UK
penclip.jpg

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
it just a little quick two dollar led torch conversion experiment made to see how well a manually operated 901 atomizer works when driven by a cigar 10440 AAA sized lithium battery.. and testing the manual press to smoke switch concept..

my eldest son has been smoking it for just over a day now..

he says it smokes better than a normal 901.. the batteries have been run for fours hours between charges and the press button becomes second nature to use after after a few hours with it..

it looks silly but works well..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Your creations are quite interesting. Do you plan to sale any of them or are you planning on sharing your steps with us?

i plan on selling them but i am still being pretty open about what they are.. there is nothing overly technical about them.. they are simply e smoking devices that work.. they do this mainly by using higher capacity batteries than normal e cigs..

the manual switch enables a pre heat before being sucked and produces more vapour because of this.. plus the bigger batteries wont need replacing very often and cost very little when they do..

they wont and cant look like real cigarettes.. they will be of use to people away from chargers for longer times or who are heavy users..

trog

ps.. its "keep it simple stupid".. but shedding the real problem.. the need to be cigarette like in size..

Last edited:

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Hey Trog

Reduced to lurking at the mo but I gotta surface for this. If you're going to sell this bad boy (and/or the screwdriver) I'm a nailed-down buyer. If you can fit atomisers to bagpipes social e-smoking becomes a reality.

Maybe a poll to guage interest? (e-cig, not bagpipes - I know everybody wants one of those)

Emp

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
that one is just a battery size tester.. a girly one is possible karen.. he he

technically an atomizer can be fitted to anything.. even bagpipes emp..

my eldest son has been using the one in the pic for several days now.. lets say he aint shown any desire to put it down and go back to any of the many other "normal" type e cigs laying around the place..

but "novelty" e cigs is another idea.. how about a plastic duck that floats in the bath with a bill that can be sucked on while in the tub.. he he he

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
sorry trog, maybe a stupid question: " why not to try with the mobile phones batteries, they are getting better and better

they are still basically lithium batteries.. lithium battery technology is improving but not in leaps and bounds.. so it comes down to shape size and price

also using existing atomizers limits the voltage to single cells of around 4 volts and a bit under..

if the job was done from scratch batteries can be made in any shape or size.. but the simple (mass produced) off the shelf cylindrical ones are both cheap and functional..

a normal e cig battery is a simple lithium cell.. the only problem being cos it has to fit in a cigarette sized tube it cant be big enough.. to be honest the ones being used do a remarkable job for the size and capacity they are..

but its a "chinese" thing.. they make what we want even thow they cant work properly.. i call it a "chinese" thing because only the chinese would make such things.. they know we want cigarette sized devices so they make em for us..

a cell (mobile) phone started off the size of a house brick..i had one twenty years ago.. its got smaller as battery technology has allowed it to get smaller..

the chineses use a different kind of logic.. they make "small" before small is practical.. they do this cos they know its what we want.. we also think clever (new) technology can get a quart into a pint pot.. but where batteries are concerned it cant.. and its not likely to for some time..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread