A new MyFreedomSmokes.com NOW LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I have been able to get to the web site for the past few days, BUT I must delete the cookie for the site in order to get to it. A strange problem.

I don't want to delete all my cookies ever time I go there, as I normally visit a number of sites and only myfreedomsmokes.com has this problem.

I'm using internet explorer, so I can just to into "tools/browsing history/settings/view files"
and find the cookie for myfreedomsmokes.com and delete it, then I can get into the site.

Unfortunately it won't work the next time, as once again it leaves a cookie as soon as I visit the site. Strange problem.....

still not getting on MFS site, and now it is starting to take its toll
my business pursuit is wondering...

I do exact same, but I can't find MFS cookie ???

is that what it is called, or is it under another secret code name ?

jchamb2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Cleburne, tx
Go to "Tools", the "Internet Options" to the "General" tab. In the middle of the little block it says "Browsing History", then either "Delete" or "Settings". Choose "Settings" and you get another little block that lets you "Move Folder", "View Object" or "View Files".

Click on View Files and it will list all of your cookies. Mine is listed as "cookie.john@myfreedomsmokes.com/"
Delete that cookie and try to go the the website again. Hope it works for you!

TamiP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Illinois
thevapevine.blogspot.com
The good news is that now it has been letting me back on to the site over and over, after having deleted that old cookie one time. Things are looking up!

I hope so, but.... I have you signed back into your account yet?

I thought it was fixed because after deleting cookies, I kept being able to access the page, but once I resigned into my account.... nope. It let me go to my cart.... and then stopped working again. Now I can't even get the page to open again.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
yepper, that's what I've always done -- tools/browsing history/settings/view files...

- - -

BUT NOW - YES !

I'm in...

logo-MyFREEDOMSmokes 8.jpg ...is back

:) :)

jchamb2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Cleburne, tx
I'm happy to report that everything seems to be working fine now. I finally completed my order (delayed in part due to my indecision on what I wanted to get, plus the problems with the site). Completed check out just fine, got all the usual emails, and (as usual) a shipping notice the next morning.

I ordered enough DIY supplies to last a few months, so I am once again a happy camper :)
I'm sure there will be a few more problems popping up now and then, but the site seems to be up and running just great as it was before.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I also have been going to their site on a regular basis with success

but the damage was done for this month

I needed to make an order, so had to with or without MFS

I too got the coupon that I'm sure will expire before I'll use it

and I also got a little abrasive with their sent survey... :closedeyes:

but I keep checking in with their site regularly and it seems

rock solid and swift...

glad to have them back

yep, still there at 12:33pm :D

:)

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
FWIW, I just placed an order on the website last night (my first time ordering from MFS) and had a couple of minor issues. I sent them feedback through their webpage but haven't received any sort of response (not that one is necessary, but an acknowledgement of receipt would be nice).

My main issue was that their shopping cart auto empties. Yesterday I placed items into the cart only to get pulled away from my computer for a little while and upon my return found my cart empty. This happened 3 times and therefore I finally got frustrated and just quickly loaded my cart and placed my order. Of course my memory isn't the greatest (I'm a DOG!) and right after completeing checkout I remembered something that I forgot to put in my cart the third time and therefore didn't end up ordering.

I realize the hassle/issues that would be created by allowing people to modify a completed order, even seconds later, and I imagine credit card processing fees on tiny orders (what I missed in my actual order totals $1.58) is also a deterrent.

I've heard good things about MFS (it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks, and to get them to try different vendors!) especially their juices (though I got frustrated and just ended up ordering DIY supplies and skipped their premade juices). I did receive a shipping notification email this morning (and account creation and order confirmation emails last night), so other than the website issues, so far so good.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
FWIW, I just placed an order on the website last night (my first time ordering from MFS) and had a couple of minor issues. I sent them feedback through their webpage but haven't received any sort of response (not that one is necessary, but an acknowledgement of receipt would be nice).

My main issue was that their shopping cart auto empties. Yesterday I placed items into the cart only to get pulled away from my computer for a little while and upon my return found my cart empty. This happened 3 times and therefore I finally got frustrated and just quickly loaded my cart and placed my order. Of course my memory isn't the greatest (I'm a DOG!) and right after completeing checkout I remembered something that I forgot to put in my cart the third time and therefore didn't end up ordering.

I realize the hassle/issues that would be created by allowing people to modify a completed order, even seconds later, and I imagine credit card processing fees on tiny orders (what I missed in my actual order totals $1.58) is also a deterrent.

I've heard good things about MFS (it's tough to teach an old dog new tricks, and to get them to try different vendors!) especially their juices (though I got frustrated and just ended up ordering DIY supplies and skipped their premade juices). I did receive a shipping notification email this morning (and account creation and order confirmation emails last night), so other than the website issues, so far so good.

I hate when my cart gets emptied

I do, like you said, think, compare, juggle, then make a choice and
put it in my cart - then move on to next product...

I do many so can't remember, but with old site (haven't made order in new yet)
think, if you're logged in and fill cart it stays,
if you add to cart without being logged in it empties ?
and/or ALSO, think maybe they empty them like Monday morn ?

but yes that bothers me, with all the 'cookie' crap
a site that won't remember my choices :mad:

TamiP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Illinois
thevapevine.blogspot.com
I do that too, and over the last week or so have lost it several times (very annoying). They do seem to have that fixed now. My current cart order has been holding for the last two days as I've fiddled with it. If it disappears again I'll be crushed. I finally have it perfect, and am just waiting for my money to come in. (always, lol).

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Maybe my issue was that I was doing all this BEFORE creating an account? (not super new customer friendly though!)

I did try IE and the first time my cart emptied I switched to Firefox (which also emptied, twice).

TamiP, that's good to hear that it'll hold for more than 24hrs! IMO holding for 24+hrs is good, 12-24 hrs is OK, 2-12 hrs is annoying, <2 hrs (like happened to me yesterday at MFS) is FRUSTRATING!

I have my go-to suppliers for different items (i.e. 2 juice suppliers, 1 DIY supplier, 2-3 hardware suppliers) but when I decide to try someone else out for the first time, it's nice if it goes smoothly.

The reasons I picked MFS to order from yesterday (I was considering 2 other vendors) was because they had the few batteries I needed in addition to me having heard good things about their juice (other recommended chocolate juice vendors don't also sell the hardware I wanted). I liked that fact that MFS has hardware, DIY supplies, and juice = one stop shopping.

That said, I ended up so frustrated with the cart though that I opted to not even order MFS's premade juice and decided to just go with some DIY supplies (and batteries) and make my own juice (to avoid future cart issues). I ordered a bunch of hardware from a different vendor last night too, but one that I've had past experience with.

jchamb2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Cleburne, tx
I haven't had that problem, and I tend to stick things in my cart, add things, change my mind etc. It probably helps that I have an account and sign in when I add things.

Aside from the recent problems (setting up the new site), I have been ordering from MFS for quite awhile. The only reason I order from another vendor is when I need something that MFS doesn't carry, and that's not often at all. They always seem to have things in stock, process and ship orders quickly, and have always been great for my purposes. I order mainly DIY stuff these days, but still MFS is my "go to" vendor.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I surf, shop, compare many ecig sites and MFS is the top dog with me...

they have about everything I need and very competitively priced…

seems a well oiled machine with good quality people, a well rounded operation…

I’ve been purchasing from them long before whatever snafu with transfer to new
site was, and other than it ‘hit’ just at the time I needed/wanted to buy, makes
no diff to me because I had confidence they would snap back-just how they roll :smokie:

have to admit I was mad ‘cause I didn’t what I wanted, when I wanted it,
but I got over it…

MFS rocks :banana:

wish they had a qwit smoking counter banner

C4M3120N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jacksonville, FL USA
MFS was previously the ONLY placed I shopped at, for everything. I have ordered hundreds of dollars of items from them and was always very pleased with their selection and service. The only time I ever had an issue was when they didn't include one of the items I ordered but they quickly rectified the problem, which turned a negative into a positive for them. Rolling out this debauched website roll out on us though was a real slap in the face to me. This site should have been thoroughly tested before hand, especially since you were a key vendor for a lot of us. I miss all the reviews, I miss my shopping cart saving contents, I miss the days when loading a page on MFS didn't give me an error, I miss the speed at which pages previously loaded, I miss entire menu items that are just simply gone now, I miss my order history and still almost two weeks later I am still missing all my rewards points. Why should I have to modify or do anything to my computer to shop on your site? None of the other sites I visit require me to do this? The new site does look great but in all honestly I miss the old one and actually prefer it over this new one. The twenty percent off nicotine juice coupon email enticed me to log back in but only to notice the rewards points are still gone, almost two weeks and counting. I don't want to be frustrated or disappointed when shopping for things, I want to be like oooh ahhhh add to cart, add to cart, add to cart. I really do wish MFS all the best! You have always served me great in the past but all these issues forced me to look elsewhere while you were debugging problems on a poorly executed website roll out. I would also like to thank you for forcing me to look elsewhere at the same time. I am really pleased with having found *EDITED*. I would have never sought out other avenues otherwise. So, thank you for opening up my shopping horizons and for all the service you previously provided me with! I really do wish you all the best...

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexStiff

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2014
Charlotte NC
www.myfreedomsmokes.com
C4M3120N, in reality; we really did do a lot of tests on the website before it went live, it was in beta testing for about 2 weeks before we made it public. For some reason beyond our control, as soon as it went live we started having issues. Believe us, we are working day to day to fix any issues we were/are having. Some of that required our users to clean out the cookies and cashe from their web browsers (we had to do that here in the shop too). We understand it's a mild inconvenience, but most people did not mind.

If you review the website now, you shouldn't have any issues going forward (fingers crossed) aside from a product or two missing (we're working on that too), but we've always had our sections along the top of the page.. In fact, they are easier to navigate now to find exactly what you need. We are working to get the rewards system implemented to the new site, but i'm sure you're aware that we have to wait on the other company to work with us to get it rolling (which always takes more time).

We respect your decision to go with other companies, but we believe that we will always have a very faithful and strong following. If and when you decide to give us a chance (because it sounds like we never did you any wrong), we welcome you back with open arms.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread