A newbie, 14 days without a smoking and strictly vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kak13

Oct 24, 2017
Hi all!

Just wanted to say hi, and tell a little about me. I have been smoking for over 25 years, this year I got diagnosed with some serious health issues, booooo, while I had more time on my hands. I started smoking a TON!!! I use to work a minimum of 60 hours a week, most weeks 75+. Then boom all the sudden tons of free time, I got to the point I was smoking 2-2.5 packs a day, and that is flipping insane. I knew I needed a change. I wasn't ready to give up on smoking all together, I Like it!!! I made the choice to start vaping instead. I went to my local shop and got an Aspire breeze, I think y'all call it a minow here. That helped a ton but i was still smoking 3-8 cigarettes a day, so I needed something with more power(that's not the right word but i don't know what is) Back off to the smoke shop so go.... I got a Smok osub king 220tc. I loved it, I got Aqua juice 3mg, I wanted higher but they assured me with a sub ohm tank 3 would be enough, well I still wanted cigarettes so I went back in for a 6mg, against recommendations, That finally was curbing the urge to smoke. Yay!!! So now 6 weeks later, I have Smok T-priv, and a small Eleaf iJust2(I know it's an old one, but i like the flavor it gives). Sooooo 4 vape machines/mods(not sure if I am using the right verbage) I have been cigarette free for 14 days today. Yay me!!! Now here is my issue, finding juices I like, I went to Vapefi and got a few that I choose the flavors, well I didn't know a darn thing about steeping yet, so I got 2 additional ones from my local shop, one is an tobacco and caramel the other is Dragon something and wate((rmelon, both of which I enjoy. Sooo now I have started getting half way or more, down on all of my bottles, still waiting on my juices to steep. Now I am down to 10-25% in all of the shop juice and my new ones still taste off. I am stuck and need some suggestions big time, what I don't like is, coconut, mint, chocolate. I love fruity and I am in love with the caramel in the one I bought at the shop, but where do I go from here, I need something I can vape now. Do I go back to the shop? Do i order from a site where their juices are pre-steeped. Ohhh I also ordered a BUNCH from VapeWild but those aren't ready yet either and the 1 pre-steeped I got is garbage!! I did order from Broke dick yesterday, they said 3 day steep and it should be good enough. Help me figure this out please, I don't have a problem spending some money on juice, hell I have spent close to 200 so far but again those are steeping. Again help would be awesome!!!

It's so nice to meet everyone here, after I get the juice thing nailed I want to get into RBA and RTA.

Thanks for reading this book I wrote and I look forward to making connections in this online community!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Kak and welcome. First of all, congratulations!

Juices? That's a tough one... I'm not familiar with your flavors/brands, I pretty much vape unflavored or barely flavored ejuices myself. That said, it's always been my understanding that most juice vendors sell juices that are (or should be) ready to vape by the time they arrive in your mailbox. If they don't, they probably never will...

My suggestion would be to go back to the store and ask for samples (if samples are still allowed where you are). Other than that, visit our eliquid reviews forum and read... Finding the right flavor is often the most difficult part.

E-Liquid Reviews

Kak13

Oct 24, 2017
If Vapefi is Vaporfi then steeping won't be needed. Their liquids are not made to order, nor should you believe the hype.
Very ugly and greedy business. Avoid.
Thank you!!!! I ordered that little new mini they have too, and it was so bad I threw it away immediately. So I hear ya!

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
You might want to look over fruit flavors here. I've gotten some sample promotional juice from them. The quality they offer is top notch and the service, prices are very good. :) I liked their Apple Breeze juice in the WOW line they carry. I like chocolate so the tobacco flavor of Classic Chicago Smoke they have was excellent for me.

Starting out you might want to try juices for cheap over here. They sell 5 ml bottles for $2.50 USD. That is enough to let you vape a tank or two, get an idea if you like the flavor or not. I liked some of their stuff but not all of it.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hi and welcome to the forum Kak! Wow! You have done really well getting off the cigs. Vaping is great isn't it? Now we have a terrific hobbie instead of a dreadful habit. Finding the perfect flavour is difficult but we can have a heap of fun trying! I wish I could help you out with suggestions but I don't do fruits....
I have ordered pre-steeped to have on hand so I don't run out and am now getting in to DIY. SO much more economical.
Wishing you the very best,
Catherine

Kak13

Oct 24, 2017
Hi and welcome to the forum Kak! Wow! You have done really well getting off the cigs. Vaping is great isn't it? Now we have a terrific hobbie instead of a dreadful habit. Finding the perfect flavour is difficult but we can have a heap of fun trying! I wish I could help you out with suggestions but I don't do fruits....
I have ordered pre-steeped to have on hand so I don't run out and am now getting in to DIY. SO much more economical.
Wishing you the very best,
Catherine
How did you get into DIY? Where do you go for supplies? Do you have suggestions?

Kak13

Oct 24, 2017
You might want to look over fruit flavors here. I've gotten some sample promotional juice from them. The quality they offer is top notch and the service, prices are very good. :) I liked their Apple Breeze juice in the WOW line they carry. I like chocolate so the tobacco flavor of Classic Chicago Smoke they have was excellent for me.

Starting out you might want to try juices for cheap over here. They sell 5 ml bottles for $2.50 USD. That is enough to let you vape a tank or two, get an idea if you like the flavor or not. I liked some of their stuff but not all of it.
Thank you so much!!!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Welcome, Kak, and congratulations! A lot of people can help provide tons of info here, but flavor recommendations are probably the hardest. Katya's right - I think the best first step is to sample what you can at a vape shop first. After you've narrowed down the types you like, then you can read up on the forums and find, for instance, who might have the most popular watermelon flavor. In general, fruity & dessert flavors shouldn't need steeping, but some tobaccos do, depending on the mfg.

And I highly recommend diy juice, once you find what you like. You may find a juice that really does it for you, but after 30ml or so, you just don't like it anymore. This is especially true because of the changes your taste buds go through after quitting smoking. I quit 6 months ago, and have quite a few bottles of my original "favorites" in a drawer, that I won't even touch anymore. But if you diy, you can make an unflavored base, and try all the different flavorings you want for around $3 a bottle. And that $3 bottle of flavoring can make about 200ml of juice, assuming an average 5% mix. You'll be able to customize your own level of nicotine and pg/vg ratio for whatever equip. setup you settle on. You'll save tons of $. It seems difficult before you try, but with the calculators available, it's super easy.

Good luck staying off the smokes - I find vaping makes it pretty easy after the first few weeks, and I smoked over 40 years!

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Welcome, Kak, and congratulations! A lot of people can help provide tons of info here, but flavor recommendations are probably the hardest. Katya's right - I think the best first step is to sample what you can at a vape shop first. After you've narrowed down the types you like, then you can read up on the forums and find, for instance, who might have the most popular watermelon flavor. In general, fruity & dessert flavors shouldn't need steeping, but some tobaccos do, depending on the mfg.

And I highly recommend diy juice, once you find what you like. You may find a juice that really does it for you, but after 30ml or so, you just don't like it anymore. This is especially true because of the changes your taste buds go through after quitting smoking. I quit 6 months ago, and have quite a few bottles of my original "favorites" in a drawer, that I won't even touch anymore. But if you diy, you can make an unflavored base, and try all the different flavorings you want for around $3 a bottle. And that $3 bottle of flavoring can make about 200ml of juice, assuming an average 5% mix. You'll be able to customize your own level of nicotine and pg/vg ratio for whatever equip. setup you settle on. You'll save tons of $. It seems difficult before you try, but with the calculators available, it's super easy.

Good luck staying off the smokes - I find vaping makes it pretty easy after the first few weeks, and I smoked over 40 years!
Hey Kak....I do believe Brewdawg just answered your question! Have a look at the DIY liquid area on the forum for more detailed information. What I do is buy unflavoured PG and VG and flavour concentrates (locally here in Australia - so no point in listing where I buy!) then I have to import a high mg nicotine from overseas....usually USA (cause they don't sell it here). Got some nice amber glass bottles from eBay with good seals to pop it in....and let it steep......
Catherine

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, and welcome. Congratulations on switching to vaping, that's fantastic. You've gotten some good suggestions for vaping. If you have a vape store near you with a tasting bar, that can help you find juice profiles you like. Prebought juice shouldn't need steeping. You can also order inexpensive "sample" kits of juices online inexpensively and find out what flavors you like before making major purchases, which does eat up one's budget.

I DIY it was one of the things I starting doing most quickly at ECF (besides vaping) and I'm so glad I did. I enjoy my own juices so much more than storebought, and I am in control of all the variables. Over time, I've really found what flavors and combinations worked for me.

Here is a link to the DIY forum on this board. Tons of helpful folks, pinned links, and enjoyable recipes to look at. DIY E-Liquid

Best of luck, welcome to the forums, stick around and soon you will know more about vaping than you ever thought possible (I did).

Welcome! :)

Anna

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
If you have the time maybe hit a different brick and mortar shop in your town? They may have a different selection.

Try some cereal vapes, Fruit Loops and COPYRIGHTDMCA come to mind.

I tried a sample of "Bam Bam" . So good, fruity and slightly creamy, and sweet.

+1 to all the recommendations to DIY as soon as you are willing.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Maybe try something like ZampleBox. They have monthly subscriptions where they will send bottles of juice based on your liking. I think they have options on how much juice they will send you. I basically get all my juice from brick and mortars and there are certain juices that I like. My favorite right now is Reds Apple. Tastes like apple juice to me. Juices are all subjective.

One other thing you can try is to play around with the wattage. Some flavors react differently with different amounts of power. And you can also try changing up the airflow as well. The great thing is sometimes dialing your tank to your liking or to the flavor you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread