Status
Not open for further replies.
This may b the wrong place to post this, but i am curious of other peoples opinion....if marlboro or camel was to get into the vaping business (i.e. liquids or mods) would you purchase their products?...myself, i am torn on one hand, for years they have produced a product that harms/kills people (granted by choice), with no effort to come up with a safer alternative...but it if they were to start it does show an attempt towards helping along the safer alternative...also I'm not to fond of giving my money to a major company like this, but with the kind of money a company like this could use to further the efficiency and safety of the vaping products...at this point id like to say that i would much rather support a smaller home grown business, so i probly wouldn't buy from a major tobacco company...anyway what's ya'alls views on this?

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
This may b the wrong place to post this, but i am curious of other peoples opinion....if marlboro or camel was to get into the vaping business (i.e. liquids or mods) would you purchase their products?...myself, i am torn on one hand, for years they have produced a product that harms/kills people (granted by choice), with no effort to come up with a safer alternative...but it if they were to start it does show an attempt towards helping along the safer alternative...also I'm not to fond of giving my money to a major company like this, but with the kind of money a company like this could use to further the efficiency and safety of the vaping products...at this point id like to say that i would much rather support a smaller home grown business, so i probly wouldn't buy from a major tobacco company...anyway what's ya'alls views on this?

For DIY, I would get the (nicotine USP liquid from them any day) Reason is because it is MADE IN USA, as for flavors and VG, PG I would keep my old supplier. The nicotine USP that I use now is from Factory: 25/2, Main Mathura Road, Village Kaili, Ballabgarh, Faridabad — 121 004, Haryana, India and a Rabbi signed it making it Kosher.. Shout out to Vapor Shots on that:p

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Nope. They got enough of my money while I was smoking. Many of the anti-vaping bills are sponsored by Big Tobacco. So, I'm sure they really care about my health. Not. They just don't want to lose money due to less people smoking.

I prefer to buy my stuff from small companies/modders who care about vaping.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Most likely no and not because of ethics. I just can't see them producing anything I'd be interested in, as a vapor.

I completely agree. I was a Marlboro Menthol smoker and it was my favorite cig hands down but I can't imagine them ever coming out with something I'd want to vape. I don't mind doing business with big companies but if ethics were any part of my decision it would be to question "Would Philip Morris keep my vape juices clean and pure?" and the answer would be no, I wouldn't trust them.

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
the ONLY game for big tobacco, is the "perfect product" model that was described as " you make it for a penny, you can sell it for a dollar".
so don't expect them to allow competition that takes away from them...
you provari guys , yep that not gonna be around if big T has it's say.
you reo fans.... big T votes no
got a mod? yea that's no longer acceptable

sorry only batteries that pass the xyz 332.87 test and prefilled cartos that self destruct if refilling is attempted per rule 4634.12 health and safety board.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I think it would be cool if Philip Morris or RJ Reynolds came out with e-juices. They have the resources that other companies don't. Plus, I happen to think if e-juice actually "hooked" smokers better, that is a good thing, since vapor is safer than smoke, and that means more smokers could transition to vaping. People don't understand this issue, if e-juice and vaping is only marginally appealing, it will never work for many people. But then, I know this because I can only vape e-liquid with WTA, it's the only thing that has any semblance to tobacco that I want.

So yes, I think it would be great if "Big Tobacco" got more involved in e-cigs and e-juice became more like a tobacco product rather than the NRT cocktail like it currently is.

People that hate on Big Tobacco don't get it. If Big Tobacco went out of the game, "Small Tobacco" would just step in. Tobacco was an agricultural product that killed people long before it became a manufactured cigarette (just look up Ulysses Grant or Sigmund Freud some time, killed by cigar smoking- no big manufacturing plants and multinationals needed). People would be just as addicted to cigarettes, and probably even more people dead. Anybody ever try RYO? A roll-your-own smoke has even more tar than a manufactured cigarette. "Big Tobacco" didn't have to manipulate cigarettes to make them dangerous, inhaling burning tobacco is inherently dangerous.

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Hell No. They are greedy murderers.
I don't think there's a whole lot of smokers left (present or former) who can honestly say that they didn't know smoking was addictive and bad for them when they started. I certainly did, and that makes ME responsible for any harm that 36 years of smoking may have caused me.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I don't think there's a whole lot of smokers left (present or former) who can honestly say that they didn't know smoking was addictive and bad for them when they started. I certainly did, and that makes ME responsible for any harm that 36 years of smoking may have caused me.

You have to admit that they were pretty duplicitous for many years, denying the harm of their product. I will say the one thing they were probably not guilty of was marketing to kids. Popular culture/parents, or in my case my grandfather, did that well enough without their help.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Camels are made by R.J. Reynolds. They already have a vapor product on the market.
RJR Vapor Homepage......

Here's an interesting FAQ for RJ's products.....https://vusevapor.com/modules/FooterLinks/ProductFAQ.aspx

Worth reading through, and pray this is NOT the future of vaping.....:mad:

Can I use non-VUSE Cartridges with the VUSE PowerUnit?

No. VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes include proprietary encryption technology that does not permit any non-VUSE Cartridges to be used with VUSE PowerUnits. This ensures our adult tobacco consumers enjoy high quality and superior vapor experience - without risk of counterfeit or substandard cartridges. VUSECartridges are only compatible with VUSE products

Can I use VUSE Cartridges with non-VUSE power units?
No. VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes include proprietary encryption technology that does not permit any other E-Cigarette to be used with VUSE Cartridges.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread