Status
Not open for further replies.

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but COV has a new filler tool that is shaped like the Slap Yo Mama tool. Don't know if it's better or not as good, but having options is a good thing. :D

NEW MAP Filer Tip

That looks so much easier to remove without pulling everything apart! Of course, i just ordered a Slap yo Mama adapter! :facepalm:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Diana, $40 something bucks for one tank tho, wow. Phiniacs.

Hey sandy. Have you looked into Bedazzled tanks? They are made of glass and they're alot cheaper. I don't know that much about them, as I don't own one, but here's a link to their site at ECF. They show the glass tubing, but I'm sure they send the tank with end caps....I'm just not sure what type of end caps.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...er-forum/293225-bedazzle-glass-tanks-244.html

They have alot of .......uuuhhhmm....yipyapping there, but you can post at the end of the thread and ask questions.
Hope this helps you!

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
So now that I posted that, you guys owe me....

What glass tanks should I start out with?

Right now I use the Smoketech ones with dual coil cartos. I also like the Apollo Tank and I just ordered some Vivi Nova v2.5 tanks to try.

Hey Sandy, I am using my first Viva Nova now on my vaca and am quite pleased with it. I was concerned because it's not glass but the flavor is very good and it is soooo easy to fill. No cartos to punch. Just unscrew the top cap and fill. Same with the Apolla. My first Apolla was great but then started having the common issues of gurgling and leaking. Seems to be a qc issue according to some of the threads I've read so I ordered another one and will also be trying that on my trip. I wish these were glass but they both gave great flavor, not muted, not plastic and I'm loving how easy these rebuildable tanks are to use.

My previous experience has been with the SmokTech DCT. Had the polycarbonate (clear) tube ones, both leaked and were discarded. I've had much better success with the newer polypropylene (frosted) SmokTech DCT's.

I find the polypropylene much better flavor-wise also. It doesn't have the plastic taste you get with polycarbonate.

I hate using syringes. Once, I almost injected myself with vape juice.
Hoosier Vapes? Not Hoosier ecigs? And yes maybe I should go with Phiniac - sometimes it's cheaper just to buy the good one!

I don't care they look. I just want tanks that work well and don't need injecting. I have not had the Smoketech dual coil tanks leak.

Hoosier Vapes. What size/type pv's do you use? I find that I like the tank to match the size of the pv if possible but most glass tanks are pretty wide. It just looks much sleeker and doesn't tip over - which is never a good thing with glass!

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but COV has a new filler tool that is shaped like the Slap Yo Mama tool. Don't know if it's better or not as good, but having options is a good thing. :D

NEW MAP Filer Tip

That looks really interesting but I can't figure out how you would use it???

Sandy - I don't think you saw my last post to you here. I have several and will be glad to help you with this. I definitely agree that the Bedazzles are great and reasonably priced. These are my favorites but I haven't tried some of the above mentioned ones. The designs are always changing also and are so pretty. Soon she will have matching caps also or you can use your own caps. There is a list on her thread of which caps to use with which size. Phiniacs are some of the best I've used but I find them a little wide for anything smaller than a provari size pv.

I have several tanks and I can send you pics of mine so you can get an idea of the various sizes and styles when I get home. I can even send you some to try out if you want. For you my dearest - anything!!! ;)

dlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Ohio
Hey Sandy, I am using my first Viva Nova now on my vaca and am quite pleased with it. I was concerned because it's not glass but the flavor is very good and it is soooo easy to fill. No cartos to punch. Just unscrew the top cap and fill. Same with the Apolla. My first Apolla was great but then started having the common issues of gurgling and leaking. Seems to be a qc issue according to some of the threads I've read so I ordered another one and will also be trying that on my trip. I wish these were glass but they both gave great flavor, not muted, not plastic and I'm loving how easy these rebuildable tanks are to use.

I find the polypropylene much better flavor-wise also. It doesn't have the plastic taste you get with polycarbonate.

Hoosier Vapes. What size/type pv's do you use? I find that I like the tank to match the size of the pv if possible but most glass tanks are pretty wide. It just looks much sleeker and doesn't tip over - which is never a good thing with glass!

Sandy - I don't think you saw my last post to you here. I have several and will be glad to help you with this. I definitely agree that the Bedazzles are great and reasonably priced. These are my favorites but I haven't tried some of the above mentioned ones. The designs are always changing also and are so pretty. Soon she will have matching caps also or you can use your own caps. There is a list on her thread of which caps to use with which size. Phiniacs are some of the best I've used but I find them a little wide for anything smaller than a provari size pv.

I have several tanks and I can send you pics of mine so you can get an idea of the various sizes and styles when I get home. I can even send you some to try out if you want. For you my dearest - anything!!! ;)

*jumps up and down* Me too, Mookie, meeee toooo!

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I also just tried a poly tank from Valley Vapers, only $7.99. Not glass but so much better than clearos for performance and flavor and juice will NOT melt it or crack it. I have had nothing but headaches with cleaors so wanted something easy to take along and if I drop it oh well, only $7.99 LOL I never take out my glass tanks or Provari so wanted something light and easy to go on a Twist for out and about, this little poly tank is great. Not a glass vape put so much better than a clearo! bnrk

correction: Valley View Vapor is the vendor he also has cheap priced glass tanks. Not beautiful, but very functional.

Last edited:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago

Mooks, you da bomb, babe. I did not see your prior post, will try to find it. Thank you!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox.
If you got the Apollo from Discount Vapers he said there were problems with the heads on one of his orders from China. He sent me a replacement head and this one is great.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Hey sandy. Have you looked into Bedazzled tanks? They are made of glass and they're alot cheaper. I don't know that much about them, as I don't own one, but here's a link to their site at ECF. They show the glass tubing, but I'm sure they send the tank with end caps....I'm just not sure what type of end caps.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...er-forum/293225-bedazzle-glass-tanks-244.html

They have alot of .......uuuhhhmm....yipyapping there, but you can post at the end of the thread and ask questions.
Hope this helps you!

Hey Kay, thanks a lot! :) :) :) Can't find where they actually sell them on that link though :(

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
*jumps up and down* Me too, Mookie, meeee toooo!

You too, D :) :) :) :)

I'm just a confused tankgirl, ya know? I'm kinda cheap too .. don't really want to pay that much for tanks. I figure I need about five or so tanks. So do I really want to spend upwards of $200 on tanks? Nope.

*sends extra x's and o's to D so she won't feel left out*
x 0 o x 0 0 x x o

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
You have to PM Bedazzle and tell her which one you want and set up a payment. Since you're a verified member you shouldn't have any problems. If you go to the very first page, you'll see her avatar. I understand about spending so much money on tanks. When I first started off with tanks I looked at the plastic ones, and I thought THEY were expensive!:laugh: Finally got about 7 of them, and then realized I wanted to switch to glass, so had to start all over again! It's taken me a few months to get back up to the 'required' number of tanks, in GLASS this time.:laugh: Just remember...Rome weren't built in a day!:D

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Mooks, you da bomb, babe. I did not see your prior post, will try to find it. Thank you!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxox.
If you got the Apollo from Discount Vapers he said there were problems with the heads on one of his orders from China. He sent me a replacement head and this one is great.

I have an Apollo and it does not work, did you just email for a replacement head?? bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Br - Apollo tank. Mine stopped working the first day, and I emailed him the next day. Not sure how long you had yours?

I will have to check, maybe 3-4 weeks but have not used it because it performs so poorly. I bought two, one I never used. I think it looks cool and all, but yuck, not good if it does not work. I did see some called Excaleber that some people loved and looks just like the Apollo on colors, but not sure if it is the same or not. bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
B, Eric said he bought a bad batch - you probably got them. Check the other one too. My problem was it just tasted yukko burnt. The new one tastes fine.

Yep same problem here, no draw, just a bad plastic burnt taste, very bad! I will pop him off an email.

Oh I just had an idea for cheap decorated tanks. The poly tank I got from Valley View works great but is so plain and boring looking I decorated it with foil stickers to jazz it up, it looks cool! Could do this with his glass tanks too. Not nearly a blown glass designer tank, but it does look cool for out and about :) bnrk
polytank2 001.jpg

It actually looks better in person, I scanned it and colors are bit off.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Yep same problem here, no draw, just a bad plastic burnt taste, very bad! I will pop him off an email.

Oh I just had an idea for cheap decorated tanks. The poly tank I got from Valley View works great but is so plain and boring looking I decorated it with foil stickers to jazz it up, it looks cool! Could do this with his glass tanks too. Not nearly a blown glass designer tank, but it does look cool for out and about :) bnrk
View attachment 121254

It actually looks better in person, I scanned it and colors are bit off.

Nice! Where did you get the foil stickers? A local hobby shop?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Nice! Where did you get the foil stickers? A local hobby shop?

I got them at Alco, a local little store, but Walmart also carriers some foil and you can find tons of them online too. Then if you get sick of that look, just peal them off and change them :) Easy and very cost effective! bnrk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread