Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Those are gorgeous! I'm looking to switch from plastic tanks to glass.

They really are works of art :) Work great too! I have quite a collection now :) You will love the taste with glass, no comparison. Here are a few of mine. bnrk
CrystalTrayTanksSMALL.jpg

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
These appear to be strictly grommet tanks like the Triple V pyrex tanks from Valley View Vapes, am I correct? No end caps available?

Correct, the tank is rounded in on top and bottom, it gets fired with the design, then specially made silicone grommets sit in top and bottom, they work fabulously! They are different than cut glass tanks that do not get kiln fired. bnrk

Oh these tanks are hand blown tanks, very unique!

Last edited:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
My concern would be that the end caps might not fit the glass tank. The vendor of the tank might tell you where he gets his end caps from or what company supplies him. I don't know if I'd put all my trust into just the tiny 0 rings in an end cap to depend on holding a tank together.

I think there is quite a bit of variation in the pyrex tanks, as they seem to be custom made per distributor, and the distributors know which end caps fit best for their particular glass.

I was just being cheap ;0

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...they work fabulously!
What mod and what carto do you use? (Brand, size, and resistance?)

I'm considering getting one of these, but there seems to be a wide variation in the size and shape of all the glass tanks there. No indication of cartos recommended either. I liked the glass blown blue frog, but I'd want mine green with red eyes.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
What mod and what carto do you use? (Brand, size, and resistance?)

I'm considering getting one of these, but there seems to be a wide variation in the size and shape of all the glass tanks there. No indication of cartos recommended either. I liked the glass blown blue frog, but I'd want mine green with red eyes.

I use my tanks on a Provari or Twist, work great on both. I use Boge SR XL cartos, I punch the holes with a carto punch. The tanks come with 2 smoketeck prepunched cartos, the are LR. But I prefer Boge SR XL with my PV's.

Yes since the tanks are hand blown, they will vary a bit in size, I have a few of smaller sized and I have the larger sized ones. They all work great. I also use a Big Daddy Slap Yo Momma drip tip filling tool so I can fill from a juice bottle, works great! No more syringes :)

If you want a special tank you can ask John at High Desert, he is so accomodating and fabulous customer service. He juices are great as well. bnrk

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
John at High Desert just announced this special tank sale, time 12:58pm today 7-14-12 to 12:58pm tomorrow 7-15-12:
24 hours sale on all glass tanks.... buy one get one free!! This sale will end 24 hours from this post. TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FEEL FREE TO RE-POST

get em while they last! Post in comments area at check out what free tank you want. Great deal! bnrk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use my tanks on a Provari or Twist, work great on both. I use Boge SR XL cartos, I punch the holes with a carto punch. The tanks come with 2 smoketeck prepunched cartos, the are LR. But I prefer Boge SR XL with my PV's.

Yes since the tanks are hand blown, they will vary a bit in size, I have a few of smaller sized and I have the larger sized ones. They all work great. I also use a Big Daddy Slap Yo Momma drip tip filling tool so I can fill from a juice bottle, works great! No more syringes :)

If you want a special tank you can ask John at High Desert, he is so accomodating and fabulous customer service. He juices are great as well. bnrk

I went ahead and placed an order online for a custom tank at High Desert. Requested the blue frog tank, but changes the colors to green body with red eyes and orange toes, just like my favorite tree frog. :2cool: I didn't see your announcement about the buy 1, get 1 free until after placing my order. I emailed John with the order number and the additional tank I'd like and hopefully he will honor.

You mentioned using the SlapYourMammaTool for your tanks. Are you able to pull the carto down easily in the High Desert glass tanks to refill? The grommets in the Triple V tanks fit too tight to do that and need to be filled with a blunt needle.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I went ahead and placed an order online for a custom tank at High Desert. Requested the blue frog tank, but changes the colors to green body with red eyes and orange toes, just like my favorite tree frog. :2cool: I didn't see your announcement about the buy 1, get 1 free until after placing my order. I emailed John with the order number and the additional tank I'd like and hopefully he will honor.

You mentioned using the SlapYourMammaTool for your tanks. Are you able to pull the carto down easily in the High Desert glass tanks to refill? The grommets in the Triple V tanks fit too tight to do that and need to be filled with a blunt needle.

Oh cool, glad you notified John, not sure if he will do special order on the sale tanks, but sure worth asking!
Yes I can move the tank up or down to fill. Makes filling soooooo easy that way. I used to use a syringe before the Slap Yo Momma tool, but now that is all I use, works great! bnrk

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Oh cool, glad you notified John, not sure if he will do special order on the sale tanks, but sure worth asking!
Yes I can move the tank up or down to fill. Makes filling soooooo easy that way. I used to use a syringe before the Slap Yo Momma tool, but now that is all I use, works great! bnrk

I was just reading about the SlapYoMama adapters, and it's the same concept as the plastic filling tool available at CoV, Phiniac, and other vendors:
New Extra Long Tank Filler

These are great tools that make filling tanks and replacing cartos so much easier!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I was just reading about the SlapYoMama adapters, and it's the same concept as the plastic filling tool available at CoV, Phiniac, and other vendors:

These are great tools that make filling tanks and replacing cartos so much easier!

I totally agree. I already own the one you're talking about from Phiniac, in addition to their carto punch tool. It really does make it easier to refill juice and exchange cartos.

I often wish that the tool was even longer. The shape of the tool does not lend easy to grabbing it to pull off a carto when it is slippery with juice. The slap yo mamma tool looks longer and designed to be easier to grab/pull, I took a gamble and ordered one of those along with a couple of tank cases just to check them out.

I'm a predominantly a tank vapor with about 10 tanks, so anything to make it easier gets a look see from me.

I think I might be becoming a tank collector...8-o

Last edited:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I totally agree. I already own the one you're talking about from Phiniac, in addition to their carto punch tool. It really does make it easier to refill juice and exchange cartos.

I often wish that the tool was even longer. The shape of the tool does not lend easy to grabbing it to pull off a carto when it is slippery with juice. The slap yo mamma tool looks longer and designed to be easier to grab/pull, I took a gamble and ordered one of those along with a couple of tank cases just to check them out.

I'm a predominantly a tank vapor with about 10 tanks, so anything to make it easier gets a look see from me.

I haven't had an issue with the filler tool being difficult to grab because I use a paper towel to grab it and the wipe it off immediately. I'll probably end up getting the SlapYoMamma tool too for comparison to see if it's easier to use.

Did you get the $40 punch tool or the $15 one? I got the $15 one and it's been working really well so far.

BTW - I KNOW I'm becoming a tank collector... Is that a bad thing? :D

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I haven't had an issue with the filler tool being difficult to grab because I use a paper towel to grab it and the wipe it off immediately. I'll probably end up getting the SlapYoMamma tool too for comparison to see if it's easier to use.

Did you get the $40 punch tool or the $15 one? I got the $15 one and it's been working really well so far.

Well, just yesterday I was refilling a tank using the Phiniac tool, and when I tried to remove it it was REALLY stuck. I did try a paper towel, which didn't help because not enough of the tool was out to get enough of a grip on it. The carto was pushed up as far as I could get it from the bottom of the tank. Eventually I got it out with a small needle nosed pliers with a rag between them. First time that has ever happened.

I have the Phiniac carto punch tool for $15. It works well, but it would be nice to be able to watch how large a hole is being made while punching like with the more expensive tool. The more expensive tool happened to be out of stock...probably a good thing as I seem to be ordering something new every weekend. Its so fun to receive new juice or gear in the mail...lol. This hobby can be expensive.

I have had a couple of cartos that got warped pretty bad with the cheaper tool. I think the stuck-carto and fill-tool above was one of those. Seems like someone could come up with a punch tool that would completely surround the carto barrel tightly enough that it wouldn't warp at all during the process. I was thinking the $40 puncher did that, but the window is so large I'm sure it can warp cartos too. Pretty expensive for what it does.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio

I agree about the Phiniac tool being oddly shaped to remove easily. The first few times that I tried to remove it, I pulled the whole carto out and spilled the whole tank of juice! :facepalm: I now put the tank back on my pv and usually pull the stupid tool out with my teeth. Not a really good strategy when you think about it.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

I am a tank collector too! It is addicting :) LOL bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

Yes these simple little tools work so well for filling. What I like about the Slap Yo Mama is that it is easy to grab onto and you can give it a little wiggle to release, it is ingenious. I was really tired of syringes! LOL bnrk

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Well, just yesterday I was refilling a tank using the Phiniac tool, and when I tried to remove it it was REALLY stuck. I did try a paper towel, which didn't help because not enough of the tool was out to get enough of a grip on it. The carto was pushed up as far as I could get it from the bottom of the tank. Eventually I got it out with a small needle nosed pliers with a rag between them. First time that has ever happened.

I agree about the Phiniac tool being oddly shaped to remove easily. The first few times that I tried to remove it, I pulled the whole carto out and spilled the whole tank of juice! :facepalm: I now put the tank back on my pv and usually pull the stupid tool out with my teeth. Not a really good strategy when you think about it.

Yes these simple little tools work so well for filling. What I like about the Slap Yo Mama is that it is easy to grab onto and you can give it a little wiggle to release, it is ingenious. I was really tired of syringes! LOL bnrk

Okay, it looks like the SlapYoMama is definitely worth looking into then and it's on my short list.

I have the Phiniac carto punch tool for $15. It works well, but it would be nice to be able to watch how large a hole is being made while punching like with the more expensive tool. The more expensive tool happened to be out of stock...probably a good thing as I seem to be ordering something new every weekend. Its so fun to receive new juice or gear in the mail...lol. This hobby can be expensive.

I have had a couple of cartos that got warped pretty bad with the cheaper tool. I think the stuck-carto and fill-tool above was one of those. Seems like someone could come up with a punch tool that would completely surround the carto barrel tightly enough that it wouldn't warp at all during the process. I was thinking the $40 puncher did that, but the window is so large I'm sure it can warp cartos too. Pretty expensive for what it does.

I have a particular DCT that I got from Provape with my ProVari that has that issue with just about any carto I punch. It has the SS caps and the holes are very tight on a pre-punched carto with very little extra room, so any warping will make it very difficult to push through. The Siam Mods tank, on the other hand, has more room in the cap holes with thicker o-rings so it accepts the punched Boge cartos much better.

I am a tank collector too! It is addicting :) LOL bnrk

I know, right!?! :D With all the cool glass tanks out there, I doubt I'll be buying anymore poly tanks, except for maybe a Lava or Bella tank at some point to check them out.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Okay, it looks like the SlapYoMama is definitely worth looking into then and it's on my short list.

I have a particular DCT that I got from Provape with my ProVari that has that issue with just about any carto I punch. It has the SS caps and the holes are very tight on a self-punched carto with very little extra room, so any warping will make it very difficult to push through. The Siam Mods tank, on the other hand, has more room in the cap holes with thicker o-rings so it accepts the punched Boge cartos much better.
Yes, most of my tanks are of the DCT Smoktech models, and self-punched cartos that inevitably warp often are downright hard to get thru the end caps. If my issues continue, I may need to give up my self punching and find a reliable vendor that sells 2 or 3 hole pre-punched cartos.

I ended up ordering the Slap Yo Mamma tool. I ordered the stainless steel version for $13. They have a cheaper delrin version for $8.
View attachment 117739 View attachment 117740

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Yes, most of my tanks are of the DCT Smoktech models, and self-punched cartos that inevitably warp often are downright hard to get thru the end caps. If my issues continue, I may need to give up my self punching and find a reliable vendor that sells 2 or 3 hole pre-punched cartos.

I ended up ordering the Slap Yo Mamma tool. I ordered the stainless steel version for $13. They have a cheaper delrin version for $8.
View attachment 117739 View attachment 117740

Have you used it yet? How does it compare to the Phiniac tool? Ohhh, you've just ordered it. That's ok, I'll wait. :pop:

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I have not tried the Phiniac tool, but I sure love the Slap Yo mama tool, I can fill a tank in no time, love not having to deal with syringes. bnrk

Is it easy to remove? That is the biggest drawback to the Phiniac tool. I can fill the tank easily, I just can't remove the darned thing without breaking a nail or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread