1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

A real introduction!

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Richard75, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Richard75

Richard75 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So, I posted a question about the 510 connector about a week ago, but here's my real introduction into Reoville. I originally got my Reo for the car, since I drive up to Massachusetts about once a month to see my (lovely) girlfriend, but I've been using it more as an all day vape lately. Granted, I'm coming from a Titan and Helios, which is one hard combo to beat (and I still consider it my perfect vape), but for about 6.5 hours driving home to Pennsylvania this past Saturday, this Reo was my best friend:

Reo.jpg

I've currently got my Hornet set up at ~1.1 ohms with some Solar Flare from Mt. Baker Vapor, and while I find it very finicky for flavor (most everything tastes a little off compared to my Helios), it's served me well. Now, I don't believe in psychic power, but I do see a Reomizer entering into my life in the very near future. ;)

2. feldwin

feldwin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Reo and RM2 is a hard combo to beat. No flooding, no muss, no fuss.
    Welcome to Reoville.

3. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Very nice looking REO!

Yes, you kinda owe it to yourself to grab a RM2. I think it will make you love that REO even more!

It is fine to use more than one kind of PV. We should always strive for the best thing we can get to make vaping drive away those cigs.

Enjoy your REO, glad it is proving to be a important part of your life!

4. Raynman

Raynman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to Reoville! Congrats on the beautiful Reo. I have other units as well but I look on the bright side ..... the more dust they collect the less dust makes it to my dresser. YMMV

5. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter Vaper with a vid cam, killer mods and awesome RDAs Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Glad to hear it Richard. Welcome and congrats :)

6. Matthee

Matthee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Glad you like the Reo. With the RM2 it will be an even better friend.

7. yolo_

yolo_ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hi Richard, that is a good looking Reo you got there :) I have a special love for the metallic/sparkly Reos.

Since i started using RM2s my vaping pleasure has increased by 100% and i am sure yours will too.

8. Rhapsodies Fire

Rhapsodies Fire Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Congratulations, Richard! :)

9. Richard75

Thank you all! I'm happy to be here. I don't necessarily consider one mod better than another... I just consider them part of the family. Some family members you see more often then others, some you see all day... but you still love 'em all!

Yeah, the red door was a bit more sparkly than I thought it would be, but I'm not displeased with it. :)
    The Reo is truly a pleasure to vape with. I love the weight, the feel of it, and the action of squonking is oddly enjoyable.

Here's a quick question... can you use flat top batteries in the Reo Grand? I mean, I tried it and it works, but it is not advisable? I only have one AW 18650 at the moment, and two flat top 18650's. I just don't like a mod having downtime while waiting for a battery to charge!

10. Matthee

Matthee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The mod was designed (firing pin) with the AWs in mind and they are recommended. But some peeps do use the flat tops. Personally I stick to the AWs.

11. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

Welcome Richard :)

12. new kid

new kid Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome, Richard. I have used the flat tops in mine occasionally with no problems. I mostly just use the AW IMR's.

I'm curious what kind of coil you are using in the Hornet. Is it a cotton micro? Makes a world of difference in vape quality with what the coil is like and the medium.

13. Richard75

I'm using Ekowool, 2mm looped, with 4 wraps of 30g Kanthal... I use the same stuff in my Helios (same looped Ekowool, but I do two 5 wrap coils, which gives me about 0.8 ohms total). Perhaps it just has to do with switching from dual coil to single coil again. I'm still getting good throat hit, the flavor is just a bit different from my Helios.

I've used a microcoil with cotton before in an Igo-L, with great results. I've tried a microcoil in the Hornet, but the interior is so darn small it's hard to get a good coil in there without it touching the side of the cap.

: baker
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.