A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016
^^^ I guess the confusion and huge choice comes from different companies making these clones.

The one in the brown tube packaging SKU3870800 is said to have better machining and finishing but who knows.

Im also getting the base section as I really want to try this with the triton mini 1.2 ohm coils.

BTW, they say that the replacement glass of a 5ml Aspire cleito will fit this clone perfectly, taking the capacity to 5ml….i saw some pictures but that glass looks just bizarre…like it has inflated and ready to explode…lol.

I also don't know if the 304 clones are better than 316 (316 costs more). Ive read 316 steel has anti corrosion in marine industries but my Kanger top tank mini is made of 304 and looks solid.

On another note, I wonder if the spare base section for the clone will sit tightly with the Aspire Nautilus glass tank? I had a cheeky plan of getting a Nautilus SS Mesh Replacement tank ($7) and if the Kabuki clone base section fits it, that will give me a fairly decent tank for $12. Hard to beat that.

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I just tried out my Kabuki clone replacement base from FT. It works with Triton Mini coil heads. Threading is a little tight, but not an issue, though I did cut a finger very slightly while screwing the new base in. Visually the replacement base looks fine, but the SS is a tiny bit darker than rest of the older tank. I had to tighten the adjustable 510 connection to get it to work. No problem there. That's what it's for. I'm still breaking in the 1.8 ohm Clapton coil, but it's running just fine for what it is.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Which Kabuki clone do i need to use with the clapton coils?

As far as I know, and from the two (2) different (albeit the same) Kabuki clones I have, none. In "stock" form none of them will take the Triton Mini coil heads. Instead, you have to order the Kabuki (clone) replacement base, which has been modified to allow the use of Triton Mini coils, as well as regular Nautilus coils. It is inexpensive. That replacement base plus a Kabuki clone tank could still add up to less than $20 for both combined. Or a little over that, depending on which Kabuki clone tank you select. I've used the cheaper ones and had no significant issues with them. The replacement base is working well so far for me with a Triton Mini coil head, though I'm not a huge fan of the Triton Mini coils over just a regular Nautilus coil. The Triton Mini 1.8 ohm Clapton does seem to be running better so far in my Kabuki clone compared to my previous experience with that coil head in my Nautilus Minis.

Reactions: Rudeboy615

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I finally received an eLeaf iStick Pico 75W TC mini box mod the other day that I had ordered from FT awhile back. I was so impressed with it that I ordered a 2nd one the day after I received the 1st one. I haven't done that in a long time. I got a silicone sleeve with the 1st one, and both work very well together. It is the shortest 18650 battery using device I've ever owned (being only about the equivalent of a 1/4" taller than my 800mah 25W Vamo box mod). It isn't quite the lightest 18650 using device I've ever handled, but it is close. I bought a zebra wood regulated TC box mod for my daughter sometime ago that was crazy lightweight, but also felt rather cheap and fragile.. My new to vaping daughter and her husband are still using that zebra wood box mod for sub ohm vaping after several months, so it apparently functions well and hasn't failed them yet - though its buttons always rattled way more than I cared for.

Battery replacement is pretty easy on the iStick Pico. Unlike with my IPV D2, the silicone sleeve does not have to be removed for that, so the sleeve can stay on all the time. I really like that. The up and down buttons being placed on the bottom of the device is a slight annoyance, but I am getting used to it. I still wish the mini/micro (whichever it is) USB charging/firmware update port had been placed on the bottom instead, as I hardly ever use those ports on a device that takes easily replaceable batteries. No one seems to like that charging port being on the bottom of their devices for some reason (despite how little most us probably use those things), so it being mounted on the side somewhere is all the rage nowadays. I find that lame, but not a big deal either.

In some ways the placement of the "+" and "-" buttons on the bottom is kind of cool - if you are into your device looking "cool". Well, I have to admit, the device does look pretty cool, but it has nothing to do with where the function buttons are placed. Okay, that placement does help give the iStick Pico a sleeker appearance, so maybe it does help, a little. Moving on...

The device powers on very quickly. 5-clicks and it is on right away, without any delay - unlike with most of my other devices that need to "think" for a few seconds before they will actually work for me after turning the damn things on. That "instant on" feature is pretty nice. I really like it and expect we will being seeing more of it on new devices soon. Honestly, I wouldn't mind just a simple on/off switch instead, but whatever. All the buttons have a nice click to them, but not overly so. They feel just just about right, with no rattle. The power button feels much better than I had previously expected it to based on its appearance in online pictures. The build quality of everything on this device looks, functions and feels great. No complaints there. My SS and my black Kabuki clones both match up very nicely with the black silicone sleeved iStick Pico. I think the stainless steel Kabuki with black o-rings and black drip tip looks a little better on it. I suppose it just depends on my mood which look I prefer, so I'm glad I have both Kabukis. My Nautilus Minis are now collecting dust in a drawer with my old iClear 16s. I still use my IPV D2 everyday though - at least until the 2nd iStick Pico arrives in the mail.

I've not used the TC feature of the iStick Pico, and probably never will. Other reviewers seem to be pretty happy with how well that part of the device runs, so I am assuming it is probably very good (accurate?) if you are into temp control. I just use the iStick Pico in straight power mode. For that, I wish I could adjust power in volts, as well as in watts, but none of these modern box mod manufacturers seem interested in giving you the option to do that anymore. Too bad, but that's just the way things are, just like with where they keep putting the damn charge port on these things - even though we hardly ever use the charge port, since we can just switch out the battery instead. Oh well, none of these devices is perfect, but I really like the iStick Pico 75W TC mini box mod anyway. I like it even more than I was expecting (or hoping?) to like it, so I guess that is high praise coming from me. It's a really nice, functional match to a Kabuki tank. I should probably throw a Nautilus Mini on and see how that looks, but why bother?

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
C'mon Billy, the nautilus is very decent. I was very tempted to get a kabuki after reading y'alls comments but I'm done with replaceable coils. Tried rebuilding the nautilus and Triton mini coils but its inconsistent and I get some burned rubber rings from hot leg. Gonna get a Kayfun v3 plus from fasttech and maybe a clone tilemahos v2.
$18.44 Kayfun Mini V3 Plus Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (Kayfun Mini V3 Plus, SS + Glass, Silver) at m.FastTech.com

Yes, the Nautilus Mini is still an okay MTL tank. I just think once someone goes Kabuki they will never want to go back to a Nautilus.

I haven't had so much trouble with factory coil heads that I want to just completely give up on them. I feel more that way about building my own coil and wick setup. Too much trouble, but I may have to go that route anyway, so I want to be prepared with a good RTA or two.

The Kayfun Mini V3 looks to be a pretty good RTA. I just wish it held more than 2ml of juice given its size. I'm not familiar with the Tilemahos V2 or its clones. I'll have to check that out. Do they have those clones on FT?

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I'm not having trouble with the pre made coils, just can't afford two or more a week... The Kayfun v3 link I posted is for a plus sized clone of the mini, 24mm base, shorter than mini, 3.5ml capacity. The tilemahos is cloned at fasttech. Seen review by pbusardo...

The 24mm base diameter of the Kayfun Mini V3 Plus is too big to fit on my iStick Pico, so it wouldn't be a good option for me now, but it looks like a cool option for others looking at the Kayfun Mini V3 that want more juice capacity. The Tilemahos V2 clones looks interesting, though I'm not a fan of the fogged poly-carbonate tank, and reviews are mixed on the build quality of the clones.

I hear what you are saying regarding how few days average factory coil heads seem to last, and how much that starts to cost over time. I can never get them to last as long as other people say they do. My chain vaping regularly probably has something to do with that. I basically just try to be buy coil heads in enough bulk, at a good enough discount, with free shipping when I can, so that the per coil head cost turns out to be not too bad.

Doing it that way, each replacement coil head ends up costing about $1.75, instead of $2 to $2.50 - which can add up to a couple of bucks a week in savings, just depending on the week. Saving all that is a good reason to switch to building your own, and making your own juice too. Actually, if I made my own e-liquid I would probably save more money than I would in building my own coils.

The thing is, for me at least, all that building and mixing takes time I just don't have on a regular basis. So, unless I am forced to by regulatory circumstances, I'd prefer not to go the DIY route on a regular basis. It's fun to play around with once and awhile, but it could become a real hassle if my day-to-day vaping were to depend on it. So I just have to do my due diligence when shopping for vape supplies, making the most of of holiday sales, two-for-one sales, etc. I still save enough that my vaping costs me less than my smoking did years ago.

I just bought a bunch of non-Aspire 1.8 ohm regular Nautilus coils from FT (listed there as "Kabuki" coils). They were about $8-something for a 5-pack, with free shipping of course. The maker themselves have received good reviews over stock coils, including Aspire's, but I've seen no reviews as to their Nautilus coils. I'm taking a bit of a chance there, but that's how it goes sometimes. I'll report back how well they turn out after I've tried them for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida
The 24mm base diameter of the Kayfun Mini V3 Plus is too big to fit on my iStick Pico, so it wouldn't be a good option for me now, but it looks like a cool option for others looking at the Kayfun Mini V3 that want more juice capacity. The Tilemahos V2 clones looks interesting, though I'm not a fan of the fogged poly-carbonate tank, and reviews are mixed on the build quality of the clones.

I hear what you are saying regarding how few days average factory coil heads seem to last, and how much that starts to cost over time. I can never get them to last as long as other people say they do. My chain vaping regularly probably has something to do with that. I basically just try to be buy coil heads in enough bulk, at a good enough discount, with free shipping when I can, so that the per coil head cost turns out to be not too bad.

Doing it that way, each replacement coil head ends up costing about $1.75, instead of $2 to $2.50 - which can add up to a couple of bucks a week in savings, just depending on the week. Saving all that is a good reason to switch to building your own, and making your own juice too. Actually, if I made my own e-liquid I would probably save more money than I would in building my own coils.

The thing is, for me at least, all that building and mixing takes time I just don't have on a regular basis. So, unless I am forced to by regulatory circumstances, I'd prefer not to go the DIY route on a regular basis. It's fun to play around with once and awhile, but it could become a real hassle if my day-to-day vaping were to depend on it. So I just have to do my due diligence when shopping for vape supplies, making the most of of holiday sales, two-for-one sales, etc. I still save enough that my vaping costs me less than my smoking did years ago.

I just bought a bunch of non-Aspire 1.8 ohm regular Nautilus coils from FT (listed there as "Kabuki" coils). They were about $8-something for a 5-pack, with free shipping of course. The maker themselves have received good reviews over stock coils, including Aspire's, but I've seen no reviews as to their Nautilus coils. I'm taking a bit of a chance there, but that's how it goes sometimes. I'll report back how well they turn out after I've tried them for awhile.
Yeah let us know how you like those ft coils. I buy mine from local bm since I don't have a bank account $5 a piece $20 for four... sometimes I get 15ml out of one coil but mostly three or four tanks. I should get some online with a friend's card. Check out $20.88 Kayfun V3 Plus 1.5 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (Kayfun V3 Plus 1.5, 316 SS + Glass, Silver) at m.FastTech.com
22.5mm, only difference is 3.2ml capacity and different looking juice fill screw. There is a thread here on ecf on kfmv3 with good tips on potential issues with these clones.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yeah let us know how you like those ft coils. I buy mine from local bm since I don't have a bank account $5 a piece $20 for four... sometimes I get 15ml out of one coil but mostly three or four tanks. I should get some online with a friend's card. Check out $20.88 Kayfun V3 Plus 1.5 Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (Kayfun V3 Plus 1.5, 316 SS + Glass, Silver) at m.FastTech.com
22.5mm, only difference is 3.2ml capacity and different looking juice fill screw. There is a thread here on ecf on kfmv3 with good tips on potential issues with these clones.

Wow, okay, that looks like a possibility. It looks a lot like a Kayfun Mini V3, but juice fill screw? Doesn't it top fill? I thought the Kayfun Mini V3 was top fill, or is it just a more regular bottom fill type of tank? Now I'm getting confused by all these Kayfun versions out there. Apparently I need to do more research. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, buying vape gear at a local store is gonna cost you about twice as much dough (or even more) as you'd pay online. I get my juices at about $40 to $45 for a 120ml bottle (for some pretty good juices), and pay $2 or less per coil head online - less when buying in greater bulk. 2-for-1 sales are not uncommon over any holiday weekend as well (at least at some places), though there is usually a limit of 2 when taking advantage of those sales. 15-20% off instead is not unusual during a holiday sale, and it sometimes seems like every other weekend is a holiday of some kind. Of course, unlike with FT, shipping is not typically free, unless you buy a lot of stuff from one supplier. Depending on where you buy it may not amount to much anyway, but sometimes you have to shop around to see who has the best combo of product and shipping prices. Some places maybe only charge about $2, but others charge $5 or more. If you subscribe to an online supplier's newsletter they will send out regular announcements of when they are having a sale or other deals. Subscribe to several website newsletters and you will be kept well informed about what's going on. Then you can start weeding out the online suppliers that really don't have very good deals, so your inbox isn't flooded everyday with promotions.

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida
Yeah they are top fill, I meant the top fill cap/screw looks different on the v1.5 clone. Only thing I don't like is the airflow adjustment where you have to remove 510 screw to get to it. It can be a plus since it stays in place and most people use one setting but throughout the day I change from tight to more airy quite a bit.

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida
Thanks for the online buying tips! I would need to get a few different e liquids from the cheaper companies to try. I have a hard time liking the liquids I try at the local bm. I'll try lots and only like a couple, than i get home and realise I don't actually like it, that's why I worry if I shop online I might not like any of it. I also have a hard time with vapor's tongue, after a bottle or two it won't taste the same so I have to rotate my juices. Sugar drizzle from cuttwood will give me one or two tanks before it starts tasting bland even with new coil. I did like one flavor from MBV, a friend's dyi vanilla butternut, so I might try some variety. I called some local bm looking for Kayfun clones and found a v4 for $50 :facepalm: definitely need to shop online. Btw been getting better results rebuilding nautilus heads using horizontal coils. Quicker to build, can dry burn inside head and rewick, no hot legs (I hope), even air flow is ok. Same for Triton v2 1.8 heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yeah they are top fill, I meant the top fill cap/screw looks different on the v1.5 clone. Only thing I don't like is the airflow adjustment where you have to remove 510 screw to get to it. It can be a plus since it stays in place and most people use one setting but throughout the day I change from tight to more airy quite a bit.

Thank goodness for top fill. Yeah, that airflow adjustment is a pain if you adjust regularly. I don't typically adjust much, but getting it just right even the first time around would be a bit of a hassle. I'd go for the V5 version with the AFC ring on the outside, but it is pretty tall compared to the V3, and doesn't seem to do as well for MTL style vaping - though they are supposedly working on a fix for that. You can apparently MTL or DTL with the V5, which is why (as usually ends up being the case with multi-purpose tanks) the MTL vape apparently suffers compared to the V3's performance.

Thanks for the online buying tips! I would need to get a few different e liquids from the cheaper companies to try. I have a hard time liking the liquids I try at the local bm. I'll try lots and only like a couple, than i get home and realise I don't actually like it, that's why I worry if I shop online I might not like any of it. I also have a hard time with vapor's tongue, after a bottle or two it won't taste the same so I have to rotate my juices. Sugar drizzle from cuttwood will give me one or two tanks before it starts tasting bland even with new coil. I did like one flavor from MBV, a friend's dyi vanilla butternut, so I might try some variety. I called some local bm looking for Kayfun clones and found a v4 for $50 :facepalm: definitely need to shop online. Btw been getting better results rebuilding nautilus heads using horizontal coils. Quicker to build, can dry burn inside head and rewick, no hot legs (I hope), even air flow is ok. Same for Triton v2 1.8 heads.

I've never rebuilt Nautilus coils, though I know people have done so successfully with good results. It just seems like too much of a pain to me to bother with compared to rebuilding on an RTA - which I think is enough of a pain anyway. I try to keep my frustrations in life to a minimum. Of course, I'm a pretty lazy vaper (which you've probably already noticed, I'm sure), so I like to keep things simple.

I was reading an older review of the Triton Mini recently. I thought it was funny how the reviewer thought it was a terrible tank because it was only good for MTL vaping. In the reviewer's opinion nobody does MTL anymore, and if they still do they will quickly be moving on to DTL, so Aspire had apparently really screwed up by introducing the Triton Mini. I had to chuckle at that. It made me want to try out a Triton Mini. When I shop around I find a few prices close to $20 or so. I was surprised to see that Nautilus Minis have been discontinued on FT.

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida
After watching pbusardo's review of the Kayfun 5, I had kinda dismissed it for mtl. I assumed the mtl fix would be in the size of the adjustable air holes leaving the air shaft at 3mm, but it appears the fix is in the size of the air shaft itself. (Parts available at svoemesto's shop website )Lately I've been trying to figure out what is most important for a good mtl tank.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Looks like a Kabuki!

Looks more like a goblin mini :)

Parody I've been gone from the thread (if anyone asked me anything or noticed) recovery has gone very poorly and then my ten year partneR decided she'd had enough a few months after the second spine surgery. So ive been struggling a bit lately.

I've gone to squonking almost exclusively now instead if ore made coils anymore. I do use the triton mini nickel coils (only ones that really last) and am still trying the triton 1.8 (generic coils have been awful, authentic I need more Time with)

I still prefer the clr coils. But I can't rebuild them right now.

The squonking setups I'm using aren't too big. Ten ml of juice and I don't have to recoil or even wick very often with the mark bugs chalice iii tanks. I don't know why it burns so clean but it's remarkable. I could easily go a month or more if I stick to the same juice in each squonker.

I'll go catch up on the thread. I'm anxious to read nautilus x reviews. A lot of mouth to Kung stuff coming out. My opinion is it's because they can get them classified as old technology. But it's nice to see an influx.

Hope you all are well.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
After watching pbusardo's review of the Kayfun 5, I had kinda dismissed it for mtl. I assumed the mtl fix would be in the size of the adjustable air holes leaving the air shaft at 3mm, but it appears the fix is in the size of the air shaft itself. (Parts available at svoemesto's shop website )Lately I've been trying to figure out what is most important for a good mtl tank.

Nothing bigger than 2mm for the center bore imo. I bought tubing like tai fun gt2 has to reduce some tanks with bigger center holes like the heron v2 and it increases density drastically.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Looks more like a goblin mini :)

Parody I've been gone from the thread (if anyone asked me anything or noticed) recovery has gone very poorly and then my ten year partneR decided she'd had enough a few months after the second spine surgery. So ive been struggling a bit lately.

I've gone to squonking almost exclusively now instead if ore made coils anymore. I do use the triton mini nickel coils (only ones that really last) and am still trying the triton 1.8 (generic coils have been awful, authentic I need more Time with)

I still prefer the clr coils. But I can't rebuild them right now.

The squonking setups I'm using aren't too big. Ten ml of juice and I don't have to recoil or even wick very often with the mark bugs chalice iii tanks. I don't know why it burns so clean but it's remarkable. I could easily go a month or more if I stick to the same juice in each squonker.

I'll go catch up on the thread. I'm anxious to read nautilus x reviews. A lot of mouth to Kung stuff coming out. My opinion is it's because they can get them classified as old technology. But it's nice to see an influx.

Hope you all are well.

I think we are mostly doing okay. We are all concerned to one degree or another over this FDA business.

Glad to see you back. I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles. Life can be very, very hard sometimes. Just keep pushing through all the bad stuff, and letting go of unnecessary mental baggage as best you can while you're at it.

Eventually things will get better. More easily said than done, I know. In my experience, pushing through what you can, and letting go of what you can't control anyway, that will eventually get you to an okay place. The letting go of what you can't control anyway part is usually the hardest.

It mainly just takes some time. A lot of things get better with time. Kind of like how steeping over time eventually improves most any e-liquid - even the ones that really suck.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I got my Triton mini with my Pico and do like it. The top fill is nice and I'm getting nice flavor from it using the Clapton it came with. I also got a Cerotank 2, which is a nice little tank using Aspire BVCs, but not the Nauti BVC. Both though are small. I also have a Kabuki coming from FT, but that's on the small side too.

The only larger volume I have in in my Plato at ~4.5 ml with the 1.8 ohm BVC (the 0.4 ohm for it takes up a lot more room with it's own chimney reducing it to ~3 ml). I'd like to find a larger tank for MTL that would still use my Nauti BVCs for simplicity. I know I could go for the full size Nautilus, but I saw the Silo, which is essentially a reworked Nautilus that just looks nicer. OTOH, I could get another tank that uses a different stock coil if it was really good for MTL, but can't really think of any. Any suggestions for a larger tank for tootling?

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm curious about those kabuki coils at FT and surprised there's no comments or reviews. I'm looking for a good place to buy the reg coils. So far 3FVape seems to be the best but they never seem to allow more than 1 or 2 packs at a time. I haven't tried the clone coils.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread