A thread for any tank taking nautilus / triton mini coils - kabuki silo nautilus etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Looking for one too. I've heard good things about Melo III. They take atlantis and triton coils plus ecml which are rebuildable. Some use protank coils but i'm not picturing that yet.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I'll have to check those out! I've heard some good things about the Melo tanks, but haven't really looked too much into them. I hate the protank coils, for whatever reason, the Naut coils have just been the best I've found and I have (though hated) used several subtanks and never got the flavor I got from the Nauts... some people think I'm nuts for that!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Ok, so I won't lie, I've been MIA from the forum for A WHILE now! I found a vape family that helped me along the way but everyone 'grew up' but me! As this is a really long thread, I didn't read it all, but I'm hoping someone who has, or just someone 'like me', will help me without being upset if it has already been said.

I LOVE my nautilus coils, so far they're the ONLY coils I've gotten really good flavors out of (and I've tried MANY), all my vape family moved on to building or subohming and I just can't do that, my chest kills me when I try to subohm and with a broken spine (well fractured in 4 places) I don't want to mess with building! My issue is with this tank! I've tried a lot of top fill tanks and I don't want to go back to the Nautilus' bottom fill bs, but I like the flavor I get with the Nautilus coils. I've tried the Triton 2 and the Triton Mini, even the mini with a Naut coil, but I'm not getting the flavor I get out of my Nauts (which I am temporarily using again until I find a better solution). I have the Nautilus X as well and I don't get much out of it either, less so than the Triton 2 or Mini. I've tried the Cubis Pro (which I've been using most until I decided to go back to the Nauts and wait for something better) and I LOVE the way this functions, it's SO easy to use and no mess whatsoever, BUT I only get a couple of really good days out of the coil before the flavor starts to fade and I don't love how hot it gets. I haven't really given my Tritons a fair shot I'm sure, but the Mini falls apart as soon as I take the bottom off (to change the coil) which means I either have to empty my tank or make a huge mess (bc I forgot to empty the tank) and the Triton 2 for some reason I have the hardest time opening the chamber to add juice, I have to use a wrench (I'm hoping that will ease over time)!

So after all that nonsense (sorry this is turning into a novel!), my question I guess is, is there a top fill tank (that's preferably NOT a pain in the ...., or arthritis infested hands) that will either take a Naut coil or a coil VERY similar? I can't subohm, I vape at 8-9watts TOPS, I'm a 'simple vaper', as my friends say, and I just want great flavor with a nice, easy top fill tank.
Have you tried replacing the Triton Mini drip tip with a tall narrow bore acrylic drip tip? Using those drip tips on my nautilus mini and Triton mini with 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils (not Triton mini coils) and the air flow set similarly, I can't taste a difference. Like you, I prefer the Nautilus coils to any other stock coil I've tried.

bigrobbie

Reviewer / Blogger
Feb 13, 2016
Alabama
I loved this clearo! Coil Choices and the fact this bad boy doesn't leak (I mean to say that I never had mine leak!) There is a 25mm out now as well:

Tobeco Super Tank Mini Review

Interchangeable coil structures compatible between super tank mini:
Triton, Atlantis, Melo I'm sure of off the top of the head.

Anyway...unsure if this helps or if the number of posts on this thread have detoured from the OP!

Last edited:
Reactions: aikanae1

Glinda

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2014
United States
I'll have to check those out! I've heard some good things about the Melo tanks, but haven't really looked too much into them. I hate the protank coils, for whatever reason, the Naut coils have just been the best I've found and I have (though hated) used several subtanks and never got the flavor I got from the Nauts... some people think I'm nuts for that!

I don't think you're nuts at all. I prefer a cooler vape myself, and I still prefer my Nautilus tanks & coils over others.

That said, my MELO III runs a close enough 2nd. I bought it when Vapocalypse had begun to loom large, and figured that I needed to have a couple of options if/when things got tight and my favorite vape accoutrements might begin to disappear.

I tried the sub ohm coils that came with the tank, but now exclusively use the 1. ohm MELO 2/iJust 2 rebuildable coils and a drip tip with a narrower channel for a cooler vape. When I finally teach myself how to build my own coils (have all the equipment, but am learning how to mix eliquids right now), I'm going to try to build a 1.6 & a 1.8 for it because the 1.0 still produces a warmer vape than I care for. It's not as intense as the deeper sub ohm coils produce, but it still runs noticeably hotter.

Reactions: Burnie

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Since my last check in, I bought the Atlantis Evo, I use the Triton 1.8ohm coils and I really enjoy it, if not as much, more, than the Nautilus. My only issue is the dang coil doesn't seem to last very long. I use a sweet juice so I expect that it's going to burn up quicker than normal, but I'm getting maybe a day. The longest I've gotten is about 3 days and since I have to take the entire tank apart before I can change the coil, it's a huge pain! I'm going to try the Melo 3, only bc of the ease of coil changes. That'll handle the issue with taking the tank apart to change a coil, but I'm sure the coils will still burn out quickly.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Ok, so I won't lie, I've been MIA from the forum for A WHILE now! I found a vape family that helped me along the way but everyone 'grew up' but me! As this is a really long thread, I didn't read it all, but I'm hoping someone who has, or just someone 'like me', will help me without being upset if it has already been said.

I LOVE my nautilus coils, so far they're the ONLY coils I've gotten really good flavors out of (and I've tried MANY), all my vape family moved on to building or subohming and I just can't do that, my chest kills me when I try to subohm and with a broken spine (well fractured in 4 places) I don't want to mess with building! My issue is with this tank! I've tried a lot of top fill tanks and I don't want to go back to the Nautilus' bottom fill bs, but I like the flavor I get with the Nautilus coils. I've tried the Triton 2 and the Triton Mini, even the mini with a Naut coil, but I'm not getting the flavor I get out of my Nauts (which I am temporarily using again until I find a better solution). I have the Nautilus X as well and I don't get much out of it either, less so than the Triton 2 or Mini. I've tried the Cubis Pro (which I've been using most until I decided to go back to the Nauts and wait for something better) and I LOVE the way this functions, it's SO easy to use and no mess whatsoever, BUT I only get a couple of really good days out of the coil before the flavor starts to fade and I don't love how hot it gets. I haven't really given my Tritons a fair shot I'm sure, but the Mini falls apart as soon as I take the bottom off (to change the coil) which means I either have to empty my tank or make a huge mess (bc I forgot to empty the tank) and the Triton 2 for some reason I have the hardest time opening the chamber to add juice, I have to use a wrench (I'm hoping that will ease over time)!

So after all that nonsense (sorry this is turning into a novel!), my question I guess is, is there a top fill tank (that's preferably NOT a pain in the ...., or arthritis infested hands) that will either take a Naut coil or a coil VERY similar? I can't subohm, I vape at 8-9watts TOPS, I'm a 'simple vaper', as my friends say, and I just want great flavor with a nice, easy top fill tank.

you could try ANYVAPE Peakomizer 2.0 N-BVC Tank System
http://www.vaporstate.com.au/products/anyvape-peakomizer-v2-nbvc-tank-system?variant=5733332739
They are top fill and have more air flow options than the nautilus
They have a 2.5ml version and a 5 ml version. I have a 2.5ml that was never used if your interested. I tried using an aftermarket nautilus rba but it didnt fit right so the tank never got used.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I've ran into another issue with the Atlantis Evo. I have 2 of them and both of them leak terribly! I have checked to make sure the coils are on tight, I've made sure to be extra careful about filling the tank so that I don't get any juice inside the center/coil, I've done everything I can think of to try to avoid this issue. I've been vaping almost 3 years, I do know what I'm doing when it comes to tanks and how to fill and not to fill and no matter what, they still leak like crazy, like all down my mods leak. The only thing I can think of to do differently is to use thicker juice, but I can't do that so can anyone else help? Is anyone else experiencing this problem too?

fiKnight

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2014
Calgary
www.mysticvapor.ca
Were you as disappointed with the 1.8 ohm Triton Mini Clapton coils as I was? Just tried them yesterday in the Nautilus Mini, and it was a bunch of suck. Almost zero flavor and even gave me a bit of a sore throat. Then I went to try one in the Kabuki and my iSticks read it as "NO ATOMIZER". Fark!

P.S. - Just got this pic of the Nautilus 2 in a "pre-order" email. Looks even more like a diving bell than the originals!

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
Were you as disappointed with the 1.8 ohm Triton Mini Clapton coils as I was? Just tried them yesterday in the Nautilus Mini, and it was a bunch of suck. Almost zero flavor and even gave me a bit of a sore throat. Then I went to try one in the Kabuki and my iSticks read it as "NO ATOMIZER". Fark!

P.S. - Just got this pic of the Nautilus 2 in a "pre-order" email. Looks even more like a diving bell than the originals!

Yea, I couldn't stand the triton mini 1.8 coils. I have a much better experience with the regular triton 1.8ohm coil. I get the flavor, for the most part. I ended up landing with the melo 3 tank, it's been a much better experience, though I do still get a small amount of leaking now and again. The naut 2 looks... interesting lol.

Reactions: aikanae1

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Reactions: MrsP0721
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread