A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
@rice721 No the nautilus/Triton MINI do. Triton uses the other..

@dsheik The VVTF rba can now be used in the P3 Kabuki with this glass with no other modifications needed.

Can the rba be used in the 510 Kabuki? and Is the RBA worth it now or should I wait for a V2?

Noted, thanks

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
@rice721 No the Nautilus/Triton MINI do. Triton uses the other..

@dsheik The VVTF RBA can now be used in the P3 Kabuki with this glass with no other modifications needed.

Can the RBA be used in the 510 Kabuki? and Is the RBA worth it now or should I wait for a V2?

No the RBA wont fit correctly in the 510 base. The RBA wont screw down all the way into the base. I think the base could be modified by trimming down the insulator surrounding the center pin BUT really I wouldnt bother.
You should just wait for the V2 and not possibly screw up your Kabuki base.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Billy - I appreciate the information on higher wattage batteries, however, the iTaste is a fairly recent purchase, and so far, I'm very pleased with it. The battery is a huge improvement over the Kanger Evod (and then on to a Vision Spinner) that I started with. I really like the wattage control. It's given me a much more flavorful vape, and I get well over a day's use out of a charge.

As to the Nautilus BVC coils, they've never given me reason to be disappointed. The improvement over the Kanger coil was immediately noticeable. I'm just wondering if there's another coil that could make the Nautilus Mini any better - not that it's necessarily in need of improvement, at all. So, my question remains... are there any coils, compatible with the Nautilus Mini, that are worth checking out - short of going the route of rebuilding my own.

I should add... Although I'm new here, I've been an active member of a few forums for quite some time. After reading through all 16 pages of this particular thread (and a few others, but not as extensively), I have to say that this is the most considerate and respectful forum community I've yet encountered. I understand that my question may push the boundary of going off topic. I you feel I should take my question to start another thread, I understand, and will do so.

I see no reason for you to start another thread, unless you really want to. All these questions and answers are still all pretty much related to the same thing. It's not like you have to be a pure Nautilus coil loyalist to post here on the thread. Conversations on these threads always lead to discussions of other things - just like conversations in real life. It's no biggie, at least to me. The other subjects that come up can be of interest too - at least to some of us.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
With my Kabuki clone, I burnt out two Nautilus coil heads in quick succession - until I realized the adjustable airflow screw had somehow screwed itself in enough to nearly choke-off airflow. I've now put thread lock on that screw as well (as I did with the adjustable 510 connection center pin), and readjusted it. I always thought that screw was a little loose feeling when adjusting it originally. I should have put thread lock on it back then. I just wanted the rest of you interested in a Kabuki (or Kabuki clone) to be aware that this can happen. At least for the Kabuki clones (I've no real experience with the actual original Kabuki), I'd recommend putting a little thread lock on both adjustable screws the tank has, adjust them where you want them - and then pretty much leave them alone most of the time. The non-clone Kabuki probably has tighter fitting screws, and so you may not have to worry as much about screws working in or out on their own - but I'm not sure I would bet on it.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I've never used the Kabuki klowns, so unfortunately, I can make no contrast to the authie. I can say, however, that the Kabukis I use (authies) have never needed any sort of lock or screw adjustments.
Interesting. I wonder if there was a bad batch. The insulator pushes out with the screw on the 510. I've read several people with this issue and mine existed long before the triton coils were tried. You don't have just p3 kabuki a I assume.

I don't hangout in the main kabuki thread inside the provari sub. My messages have gone unanswered. I'd assumed someone would have posted about it l, had a fix been released, in this thread. Do you know if there's a new insulator? It really just needs to have the sides removed and be made ever so slightly wider. I've attempted to find generic insulators and create my own but no luck.

Since I've had the p3 kabuki too I haven't tried the triton mini Claptons but reports of those not working with the p3 connector kabuki. Seems odd that they wouldn't given its a pass through and I know for fact the regular kanthal do.

It's a shame my initial exuberance for the coils didn't end up lasting past a couple months. I feel they're way better than the nautilus coils but to me in this day and age - not much isn't. I do understand the "if it ain't broke" mantra but I feel the overall Form factor and design with the minuscule cotton and size just can't really be made to taste good. Last. Wick a lot of different thickness et.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So for anyone who wants to try something new but doesn't want to spend money I'd like to offer an idea.

I have a spare Tron t tank and clr coils which rebuild easily - I'm willing to pass them around. The tank had cosmetic issues with paint so they replaced it. The clr coils I can build or you can.

We can get a list going. I feel most people who aren't quite satisfied with the nautilus or triton mini coils and like a flavorful dense mouth to lung vape would really enjoy the setup.

To be clear anyone signing up wouldn't be keeping the tank and coils. You'd try it so you don't have to spend money on an unknown. Then send t to the next person !

Obviously if you're in the camp of completely satisfied with nautilus coils you're not going to be interested. But for anyone on the fence. Tired of spending to be disappointed. Or wanting to try yet another setup. I really feel the clr coils are the answer most people looking for more than the nautilus offers have been looking for. You can throw the coils away or rebuild them like a mini rba. And a pack is $12.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Since last night I've read every post in this thread. KUDOS for such a fine thread and informative posts. Rarely will I read every single post but I did here. I don't use a nautilus or kabuki (lemo2&ego1mega) but the wife does. Thinking of getting her a kabuki as an upgrade to her beloved naughty. .
I am however very much interested in the clr heads. I am a mild lung hitter. Nothing lower than .5 for me and I don't inhale insanely deep. More like a natural breath type of DTL. type vaping.
So once again congrats on a very informative, well maintained and well behaved thread.--David

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Since last night I've read every post in this thread. KUDOS for such a fine thread and informative posts. Rarely will I read every single post but I did here. I don't use a nautilus or kabuki (lemo2&ego1mega) but the wife does. Thinking of getting her a kabuki as an upgrade to her beloved naughty. .
I am however very much interested in the clr heads. I am a mild lung hitter. Nothing lower than .5 for me and I don't inhale insanely deep. More like a natural breath type of DTL. type vaping.
So once again congrats on a very informative, well maintained and well behaved thread.--David
The clr heads are specific in that the 1 ohm and the .5 have different air hole sizes

If you like restricted lung hits then you may like the 1 ohm but most lung hitters will want the larger air intake and to adjust wih the device air control

You want to start the list ? If you're in the USA I can send you a Tron t and a couple of clr coils to try. Like I said the tank is blemished externally but it vapes as it should.

Pm me your address and promise to send it either back or to the next person who wants to try it and I'll get it out by the weekend :)

That said the ego mega tank is $13 and a pack of five clr are $11-12

If you've got $25-30 to spend then you may want to buy a new one. However I'm happy to send out.

When I send gear out its soaked in a sanitizing dish soap. Then soaked to clean residue. Then passed through an ultrasonic and I don't touch it by hand after the first step. Only gloves. I try to send stuff out clean and sanitized ready to vape. I'll Also build your first two coils if you want. One 1 ohm and one .5 with the various air flows. I can do a nickel one of you want to try temp control

Anyone else want to try the ego setup with clr heads? We can get a list started and start mailing it around. Figure a week or two for each person to try? I actually have two of the blemished tanks so if there's a ton of interest I can send two out in rotation.

Everything should fit inside a prepaid small priority box - which means labels can be printed online and lines / waiting missed out on. Cost for us to ship to each other is about $5.50 and takes 2-3 days to travel the country.

Anyway. Send me messages and I'll get a list started of those who wish to try it out so they don't waste money on a guess.

I really think most people will drastically prefer the clr setups - obviously if you love the nautilus coils and hadn't thought of changing it may not be for you.

Thanks for the positive thoughts on the thread. My whole goal now is to participate in the community and I hope on some level I can give back. I'm just about a year without touching an analog. Never thought that was possible before this. And while I vaped a long time before finally quitting (1.5 yr) it's he only way I ever could have finally stopped.

David if you're the only one who wants to try the clr setup as far as I'm concerned you don't have to send it back. Just keep it until someone else wants to try. If you like the setup and given the costs I'd imagine you'd want an unblemished setup but whatever. Doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Interesting. I wonder if there was a bad batch. The insulator pushes out with the screw on the 510. I've read several people with this issue and mine existed long before the triton coils were tried. You don't have just p3 kabuki a I assume.

I don't hangout in the main kabuki thread inside the provari sub. My messages have gone unanswered. I'd assumed someone would have posted about it l, had a fix been released, in this thread. Do you know if there's a new insulator? It really just needs to have the sides removed and be made ever so slightly wider. I've attempted to find generic insulators and create my own but no luck.

Since I've had the p3 kabuki too I haven't tried the triton mini Claptons but reports of those not working with the p3 connector kabuki. Seems odd that they wouldn't given its a pass through and I know for fact the regular kanthal do.

It's a shame my initial exuberance for the coils didn't end up lasting past a couple months. I feel they're way better than the nautilus coils but to me in this day and age - not much isn't. I do understand the "if it ain't broke" mantra but I feel the overall Form factor and design with the minuscule cotton and size just can't really be made to taste good. Last. Wick a lot of different thickness et.

No h00ligan, I have only the 510 Kabuki, so I can't really speak to any probs with the P3s.

Every thread on ECF is pretty much like any other, and I do believe if you ask a question in a Provari thread, someone would be helpful if they had the information you desire. There are a lot of people and a lot of posts, and to be honest, I don't have the time and wherewithal to read each one, but I would (were I you) give it a go and ask. I'm not aware of a new insulator, sorry.

Your offer to pass around the Tron t tank and clr coils is admirable and generous! I know we did this in a large group quite some time ago with the Sabot coils for the Billet Box, and it was a positive adventure. I hope yours is as well. :)

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I really like that mini volt Kabuki combo. Is the 510 spring loaded on that?
You should keep the P3 and Kabuki. VVTF is coming out with a v2 RBA that will work with the Kabuki. While I only have the original version I really like it with the Kabuki.

Ive pretty much moved on from the Triton mini/Nautilus BVC coils.
I found the Triton mini coils basically unusable in the Nautilus.
I had better success with them in the Kabuki, but I was still disappointed in the life span. The 1.8 claptons probaly worked the best for me but not good enough to get regular use, plus did I mention they just didnt last long enough.

Its hard to get into those coils when there are better options. You mentioned the clr coils. Ive never used one of those tanks but I will keep an eye out. I ended up using the Sub tank mini (RBA) over finishing up the triton mini coils while waiting for better options to use in my rotation. It did the job but isnt really a great MTL option.

I do have two of those VVTF V1 RBA coils going now. One in the P3 Kabuki and one in the mini Nautilus both at 1 ohm. While they may not be up to the level of quality RBAs out there they greatly outperform any of the the replaceable options for these tanks. But this thread was really about replaceable coils for the Nautilus/Kabuki/Triton mini.
Maybe someone here has had success with the Nautilus cisco spec coils?
2 Cubis tanks here & don't have nowhere near the issues some people seem to have with theirs.

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
2 Cubis tanks here & don't have nowhere near the issues some people seem to have with theirs.

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!
Tell me more about your thoughts on the cubis tanks. I saw them at my local vape shop the other day and I was intrigued.

sent from my Galaxy Note 5

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Tell me more about your thoughts on the cubis tanks. I saw them at my local vape shop the other day and I was intrigued.

sent from my Galaxy Note 5
LOL!!! I just provided this in another thread....here ya go.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
The clr heads are specific in that the 1 ohm and the .5 have different air hole sizes

If you like restricted lung hits then you may like the 1 ohm but most lung hitters will want the larger air intake and to adjust wih the device air control

You want to start the list ? If you're in the USA I can send you a Tron t and a couple of clr coils to try. Like I said the tank is blemished externally but it vapes as it should.

Pm me your address and promise to send it either back or to the next person who wants to try it and I'll get it out by the weekend :)

That said the ego mega tank is $13 and a pack of five clr are $11-12

If you've got $25-30 to spend then you may want to buy a new one. However I'm happy to send out.

When I send gear out its soaked in a sanitizing dish soap. Then soaked to clean residue. Then passed through an ultrasonic and I don't touch it by hand after the first step. Only gloves. I try to send stuff out clean and sanitized ready to vape. I'll Also build your first two coils if you want. One 1 ohm and one .5 with the various air flows. I can do a nickel one of you want to try temp control

Anyone else want to try the ego setup with clr heads? We can get a list started and start mailing it around. Figure a week or two for each person to try? I actually have two of the blemished tanks so if there's a ton of interest I can send two out in rotation.

Everything should fit inside a prepaid small priority box - which means labels can be printed online and lines / waiting missed out on. Cost for us to ship to each other is about $5.50 and takes 2-3 days to travel the country.

Anyway. Send me messages and I'll get a list started of those who wish to try it out so they don't waste money on a guess.

I really think most people will drastically prefer the clr setups - obviously if you love the nautilus coils and hadn't thought of changing it may not be for you.

Thanks for the positive thoughts on the thread. My whole goal now is to participate in the community and I hope on some level I can give back. I'm just about a year without touching an analog. Never thought that was possible before this. And while I vaped a long time before finally quitting (1.5 yr) it's he only way I ever could have finally stopped.

David if you're the only one who wants to try the clr setup as far as I'm concerned you don't have to send it back. Just keep it until someone else wants to try. If you like the setup and given the costs I'd imagine you'd want an unblemished setup but whatever. Doesn't matter to me.
That's very kind of you and I really am appreciative of the offer but I already have an Ego one mega tank in my collection. I've been using it in TC mode with a TI pre made coil in it. The pre made is decent and has a nice airy draw to it but I made the mistake (??) Of wicking up my old lemo2 with some TI and that's when I really noticed how inferior the ego one Mega titanium coils were flavor wise.
Ignorance is bliss they say .... once the curtain is pulled back it's hard to pretend that you still believe in the illusion. That's what brings me to the CLR coils. I am a firm believer in the idea that a single horizontal coil produces the best flavor and the CLR coils are built around that horizontal single coil premise. But in all honesty I feel I would be taking advantage of you and quiet possibly being a complete waste of time if you just sent me a few CLR coils.
I may have to break down and buy A5 pack online and try them out. I've heard too many people talk about the CLR coils for them to be an inferior product. Multiple People don't brag on inferior products, unless they're just shills..which is exposed fairly quickly. Many trusted Vets on ECF and smaller boards also have raved about these little rebuildable horizontal coils and om excited to try them out.
Even though I don't feel it would be fair for you too send out such a small and inexpensive item(Shipping would be as much or more than the enclosed heads lol) I still may call upon your expertise when I procure a few CLR heads myself. I'm sure you probably know a handful of tricks and tips and in my opinion there's no need to reinvent the wheel. I have no problem asking for someone to share their knowledge. I'm after a satisfying Vape not a bigger ego :)
Again, thank you so much for the offer. I was very impressed with your generosity. Sorry for the slight delay getting back to you. Real life is a beach sometimes :)
Regards- David

fiKnight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Calgary
www.mysticvapor.ca
Has anyone tried these Nautilus coils yet?

Aspire Nautilus Cisco Spec HH Replacement Coils

"These modified coils are NOT disposable, the coil is easily removed (without dumping the liquid) this allows for easy cleaning, which will further lengthen the life of the coil."

A "non-disposable coil with improved airflow and wicking" for the Nautilus sounds too good to be true. Whaddyathink, just another gimmick?

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Has anyone tried these Nautilus coils yet?

Aspire Nautilus Cisco Spec HH Replacement Coils

"These modified coils are NOT disposable, the coil is easily removed (without dumping the liquid) this allows for easy cleaning, which will further lengthen the life of the coil."

A "non-disposable coil with improved airflow and wicking" for the Nautilus sounds too good to be true. Whaddyathink, just another gimmick?
Cisco Spec has in the past always been the top of the food chain so I don't think this is a gimmick.

Reactions: Katdarling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread