Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Is it easy to remove? That is the biggest drawback to the Phiniac tool. I can fill the tank easily, I just can't remove the darned thing without breaking a nail or something.

yes it is easy to remove. After filling tank, screw it back on batt, I give the slap yo mama a few wiggles back and forth and it will pop off. It fits snug, but does not take blasting powder to loosen it! lol bnrk

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
ok....I guess I'm really bored today! lol! but I have a question. Why do both the Phiniac tool and the slap yo mamma tank tool have an O-ring on them? What exactly is the purpose of that O-ring? For the life of me I can't figure out any useful purpose.

They fit on top of your carto like a drip tip. This then enables you to slide the carto into the tank and refill your juice, without it pouring into the top of your carto. Really simple to use.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
FYI: For anyone that hasn't heard yet, Phiniac is now offering color in their sandblasted designs as an option. This just moved them to the top of my short list and I see a clear XL tank with guitar and notes (in blue) and SS caps in my very near future! :D

I've ordered a remake of my current Tribal Taurus XL tank that I had got in Black, but this time I've asked for a clear tank with the Taurus symbol in Black Frosted and my initials in Red Frosted. It shipped yesterday. ;)

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
I've ordered a remake of my current Tribal Taurus XL tank that I had got in Black, but this time I've asked for a clear tank with the Taurus symbol in Black Frosted and my initials in Red Frosted. It shipped yesterday. ;)
Hmmm, I see a new Pisces tank in my future!! Now to choose the colors....

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Just to sum up the thread so far, here's what we have for quality glass tanks:

And for useful tank tools, we've discussed these so far:

Anyone else have any good glass tank makers / vendors or maybe some other useful tank tools?

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Just to sum up the thread so far, here's what we have for quality glass tanks:

And for useful tank tools, we've discussed these so far:

Anyone else have any good glass tank makers / vendors or maybe some other useful tank tools?

No, but I keep looking! Bumping this to the top as this is an excellent list of resources. Thanks BuGlen.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
BuGlen -- Thanks for the thread summation. I've been checking out those IBTanked Tanks and they're pretty sweet! It's hard to imagine how big they are from the pics. At 19mm, the outside diameter is about the same as a Vivi Nova, which is pretty skinny, especially since that includes the 2.5mm walls. The prices are nice, but I don't want some dinky little skinny glass tubes. They look big in the pics, though! So, I dunno..... I searched Google Images for IBTanked to see what they might look like on a pv and found nothing.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
BuGlen -- Thanks for the thread summation. I've been checking out those IBTanked Tanks and they're pretty sweet! It's hard to imagine how big they are from the pics. At 19mm, the outside diameter is about the same as a Vivi Nova, which is pretty skinny, especially since that includes the 2.5mm walls. The prices are nice, but I don't want some dinky little skinny glass tubes. They look big in the pics, though! So, I dunno..... I searched Google Images for IBTanked to see what they might look like on a pv and found nothing.

Hopefully someone who has a tank from IBTanked will chime in and provide some size/capacity information. Based on the pictures, they appear to be about the same capacity as my Siam Mods tank, which is about 5ml.

charmed412

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
constant state of confusion
For me, the flavor is so much better in glass and pyrex. I love my Phiniac tanks. I have turned all of my Lava and non Lava tanks into glass/pyrex tanks with Bedazzle tubes. They work great, fit a variety of tank caps, and they are like jewelry for my tanks. She will have her own colored tank caps soon. I can't wait to try those.

saturday039.jpg

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
For me, the flavor is so much better in glass and pyrex. I love my Phiniac tanks. I have turned all of my Lava and non Lava tanks into glass/pyrex tanks with Bedazzle tubes. They work great, fit a variety of tank caps, and they are like jewelry for my tanks. She will have her own colored tank caps soon. I can't wait to try those.

saturday039.jpg

Do you have a link for the Bedazzled tubes supplier? I'm sure others will be interested in these as well.

Dear Lazyweb,
Guys make it easy for me? Somebody PM me and tell me the best glass tanks to get in your humble opinion?
Thanks!!!
Sandy

Best is very subjective. For the most popular, I would say Phiniac based on the chatter here on the forums. For the least expensive, probably IBTanked based on the pricing on their web site. I personally have a Siam Mods clear XL tank which is moderately priced and it's working great and with the end cap design, it looks like it belongs on top of my ProVari.

In other news, I pulled the trigger this morning at Phiniac and ordered my clear XL tank with the guitar & notes design in blue frost and SS caps. It should be here by the end of the week! :D

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio

saturday039.jpg

Your collection of everything is beautiful! Oooooh, *grabby hands* thanks for the link to the bedazzled tubes.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

saturday039.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Dear Lazyweb,
Guys make it easy for me? Somebody PM me and tell me the best glass tanks to get in your humble opinion?
Thanks!!!
Sandy

I think it all depends on personal taste. For me the hand blown tanks are great and all I use. They are easy for a newbie, it was my first tank experience and it was so easy to use and they work great. I now have 11 of them! Oh yes I am addicted to glass tanks LOL bnrk

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I think it all depends on personal taste. For me the hand blown tanks are great and all I use. They are easy for a newbie, it was my first tank experience and it was so easy to use and they work great. I now have 11 of them! Oh yes I am addicted to glass tanks LOL bnrk

Gotta link to the hand blown tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread