Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
while searching for information about the evaporative properties of liquid nicotine, i found this one method for those interested in extraction methods from this site:
Psychonaut - Nicotine extraction

* the poster reccomends taking 1 pyrex beaker,
* Put the content of a rolling tobacoo pack in it.
* Put isopropyl alcohol halfway the height of the tobacco.
* Put an aluminum foil on top of the beaker,
* heat gently until you obtain a slime-like solution.
* Remove and discard the aluminum and the tobacco.
* Allow to evaporate for 15 mins.

The poster then cautions:
You now have pure nicotine. Take 2/3 drops with an eyedropper, put them on your finger and think about your life, you will only have about 5 minutes left :D

S/he then warns further:
NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT THAT EXTRACTION. I did once and i accidentally spitted (sic) like HALF of a drop on my hand : I was dizzy, vomiting, unable to remain up or concentrate and had a monstruous disorienting headache, FOR 1 HOUR.

so there you go.
what led me this post was a search to understand how much nicotine a cartidge left in my e-cig looses during the day, it being unsealed at the mouth piece.

from what i have experienced the effects of the nic carts diminishes greatly as the day continues. does anyone else feel this way? i understand that nicotine evaporates but thought perhaps the carts were designed in such a way to inhibit this..maybe it is an impossibility and maybe dry smoking/dripping is the only viable solution.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'd read that before and it startled me, to be sure. Dr. Loi said the water extraction that some of us are doing at home is not likely to produce that much nicotine. And since I've done it about four or five times now, I can say I have yet to (1) be overdosed on nic, or (2) die.

Small aside: One reason BlackLeaf 40 (90% pure nicotine) was so popular as a super-killer insecticide was that it lasted only two hours in the open air. After that, go pick your field. The nicotine was gone.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
i was thinking too that perhaps a completly sealed cartridge might infringe on a patent that has already been established here:
Method of loading nicotine into porous polymeric items - US Patent 4736755
the patent is dated as early as 1988 and seems to suggest a much more intelligent design for a nicotine administering device. perhaps the technology is used in the nicotine inhalers.

i have seen some of the more expensive brands do supply a cartridge cap? as anyone using one of these noticed better results?

Also i wonder if the other ingredients in our e-liquid act to inhibit the decline of nicotine at all

Last edited:

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
TB- somethign that I just htought of- when hte nic in water is sprayed on plants, it's generally very much exposed to air, but when in a bottle say, it's 'hiding' in the water which water prevents the air from gettign to the nic perhaps? Also, in a cartridge, it's still in enough liquid to perhaps extend hte life of hte nic a bit- I have no idea if htis is right or not- just soemthing that crossed my mind. It would be nice to get a Nicotine reading from a homebrew right after it coems off hte stove, and perhaps an hour later to see how much if any is left- I've wondered myself abotu hte nic content of our homemade stuff

Oh & a bit off topic, but I've got my brother looking into creatign a stepdown male to female adapter- he's goign to tool one on Wed. if he gets the chance. if it works, I'll certainly let ya know if it works

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
I think you really should start censoring these pure-nic threads.
Why? Because if someone ends up dead and makes the headlines, it will have consequences. Start with e-cig adoption taking a few steps back.
Many of the pure nic extraction methods described on various web sites are fake. Unfortunatelly, there are rather easy ways to extract pure nic. (I'm no chemist but I know reliable source when I see one) . 50mg of pure nic could easily remain in glass scratch etc. and end up in food chain.
In short, pure nic just isn't the answer we are looking for.

Also, that disclaimer doesn't really protect you from liability as users are not forced to read it. Google for "a nicotine extraction method" (with quotes).

i have seen some of the more expensive brands do supply a cartridge cap? as anyone using one of these noticed better results?

The Super mini cartridges I am curently using from Smartsmoker have a small rubber cap over them and then they are inside a small bullet shaped plastic pellet if thats what you ment?

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
I think you really should start censoring these pure-nic threads.

it is an impossibilty to censor the internet.
the title of this thread even if linked by a search engine states:
You may discus home-making e-liquid here, but anyone attempting to follow others' advice does so at their own risk

there is also a warning in the post itself.
i am aware you are no chemist.
nicotene is already in the food chain. you can find it it tomato, cauliflower, aubergine and potato.
in short, pure nic is one topic i am interested in.

you must be extremely busy if you are to persue the many avenues of danger that are manifest in the modern era of communications.
good luck with that.

please could you post some of the rather easy methods to extract pure nicotene for me to review and alert me to the spurious kind.

thanks

Last edited:

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
The Super mini cartridges I am curently using from Smartsmoker have a small rubber cap over them and then they are inside a small bullet shaped plastic pellet if thats what you ment?

hi GTO, i think all carts come packed like that, what i was referring to was a cap that fits over the mouth-piece which prevents nic gas from escaping the confines of the cart when not in use but attatched to the atzr. im nearly sure i have seen a model that comes with one of these but i cant remember where.

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
Doesn't matter, it was linked to context of e-cigs here. Do you really think the press is going to care if pure-nic ext. instructions are all over internet? They just see it as a brilliant opportunity to make money, mind you. Peoples suspicions about e-cigs just make it even better. Took me whole three days to spot that little note. Good luck with that in court.

If you do not pay the bills, then you obviously cannot set the rules around here.
I'm certainly not in that position. I can leave this forum if censorship doesn't start, just want to hear Mihai's opinion first, since AFAIK he started this whole nic thing.

Ok im with you now, a small rubber pipe cap from a model shop would make a spot on e-cig cover they come in all sorts of sizes. The ones made be Raychem shrink to size and shape as they are made from the same material as heatshrink, make sure if you do decide to get one that it's not marked "atum" or "hot melt" as this will have glue inside that seals the joint.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
Doesn't matter etc
your response lacks an overall sense of understandability.

The ones made be Raychem shrink to size and shape as they are made from the same material as heatshrink, make sure if you do decide to get one that it's not marked "atum" or "hot melt" as this will have glue inside that seals the joint.

thanks for the info, i might ask for one at a model shop if i see one.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
"Now here information is handed to those who should not be trusted with it." Eeek, it's Judge Dred, we've been rumbled. We are not worthy.

Seriously though, why would you want to censor a public forum on the internet? The information we share is in the public domain, there are no state secrets here. If someone wants to use internet information to cause harm they can do that in numerous ways, they don't need to rely on us. You are very ambitious thinking you can censor the public internet.

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
You just want to skip to the good part where you have e-liquid. I haven't heard you
suggest any type of protection(with exception of TBs helmet suit joke), and I'm sure you dont even know what to do after
receiving potentially lethal amount of nic. Nor do you do happen to know how much resin there could
be left behind in your equipment. In short, you are
incompetent to do this safely. I do not care if you do this by yourself, but posts like these will
lure people that know squat about chemisty and math into this.
At the same time your ignorance to safety makes it sound safer than it really is.

I'm also partly interested in pure nic but at the moment, it is just too risky.
Mostly because I haven't found a method that would allow extraction of non-lethal amount of nic.
I bet non of you have even owned 10% concentrated nic. Jumping straight to 100% just because you have not found
a way to make less concentrated solutions is a bad excuse.

@TropicalBob: Thanks, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread