A Provari Journey....aka I have issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
I wanted to write about my device evolution with Provari. I was thinking about it today how far this tech has come, and how amazing it is.

I began vaping along with smoking almost 5 years ago. Better ecigs released and I bought them as they came, but none were good enough to get me through a day. The power depleted way too fast and they leaked.

Then I read about the Provari 2.5. The reviews I read on it were stellar! The killer feature was that I would get just as good a Vape in the morning, through the day, all the way to the end of the night. I had decided if I was going to buy it, then I would never buy a pack of cigarettes again. This was the first device that allowed me to hold that promise to myself. I found a dealer, drove an hour to get it...yes I was that obsessed...popped a Kanger Protank on it (First version) and bought some tiny bottles of Evo ejuice, that's all that was available at the time. I loved that device so much, and shortly after bought a Provari Mini along with the newly released ProTank 2, and sold the 2.5 for versatility.

I had 1 cigarette many months after that and it was awful. I never thought in my life that I would ever get to that point.

I used that Provari for about 2 years and moved up in types of tanks as they evolved. I particularly enjoyed the Nautilus. And then the P3 released to dealers only. I was excited! I live in NJ and was at my parents in Florida, I called that dealer on release day and had them ship it to me down there. I passed the 2.5, a bunch of tanks and juices to a friend of mine and enjoyed that P3 for about a year. I bought the P3 Nautlilus and a Kayfun 4 with P3 connector and used this device daily...until the Aspire Atlantis released. My P3 couldn't power it, so I bought a 30 Watt istick and got hooked into sub-ohming. I traded a dealer my P3 for an SX Mini. For the first time I was without a Provari.

I used that for awhile until the Vaporshark DNA 200 released. Bought that sold the SX Mini and also bought a D2 and I started messing with tanks like the UWell Crown which sucked down Juice like a milkshake. I remember watching the World Series with my wife vaping a .1 coil at 80 watts. My living room looked like a Vape shop with no ventilation, and I was coughing a lot. Me thinks I went too far.

This is where the insanity kicks in.

Then Provari announced they were releasing a new device. They slyly released tiny hints at details. I was in that forum every minute I kept refreshing Tapatalk waiting for the next detail. The Radius went up for preorder and I hit the purchase button the second they released. They said 2 weeks, I think they sent it 5 days later. Happy days! A Provari back in my collection. A little under powered, but I was happy. Then I bought a Kabuki, followed by 2 more. I sold the Vaporshark and all but 1 Crown. The Radius/Kabuki combo was perfect. Great flavor, not too much vapor, and all day battery life easily. Perfection! I still periodically craved sub ohming, not full time, but when I'm home at night. So a few months later I bought another Vaporshark DNA 200 and a Kennedy Dripper followed by Velocity V2.

Then they released the Radius custom, I ordered the stealth with clear button and sold the older Radius. Then I had a desire for a tube mod back in the fold and had to have the P3 back in my collection. A couple days later I got an email about the 50 Watt Procyon. I held off. I was under control for a few months until Provari emailed an announcement of the 60 Watt radius. Using credits from previous purchases and a 10% flash sale I pulled the trigger on that! I can drip comfortably on a Provari! At the same time I bought a Kayfun v5. This is when I realized I have issues lol.

So now I'm giving the D2 and Nautilus tanks to a neighbor to get her off the stinkies and selling off a bunch to scale down the collection. The goal is to have my 2 Radius devices, keeping the Vaporshark, 1 stealth Kabuki, 1 regular Kabuki, the Kayfun V5, the Velocity, Crown.....and the Stealth Procyon I just ordered on the Flash Sale today.

A well rounded group of mods with good power along with a nice variety of tanks and the RBA to fit whatever vaping mood I'm in.

I have issues....but I think I'm good now. Any others move around devices like this. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread