Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
FWIW, I'm sure that all of the battery manufacturers are probably spending millions in R&D every year to come up with more powerful batteries in smaller packages. Development is limited to simple chemistry/physics. I'm sure that they all know that if they can come up with a more powerful battery in a smaller package, they can make billions and the world will beat a path to their door. This is why many cell phones have gone from Li-Ion to Li-Po batteries, because they can get more power out of a smaller battery. The fact that the vape community uses batteries to power their vaporizers probably represent a miniscule portion of their revenue. The use of batteries in power tools, cell phones, electric cars, etc. probably represents the lion's share of their sales. The fact that we would want a cigalike battery that can last a week between recharging and can put out watts/amps like a box mod probably doesn't even register a blip on their radar.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Not sure what youve been reading but your a bit off. The eu tpd is just a directive, each member is free to set their own laws. Cigalikes wouldnt be the only legal option, solely devices that are "leak free" and have leakproof filling, which is odd and hard to specifically define. Either way, cigalikes wouldnt be the only option, cartomizers would be as well and you can use most any of those on your standard 510 mod, so why do they need to invest in battery technology?

And yes, if things were implemented as you seem to think, manufacturers would sit on their hands. Why spend hundreds of millions of dollars on r&d when they will never recoup that investment? I think you are trying to bring in something completely unrelated to the op. If you wish to discuss the eu tpd then there are other places for it.

Of course I will not argue with you since you seem to know much more about the EU, its directives and how they are implemented than I do , who live here.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I take these threads as comical relief to the daily stress of life.
Interesting conversations much like Tera-forming another planet.
We are just not there yet.

Perhaps a Micro Nuclear reaction chamber - Infinite Power to provide limitless power at any wattage level. :lol::lol::lol:
They're already starting to go in that direction (this was 8 years ago).
Put A Nuclear Reactor In Your Basement
Toshiba Builds 100x Smaller Micro Nuclear Reactor

A nuclear reactor that measures 20 feet by 6 feet and can put out 200 kilowatts.

Reactions: DavidOck

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Still to big :(
Wait until these are available.
Ghostbusters-Proton-Backpack-Movie-Prop-Replica.jpg

Reactions: Toronnah

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA

I remember years ago when I purchased a Honda Civic Hybrid, I read that Honda sent info to different fire departments around the country for safe places on the car to cut so they won't accidentally hit any of the high voltage wiring coming from the battery pack, and there were big warning stickers all over the car. I can imagine it would be pretty bad if the fire department had to cut someone out of the car and accidentally shorted the battery pack.

Reactions: Baditude

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not sure what youve been reading but your a bit off. , each member is free to set their own laws.

1) SORRY everyone if this is slightly off-suject but I couldnt let this go by without clarifying for the benefit of other forum -readers who might not be aware of what's happening in Europe...

2)"The eu tpd is just a directive"

NO....Im sorry Serene in Dallas,it's much WORSE than that :( :(...

.... its CALLED a "directive" but it's NOT JUST a "directive"! its not "just" a suggestion.

And Papillon, who I believe lives in Malta, is quite aware of the problem, and is as worried about it as we all are here in Europe.

I live in France and as a FR resident am directly concerned by the EU Directive which normally will go into force in ALL EU states by MAY 2016 AT THE VERY LATEST.

By that date all member EU states MUST apply AT MINIMUM the directives in the TPD!!!!!

Their only "freedom /choice" is to go even further/ BEYOND the EU TPD directives and enforce other even stricter regulations on top of those required by/in the TPD!!

They also have the "choice" of applying the Directives even earlier than the May 2016 deadline.
But the TPD has already been voted .
No way back = These directives WILL become law in the EU by May.
Of course some states may decide not to ENFORCE the laws too strictlyafterwards ...Some may decide to go even further than the TPD regulations AND strongly Enforce them!

Thats what we're waiting to find out now...

SOME EU countries have already started applying the regulations .
(I believe it's the case in the Netherlands and in Austria-not sure which countries, but I DO know some member states have already applied certain regs from the TPD.)
Its not the case in FRance yet, FR always waits for the extreme latest deadline before applying anything from the EU and I believe the UK is fighting it and hasnt applied anything yet either.

BUT, LEGALLY, BY MAY 2016 at minima ALL the TPD directives will have to be applied and become LAW everywhere in Europe....Maybe some countries will make the Directives law and then just ignore them ...That happens often !!!
For the moment we dont know how forcefully each country will apply these laws,that's all that's left to find out as the legal process is now exhausted (voted & going into application),no going back....

....& It might not take too long for the US to follow suit :( !
(though of course there would be no legal obligation for them to do so, but someone, somewhere ,will be bound to say "hey,look what they're doing in Europe, we should should use the EU TPD as an "inspiration" for future legislation here" ...UGH...of course I sure hope that wont/ doesnt happen but ...????

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
For those who think they know a lot about the EU and its directives. Para 4 in the Vapers column is very pertinent to the subject being discussed here. I received this document from Totally Wicked, UK in my email this morning. It didn't really tell me anything new - I have read Article 20 of the TPD many times.

Vaper's Support Totally Wicked's Legal Challenge | TPD

Last edited:

slipdiskk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2011
ithaca, ny
Hi all

I've been using an MVP and istick since I began vaping as I found the cig-a-like kits ineffective. However, today at my local shop I saw one of these slim ecig kits called the neo at the checkout. Now I know it's just the same as other cigalike kits and won't give a satisfying vape like the MVP and istick, but it looked so sleek and simple. I'm not talking about the white cigalikes with the orange glow on the end. I think they look tacky. A mod that's slim enough to place between your fingers and you don't need a button to press and is refillable and has the power of a mod - why has no one thought of combining these looks with the power of a mod? I don't mean slim mods either but something like this:

006C000000stIkZ_4-11-2014_RS_side1_Neo_E-Cigarette_Infinity-1000x600.jpg
You would have to eliminate the batteries. Maybe a small refillable butane powered mod. I worked on this idea a while back. The end result was extremely painful. It would be good for people who want to blister their lungs.

Reactions: DavidOck

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
You would have to eliminate the batteries. Maybe a small refillable butane powered mod. I worked on this idea a while back. The end result was extremely painful. It would be good for people who want to blister their lungs.

Ultrasonic mist with post heat is the future and the future is now lol.

If you're into experimenting . . . MIST GENERATION TRANSDUCER - STEMINC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread