a question for the admins

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderstrat

Nov 28, 2015
aston,pa
what do you think of this idea?A software protocol that would not allow anyone that was a member for less than 2 weeks or has say less than 20 posts to start any battery thread without confirmation that they have read a set of battery safety rules.
all the hard work has been done its all here but every day there is a post :are these batteries safe" or "can I use these batts" some days its multiple times a day and 100% could be eliminated with the search function
So if people are going to be that lazy or just dont know put a set of check boxes next to certain section of the battery safety section and limit the questions till they have atleast read the basics.

Those are just suggestions of my idea I'm sure a good programmer can come up with something good

fenderstrat

Nov 28, 2015
aston,pa
I.m sorry if my idea is offensive to anyone,but the general forum gets these questions over and over and over.

I do thorough research before I make any purchase so I guess it just amazes me when people cant do even the most basic research about something as serious as this especially when most topics are in huge letters all over the battery forum.I think I found Mooch's posts about 3 min after being a member.You type 18650 into the search engine and everything comes up.

Reactions: pwheeler

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
@fenderstrat the issue you are describing is IFK (in front of keyboard), it cannot be remedied by software or rule-sets.
Some people get that an established forum works like a knowledge repository, some do not. It's also in part laziness, but as long as there are forum members dedicated to answering similar questions over and over it still works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread