A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Have you checked the fb page for vvft? Last time I looked the guys were actively responding and might send you another screw. I'm waiting for their v2 that they have promised. We aren't the only ones wanting a rba for the nautilus.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Couldn't find them on FB, what did you search to find their page?

I was about to sell my Kabukis but if this RBA works well i may keep them just to have a P3 threaded tank.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Couldn't find them on FB, what did you search to find their page?

I was about to sell my Kabukis but if this RBA works well i may keep them just to have a P3 threaded tank.
I don't know. I may have followed a link I found googling for more info. Let me look again. I know there's been talk about v2 that's not out yet. A lot of people want this.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
A couple of question arise if you don't mind me asking:

- is that an authentic Kabuki or clone?
- no issues with the RBA screwing all the way down to the base and making good contact?
- what glass do you use in pic #3?
- so basically if the TFV4 glass will fit, there are no other worries fitting the RBA?
- what size is the deck airflow hole of the RBA?
- what material is the deck insulator made of?

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
A couple of question arise if you don't mind me asking:

- is that an authentic Kabuki or clone?
- no issues with the RBA screwing all the way down to the base and making good contact?
- what glass do you use in pic #3?
- so basically if the TFV4 glass will fit, there are no other worries fitting the RBA?
- what size is the deck airflow hole of the RBA?
- what material is the deck insulator made of?

- Authentic P3 version
- makes good contact, seals tight, but this is the P3 Kabuki base, it will not fit the 510 base that know of.
- $1.38 Replacement Glass Tank for Zephyrus Clearomizer - translucent at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping but I would pass and go for the TF4 mini glass (22mm x 26.5mm) which will be a better fit.
- Not with the P3 Kabuki
- 2mm. Also the bottom pin of the rba has four 2mm holes vs only two holes on the pins of the nautilus/triton mini
- not sure

As far as the ones I bought on Gearbest..... I dont know if they are authentic or clones, I assumed by the name description and picture they were the authentic VVTF rba, but for $5.50 apiece and China they could be clones.

Reactions: aikanae1

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@dsheik -- while not looking to use a RB atty in the Kabuki, I would be very interested to know if this FT glass you mentioned (the TF4 mini glass) fits well on the Kabuki in normal mode (as designed, using drop in coils). I'm not sure if yours has arrived yet, but if you don't mind, would you post an update?

Thank you!

Reactions: aikanae1

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
@dsheik -- while not looking to use a RB atty in the Kabuki, I would be very interested to know if this FT glass you mentioned (the TF4 mini glass) fits well on the Kabuki in normal mode (as designed, using drop in coils). I'm not sure if yours has arrived yet, but if you don't mind, would you post an update?

Thank you!

My fasttech order has not arrived but I found a US vendor that had them for $2.00 so I got it too and it arrived yesterday. The glass fits perfect.

Now for the only concern. For some reason the glass fit snug around on the top (chimney) part but was a little loose, not as snug as Id like on the base part. It wasnt much of an issue as I have 3 Kabuki's and I swapped bottom o rings from the 510 clone I have and now it fits perfect on both sides. Apparently there are slight differences in size in the o rings, but I do know I wasnt comfortable using the original bottom o ring that came on the P3 version. Its possible the top piece was from a clone to begin with as they all look the same and I could have swapped it accidentally in the past.

But yeah it fits the regular coils and the rba perfectly.
[
kab3.jpg kab1.jpg kab2.jpg

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I think Bedazzled Glass Tanks and Spectrum Tanks sell replacement glass for the kabuki. I wouldn't be surprised if Phinnac and IBTanked do as well. They'd know the sizes and whats compatible anyway.

I got a sweet surprise I think the other day. I don't know for sure yet because I haven't tried them. But while doing some online shopping I discovered Avid Vapers is carrying Cisco's modified custom, handmade nauty coils. They are modified so that all a person needs to do is drop in a precoiled and wicked wire very simple. The least amount of fuss or they can build from scratch. Next best thing to a working rba, imo. I'd think it'd work in the kabuki too.

That's what NatureVapes.UK did when Kanger first came out with duals. Those worked well.

I've heard the ones on Gear Best were clones. They aren't 1:1, as people discovered. It sounds like the clone might be an easier fit?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Bedazzle and Phiniac definitely have Kabuki glass, as I have a few. I believe you are correct on Spectrum and IBT as well.

The Phiniac tubes for the Kabuki are HoH original tubes, but with slight defects, which Phiniac simply designs over. There's nothing wrong with the tubes, but they might have a small blemish. The Phini designs are such that one would never see the flaw. And whatever "flaw" it might be would not affect performance at all.

Pukkita

Sep 3, 2015
In my quest for my "perfect" vaping, I tried for my first time a Velocity, setup w/ dual 2mm ID clapton 26/32 verticals (8 wraps, about 1ohm each), with inside wicking w/ rayon @ 40W.

Now I understand people liking RDAs and LH! Vapour has very different qualilties from MTL but is equally (if not more, specially with dessert type ejuices) enjoyable. Also has its proper, not that "intuitive" inhaling technique.

I fried an almost new nautilus coil (forgot to lower wattage when swapping the velocity for a nautilus and hitted it with 40W), and that was what I needed to start tinkering rebuilding stock nautilus coils.

Being as impressed with the performance of verticals w/ inside wicking on the Velocity, I thought why don't give it a shot... Outer "around the coil" wicking is a PITA as used on BVC rebuilding is not worth IMHO...

so I built one (AWG28, 2mm ID, 10 wraps for about 1ohm).

I want to share my ideas/procedure as there is people here much more experienced than me to coil rebuilding.

- Dissasembled an original coil completely (as per hawkeye's procedure)

- Broke one of the bottom tabs that sandwiches the wicking "blocking" the bottom feed holes, reassembling it so that it only covers one feed hole. Have yet to try but maybe breaking both is even better, maybe it will leak... though not in my test. This would only be needed the first time a coil is "reconditioned". The idea is to enhance juice flow and simplify wicking.

- Inserted the coil, no wicking protuding from the top, and generous wicking from below, well "fluffed". The idea is to position the coil higher than the original, just about 2-5mm from the cylinder top, and let "pure wick" to prevent leaking from the juice holes at the bottom.

Two things here: this rules out the Nautilus, as the chimney shorts with it unless the coil is positioned as stock, way, way lower. But I'm thinking on the Kabuki, where it shouldn't be a problem as the chimney is hollowed out from end to end, and the better airflow can compensate for the wicking change.

The second is positioning the coil so that it doesn't short with the coil cylinder walls, though it wasn't too difficult to prop it just by tinkering with the legs. A idea could be using the stock mesh, though I have yet to experience "spit back" with vertical coils it could help to keep it centered.

So far this was just a "tentative build", I will try it in the kabuki once empied (had just washed and filled it up with ejuice when noticed the nautilus short inside the chimney).

Last edited:

fiKnight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Calgary
www.mysticvapor.ca
This thread has been an interesting and informative read!

I’m a faithful Nautilus Mini user and after perusing all of this, I’m going to try the Triton Mini 1.8 and 1.2 coils in the Nauti. Mini. From most accounts, these coils are far superior to the Nautilus BVC's for flavor on mouth to lung hits. (I’m a dedicated mouth to lung flavor chaser)

I’m also very interested in trying the Triton Mini tank and the Kabuki tanks, but I'm not convinced that the taste on these would beat the Nautilus Mini. Are they truly far superior in terms of flavor production?

Thanks in advance for your input!

j17778

Nov 1, 2012
Scotland
Sorry, I don't know if this is the right thread but help would be appreciated. I recently purchased some BVC coils for my Mini Nautilus & was sent these

http://fruitecigs.co.uk/image/cache/data/aspire-bvc-coils-500x500.jpg

I noticed that the packaging was different & tonight when I finally opened them saw that they were smaller & weren't a really good fit for the mini nautilus (although they do fit albeit just). I'm thinking they are perhaps the wrong coils even though they vape fine. Are they safe to use?

They were purchased from ecig aspire site.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Sorry, I don't know if this is the right thread but help would be appreciated. I recently purchased some BVC coils for my Mini Nautilus & was sent these

http://fruitecigs.co.uk/image/cache/data/aspire-bvc-coils-500x500.jpg

I noticed that the packaging was different & tonight when I finally opened them saw that they were smaller & weren't a really good fit for the mini nautilus (although they do fit albeit just). I'm thinking they are perhaps the wrong coils even though they vape fine. Are they safe to use?

They were purchased from ecig aspire site.

These are not Nautilus coils; they are Aspire BVC coils that work with their other tanks.

Aspire Nautilus coils are clearly marked on the box:

aspire-nautilus-mini-clearomizer-coil-head-02.jpg

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I bought a pack of the triton mini clapton coils and my Kabuki did not like it. Also, one of my Nautilus tanks didnt either! And i cant recall which one is which, because i had one regular nautilus coil left and one of those tanks got it. Agh! I need to buy another pack and outfit all of my tanks to get a real feel for whats up.

sent from my Galaxy Note 5

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
I’m a faithful Nautilus Mini user and after perusing all of this, I’m going to try the Triton Mini 1.8 and 1.2 coils in the Nauti. Mini. From most accounts, these coils are far superior to the Nautilus BVC's for flavor on mouth to lung hits.
Far inferior if you ask me. The Clapton is super delicate and burns the cotton in no time if not very careful. The 1.2 Ohm head has too big of a coil diameter and so produces very little but very hot vapor if you don't take a very airy hit.

I’m also very interested in trying the Triton Mini tank and the Kabuki tanks, but I'm not convinced that the taste on these would beat the Nautilus Mini. Are they truly far superior in terms of flavor production?
Flavor wise the tank is secondary. Important is what's happening in the coil. I still consider both mentioned tanks an upgrade to the Naughty both in materials being used and features.

Should you really want the 1.2 Ohm TM heads to perform you will need to upgrade your tank as the airflow of the Naughty is too tight to get enough air on those coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread