A simple review of 2.5, Classic, and P3

Status
Not open for further replies.

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
Someone wrote that there weren't many reviews for the Classic so while I'm waiting for the pet store to open (I need to swap out my fish tank!), I figured I would post my thoughts on the different models.

I have a P3, a Classic, and a few 2.5 Provari. I vape for flavor. I mainly use the Nautilus, Kayfun clones, and an RSST.

LED Color: I like my 2.5s because the screen is the same color as the button. I prefer the green screen. On the Classic and P3, the screen is what I call DOS grey. (Like an old computer) Since my finger is on the firing button, it doesn't really matter what color I select for the button on the Classic or P3.

Screen info: Love seeing what's left in my battery on the Classic & P3! Knowing the ohms info and voltage setting doesn't mean much to me when I'm using the devices.

Size and weight: I can't tell any difference between the three. I can't tell which one I picked up with my eyes closed. I have extra extension rings that can be used on all models so I use all 3 sizes of batteries. I swap the colored rings depending on my mood that day. Kind of like purses. :)

Flat top vs. rounded top: I have beauty rings for my 2.5 so this is pretty even. I've had the ring on the Classic & P3 come off unintentionally, so dropping the ring off of any of the 3 is the same for me. I have tightened the Nautilus too hard before on the Classic and everything came unscrewed when I removed it. It was a little hard getting the topper pieces off my Nautilus. The annoyance factor is the same for all of them for me.

Range of watts/volts: Seeing this when firing doesn't matter to me. I turn it up or down based on taste and I've always been able to set it where I like it. I couldn't even tell tell you what the highest setting is that I've used.

That's about it. I think each model gets a little something extra each time. I'm not the kind of person that will use all the new bells and whistles. My favorite things are the colored info screen and seeing the battery life. If I could boil them all down in a pot and create my own Provari out of the three I would make a Classic with a color changing info screen that only showed my battery life.

If I were to make another purchase from the 3 items available right now, I would buy another Classic. (I'm sure I will!! Question is when!)

COHgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
Kansas
Is the classic upgradable - meaning if there are any upgrades, you must send the ProVari back to them such as with the P3?

I don't know if it is or not. I've heard of P3 upgrades. For me, I don't think I will ever upgrade the software. Unless it would change the info screen color ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread