A Vape to the past

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by bilbobaggins30, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bilbobaggins30

bilbobaggins30 Vapin' Hobbit ECF Veteran

Remember when Cartomizers were widly popular, and everyone on here used them? Here I had one boge collecting dust so, I punched it and a blast to the past has occurred. Here we are chasing rebuildables, micro coils, sub-ohm coils and we forget something that just works no questions asked. Something that we don't care hlw much vapor we get off of it, and we forget what we missed, flavor from a fresh cartomizer.

2. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Carto's are like comfort food.....

3. permafrying

permafrying Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Lol. I used to love my Cartos. Then dual coil mega Cartos came out and I was in heaven

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

4. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You mean cartos, right. What I use when I'm not on the AGA-T or the IGO-L? My second favorite vape ...

JK :2cool:

I think there are a lot of people, not just me and Baditude, that still appreciate them ;). BTW, my Boges make quite a good amount of vapor and flavor. But always works with no questions asked may be stretching it. They have their moments too!

5. GetVaked

GetVaked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use mega cartomizers daily. They hold a lot of liquid, insanely simplistic, look great, and are more reliable than most toppers.

11.jpg

6. permafrying

permafrying Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I want everything on that table. Your wallet looks very full lol. Cartos are always a good reliable go to

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

7. GetVaked

I wish! :toast:

Its full of cards for my local vape shop. :oops:

I need to pick up some mega dual-coils after all my other single coils die, cant justify buying more atm.

8. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    After many a dollar spent on clearos and such, dis ol' fart still relies on carto tanks! Why, hell, I also enjoy using eMDDCs for on da water activities!

OTOH, I am kinda growing fond of da Aspire BDC devices.

9. alldayvape

alldayvape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ikenvape fusion punches with carto tank.
    Easy

Sent via Mobile

10. Gatorman

Gatorman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been using only cartos since I started vaping after reading Baditude's FAQ. I did buy a protank and after a half hour of using it was like "err, no. This is not as good as a dual coil carto" lol

11. bilbobaggins30

Absolutely! I started when cartos were the big thing. Then I noticed a trend shift towards rebuildables, and I followed along. And here I am again, starting the next trend, cartos again. Simple, fuss free, they don't leak unless your O-Rings in your tank go bad, and they won't with the Slap Yo' Momma tool. I stopped using them after I killed my tank that came with the lavatube trying to get one out of it.

12. Racehorse

Racehorse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I still use 1.7ohm "shorty" cartos in my REO when not using an atty.

Very convenient.

13. bilbobaggins30

Last Boge XL LR. But I need a new carto tank and cartos. Reccomendation?

14. grayscale

grayscale Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yep, still have a few cartos rolling around in the drawer that I pull out every so often to toke on. It almost seems as if (I'm sure they do) cartos become "seasoned", like a good cast iron skillet. There's a nice underlying flavor that develops that nothing else has pulled off yet.
    And no i don't mean the taste of polyfill. Analogs did their job on my tastebuds so I couldn't taste it if I wanted to.

15. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Protanks definately have a muted flavor compared to carto's

16. KalNoodle

KalNoodle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I started out using cartos. Then used Kanger T3s for a while. I upgraded to an MVP and I could never get a good connection with the kangers. Plus, I was tired of the whole filling process: take it off the battery, flip it upside down and remove coil, very carefully add juice, carefully twist coil back on so you don't get leaks, and put back on battery. Whenever I would refill, I'd always end up with some juice in my mouth.
    Now I use Bella tanks and prepunched Boge cartos. So much easier, plus better taste. I forgot how great cartos are.

17. GetVaked

IBTanked, Phiniac, Bella, Elegance tanks IMO!

18. nj1001

nj1001 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Eh... I OD'd myself on cartos for years. I'm glad vaping has evolved. I've never gotten flavor or vapor from a carto that comes close to a RDA, kalifun, etc. I can confidently say that I will never touch one again in my life. I did step back from years of cartos to a regular ol' 510 atty for dripping.... well actually, an HH357, so hardly a regular 'ol 510 but making that switch made me never touch a carto again. For me, I find significantly muted flavor with cartos compared to everything else I listed.

19. bilbobaggins30

deleted by user.

20. NICnurse

NICnurse Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Another long time carto/tank user here!! Vaping over 3 years, cartos the entire time! I adopted the tank in January 2012. Never looked back.

I have tried the vivi, protank, evods....and just cannot get a good flavor. Always muted. And rebuilding is just not for me. I have tried many times, and I just do not trust a rebuildable for out and about. Probably because "out and about" for me is 15 hours away from home at work, where vaping is illegal, and nobody that I work with knows that I do it. I can't exactly whip out my kanthal and cotton wick and rebuild one at work. I need a guaranteed method. Cartos and tanks do the job.

Long live the carto!!! :)

: lavatube, protank
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.