A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Also, one thing to keep in mind is that any coil can be rebuilt. You don't have to have an rta to rebuild, you can rebuild the standard Nauti coils, etc.

Ego One CLRs make it even easier being built for that specific purpose.
I have 2 ego one clearo's and 2 packs of clr's in my stash. I've also got GS airs because they were "easy". Then there's subtanks. The list doesn't stop there. The FDA sux.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
There's a 1.8 coil for the nautilus x now.

Interesting, I just looked into it- sounds like going forward the X will ship with 1.8 as the standard too.

I'd love to hear someone's take on it compared to the 1.5 which many aren't really feeling. It sounds like they tightened up the draw on the 1.8 too, so it could be a nice improvement.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
No I didn't know. Is it backwards compatable? That's about the only reason I'd add to my stash now. So I think.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
No it's not compatible with Nauti tanks.

Good news is that Aspire is continuing with the Nauti BVC coils via their new K3 tank, so shows commitment to a great coil.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Since my last post I've actually ignored all those tanks mentioned since I am not a fan of ordering from abroad even though I was very interested in trying one of them out. I'd much rather the money go to a local supplier and if I can help it I'd prefer something genuine. I went out and bought an Augvapes Merlin RTA from a local shop. For me it seems to do well both for MTL and DL since that little adapter can change the flow from 3.5mm to 2.5mm and it really works well and isn't a copout that claims to do both MTL and DL well it actually performs on both accounts very well. I think it's a great versatile RTA especially for those who prefer single coil builds even though it can do dual coils. Possibly buy of the year for me.

Check around. There are many resellers for a lot of them. Thanks for the info on the Merlin. I'm not familiar with it or if it's Carried locally. Pretty soon there won't be options for local buying so I've just stuck with online. Plus my local vendors are just unreasonable. I'll look into your tank.

The provari stuff is made in the USA. And a satisfaction guarantee. Kayfun is purchased through a relatively wide vendor network. Unfortunately the USA very few mouth to ling so a lot of these are much more available in europe.

I agree authentics are the way to go now. Especially with the vapepocalypse. The upside is that if you try and don't like selling on returns most money.

Good luck. I'll check the Merlin. I'll have am to see what price range it is and if it's not local to me I'll have to check some reviews from outside the forum trusted sources. I've got a few friends met here that vape just like me and we share appreciation for the same stuff.

The mainstream Chinese stuff is available basically everywhere. I am trying to only buy from companies who put money into advocacy from now on. That list is very small.

Reactions: Eskie

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I have a bunch of rayon for wicking, but stopped building my own a long time ago. I never got around to using the rayon. Which brings to mind something I'm rather curious about....

As far as I know, people still use rayon a lot in their own builds, but are there any factory prebuilt coil heads that use rayon for wick? I mean, yeah, I know organic cotton is all the rage still, apparently, but why not use rayon for that purpose? It seems like it would be well suited.

Certainly not everyone should be using rayon, or would want it, but you'd think at least a few factory built coil heads would have it as an option. We've got ceramic coils now, apparently, in some coil heads out there. Not ceramic wick, but actually ceramic coil, supposedly, so why not a few rayon wicked coil heads?

It just makes no sense to me. Rayon has generally better wicking properties than cotton, and delivers flavor fairly well in its own way, plus it has a higher burn temp than cotton (though not by all that many degrees). Occasional factory use of it would seem a no brainer. Would it be some kind of health concern, real or perceived, that is preventing rayon use in factory prebuilt coil heads?

I know that inhaling burning rayon isn't good for you, but neither is inhaling burning cotton, or all kinds of other burning things. The point in using rayon would be that it's combination of good wicking properties and higher burn temp would mean you would be getting fewer dry hits, if any.

If and when I rebuild again, I will be using rayon at least some of the time. Especially since my wicking skills with cotton always kind of sucked.

Try cotton bacon or native wicks platinum. The bags last for months so while it seems like you don't get much. You do.

I find the absorbency to be on par or better than rayon and cotton bacon can be thick wicked like rayon. I split between rayon cotton bacon native wicks platinum. For picky tanks native wicks works the best. Drippers and bigger wicks I prefer cotton bacon. And rayon for me is a very specialized thing. Only one tank. I honk if you try some of those you'll see rayon doesn't wick any better. It doesn't actually wick much different than kgd. I do think it offers a different flavor profile. That's why I use it some of the time. But I spent a long time denouncing specialized cotton products. Now , while I'm aware it's rebranded cotton from some other application, I find cotton bacon and a native wicks both surpass the wicking ability of Sally's beauty rayon and one rayon I tried from Amazon.

If I had to chose one I'd probably say native wicks gets the edge. One six inch cut will wick something like 7 2.5mm coils. It's so fluffy

Angela I was very against things like cotton bacon and native wicks. I gave in on a few of them. Some weren't good but those two wound up outperforming anything I'd tried. If you like thick wicking with rayon then cotton bacon is a good choice. You can wick it exactly like you wick rayon and you'll find it absorbs more faster than rayon. At least I did. I do still use rayon but not as much anymore.

You don't get s lifetime supply for $12 but a bag lasts me three months of that's all I use. And I am putting it in 10 devices. A bag of each and some rayon would
Be a year easily. I think you may find each product has a use for various devices. No one is better than all in everything. Neither cotton bacon or native wicks platinum have any real break in taste. Cotton bacon recovers from accidental dry burns slightly better probably. Honestly I felt cotton bacon even felt like rayon to the touch.

Anyway. Wick is cheap enough to try a bunch. Why not. I think rayon won't be used in mass produced coils because of disinformation as you rightly stated. Silica was phased it for the same thing. The old evod coils with silica are way better than the cotton version.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Good luck. I'll check the Merlin. I'll have am to see what price range it is and if it's not local to me I'll have to check some reviews from outside the forum trusted sources. I've got a few friends met here that vape just like me and we share appreciation for the same stuff.

The only two US based dealers I'm aware of online stocking the Merlin are eciggity and subtank supply. I've gotten a Merlin from each. I believe FT is also selling them as well, but it's the long delivery time, without all that much of savings as they are selling the authentic. I've been very happy with mine for single coil MTL use. I did replace the chuff drip tip with a narrower bore drip tip and the draw feels better for my preference.

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
The only two US based dealers I'm aware of online stocking the Merlin are eciggity and subtank supply. I've gotten a Merlin from each. I believe FT is also selling them as well, but it's the long delivery time, without all that much of savings as they are selling the authentic. I've been very happy with mine for single coil MTL use. I did replace the chuff drip tip with a narrower bore drip tip and the draw feels better for my preference.

Can you compare the vape to anything else in your experience ? going to check it it now. I have particular requirements. There are things I know ruin the experience for me. Like a central air feed greater than 2mm. Doesn't matter how big the outside feed is sinking as the center is 2mm or less. Otherwise density suffers greatly for mouth to lung. * other things like how the air comes in and chamber size can affect things greatly too. I like to have all the measurements. Do you know what the diameter of the central air feed is on that unit? I'd be interested to know what you think could be improved on it as well.

*I did buy some tubing to convert 3mm to 2mm. The way taifun gt2 and gs2 do it. The tubing is actually for a 3D printer. We deduced that in another thread. I've got a couple tanks i use it inside and it took the vape from mediocre to great. It makes the heron v2 vape much more like the spheroid for example when reducing hat air feed with the tubing. You can buy it on amazon and with a varying measurement for internal and external diameter. So 4 to 3. 3:2 4:2 etc. I highly recommend it for anyone with a device that's got an internal feed of greater than 2 mm and mouth to lung vaping style. It's around $3 a foot or something. Usually using 1/8-1/4 inch for each application. So a foot is a lifetime supply. There are two materials too. One is resistant to like 450F the other to 600F

If anyone needs info or wants to try it on a. Tank they like with air feed greater than 2mm let me know and I'll find the links.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Merlin comes with a 2.4 mm air restictor tube in place in the 3.5 mm central air hole, so close to what you like. I think the tightest draw I have for a tank is the Kabuki. Turn the set screw way in, and it's really tight (also comes with IMO too wide a drip tip for the tank, I changed that as well). Personally, I like the set screw method, set and forget, rather than fiddling with it all the time.

Still, the Merlin does have a more "typical" airflow control with slits to adjust. I have it open <1/4. That, the 2.4 mm restrictor, and a narrow drip tip make it a solid MTL for me. For me, as good if not better than the Kabuki. That said, I have a KF Mini Plus inbound, which has a nice MTL reputation, and can give you a comparison after the people in customs stop playing with it and the let mailman deliver it. That would be a better comparison of RTA to RTA and not a factory coil.

I also have a Bellus I use in a single coil build. It's a loose MTL, but I quite like it. You probably wouldn't. Same with the Serpent mini. Loose MTL which is OK with me, again not as tight as a Kabuki or even the Merlin, and something else you won't jump for joy over for a tight draw either.

I am looking at a SQuape as well, as it has a good rep for MTL as well, but zero personal experience yet.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have a Squape R(s) authentic and 3 of the SXK clones and fantastic MTL device with the W deck and a 1.2-1.4 ohm build.

Great feedback, thanks! I had been thinking of picking up a decent clone and seeing how it went before jumping onto an authentic. Yesterday in a different thread someone pointed out an EHRro Squape R (no label on the tank, so not a "1:1") clone on sale at Kidney Puncher for $2.00!:shock:

How could I not try it for $2? Besides, I wanted some mod guards from them anyway ($1.95, almost as much as the tank). I look at this way. If the $2 clone is a nice vape, a bigger investment is obviously worth it. If it's terrible, I'm only out $2, and certainly won't draw any negative conclusion on a Squape from that one experience. I'm really hoping it does work well. I like the idea of the Squape design, especially with the changeable deck configurations.

Reactions: ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Great feedback, thanks! I had been thinking of picking up a decent clone and seeing how it went before jumping onto an authentic. Yesterday in a different thread someone pointed out an EHRro Squape R (no label on the tank, so not a "1:1") clone on sale at Kidney Puncher for $2.00!:shock:

You must have got the last one LOL... sold out!

That's a no-brainer purchase for sure.

Rudeboy615

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
South Florida
Merlin for $16.99 at efun.top
Augvape Merlin rta atomizer-4ML - $16.99
Not sure how reputable they are or how fast they ship but they claim its authentic.

WickedWicks

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2015
Vika Fantasy Styled Tank Clearomizer

5277101-6.jpg

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Vika Fantasy Styled Tank Clearomizer?

Yeah, very, very Kabuki clone like, but even cheaper. I tried looking up how much an actual Vika Fantasy costs, but couldn't. With the originals there is apparently a P3 version and a 5 Pawns version, in addition to the "classic" one. The clones look like the 5 Pawns version, minus the chess pawn artwork on the tank and chimney. The clones can be had in a SS or black finish.

Darn it, I like my Kabuki clones, but I'll have to buy one of these Vika Fantasy clones just to try one out. They are certainly cheap enough. Tried looking up reviews on these and the originals, but had no luck.

Supposedly the Vika Fantasy was designed in partnership with 5 Pawns to get the most genuine flavor out of 5 Pawns e-liquids. That sound like a bit of hype to me, since this tank looks almost exactly like a Kabuki in all respects - other than the drip tip design and the AFC (which still requires a screwdriver). The chimney itself looks exactly the same - at least on the outside.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I really like my Kabuki. But with things the way they are, I'm not investing in any more tanks that use factory coils. The more independent I can be with DIY, the better if things really do go down the tubes here in the US. The bad part is it means eliminating some nice tanks that I could be very happy with using their factory coils.

Reactions: aikanae1

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Vika Fantasy Styled Tank Clearomizer? Darn it, I like my Kabuki clones, but I'll have to buy one of these Vika Fantasy clones just to try one out. They are certainly cheap enough. Tried looking up reviews on these and the originals, but had no luck.

Let us know when you get one and your impressions?

Reactions: Katdarling

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I really like my Kabuki. But with things the way they are, I'm not investing in any more tanks that use factory coils. The more independent I can be with DIY, the better if things really do go down the tubes here in the US. The bad part is it means eliminating some nice tanks that I could be very happy with using their factory coils.

You can always rebuild factory coils also and there is an CLR rebuildable type coil for Nautilus. I expect to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread