Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Male, started out with cigalike Vuse which was 48 mg :eek:. Then vaped a proper juice at 24 mg, now down to 6 mg, but I've also gone subohm, higher wattage. For my low cloud, low watt, stealth travel vape, I bump it back up to 18 mg to make sure an occasional puff or two will hold me for a while.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
hubby and i both started at 6mg at the same time in july, and subohming from the get go, we both dualed and quit at the same time... he's had the occasional with a bad day at the garage, i haven't. i dropped down in nic before him and i go between 1.5 and 3mg, he's pretty much a steady 3mg now. he says nic addiction is all in the head... but he's not gone down to 0 yet *grins evilly*.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
IMHO, Its all based on metabolism, length of addiction, and the personal desire to quit. Although as a general rule, woman do have a harder time recovering from addiction, this is statistically proven. So perhaps there is some overlap into smoking.

IMHO, it all comes down to #3 above. It cant be a whim, it cant be half measures, it has to be all out full tilt.

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Well, when we first started, I vaped higher levels than my husband. Shoot, with the little 510's back in the day I'd be making my own 40 mg or even higher! He was fine with 18 or so.

But, now I vape 1-3 mg, while he's still the same old 18. But thats because I'm making clouds and he's still devoted to his little old Protank, lol

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I'm male, an old one if that enters into the equation. I started on vape pens, 1.5Ω coils, at 18mg nic for about a year. With acquisition of my first subΩ tank, immediately dropped to 6mg nic. Soon changed to all subΩ tanks avoiding the likelihood of putting 18mg nic in a subΩ tank. Been at 6mg or 3mg since.

One thing I have often wondered..... since day one, I knew exactly the nic content of my juice and assume that is true for most vapers. While I think I would know if I was using 0 nic or 3 instead of 18, would I really notice the difference between say 9mg and 6mg? I am sure there are those who would be able to tell the difference, but the numbers might be surprising.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm male, an old one if that enters into the equation. I started on vape pens, 1.5Ω coils, at 18mg nic for about a year. With acquisition of my first subΩ tank, immediately dropped to 6mg nic. Soon changed to all subΩ tanks avoiding the likelihood of putting 18mg nic in a subΩ tank. Been at 6mg or 3mg since.

One thing I have often wondered..... since day one, I knew exactly the nic content of my juice and assume that is true for most vapers. While I think I would know if I was using 0 nic or 3 instead of 18, would I really notice the difference between say 9mg and 6mg? I am sure there are those who would be able to tell the difference, but the numbers might be surprising.

I don't think you could tell a huge difference with small changes. I will admit I was faked out when I got some 12 mg juice in error and liked it more than my 24 mg. Obviously the flavoring had a lot to do with that, but as far as nic, I'd say the only adjustment I made at that time was to vape maybe 3 ml a day from 2 ml. Essentially a similar total nic dose per day, just a bit more juice.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Started at 24 and 18 mg. Consensus at the time (for the devices that were available) better to start higher and drop as the body dictates. When you can start tasting the nic (harshness or peppery for me) then it is time to lower it. I think I still had some 24 mg when I finally dropped to 12 mg. Took me about a month of vaping exclusively to drop the 24 mg totally.

Three months or so in, I dropped to 12 mg. Slowly dropped these last few years and I am now at 6 mg. My body seems to like that level. I have no desire, at this time, to go lower.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I'm female, been vaping a little over 7 yrs. I smoked heavy, non-menthol, for about 40 years When I was blessed with discovering vaping i chose 36mg. cuz I was scared that anything lower wouldn't work for me. After a couple of years i had to drop to 30 mgs. Then a couple more years and i dropped to 24mg. and I'm still vaping that level.
I have no desire to drop lower...my lungs told me when it was time to drop lower the first two times and i believe that they will do the same thing again, if ever.

It sure beats the hell out of chain-smoking!!!!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
HRH and i stopped smoking at the same time. She still tootlepuffs at 18mg and i use no nic anymore. But our vaping styles diverged a few years ago.
She likes her specific mods and atties and i became a cloud chasing madman.

Now, here's a point for you - before i stopped using nic, i was on maybe 3 mg/ml liquid, but i'm willing to bet that HRH and myself were getting using close to equal amounts of nic, by virtue of the fact i'd go through 10 ml+ a day compared to her 1-1/2ml.

So i'm arguing that how you vape will also ultimately affect the nic you end up using, even if you begin your vaping journey identically.

T

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Sometimes I slip my husband 6mg juice because it tastes better and less harsh and he doesn't seem to notice...

Wuuiyt
[/URL][/IMG]

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Female here. Started on 24 because it was recommended but after about two weeks went down to 18. The 24 had way to much TH. Would have stayed at 18 'cept I couldn't sleep at night so went down to 12 after a couple of months. Still on 12 and it's been three years since starting. I just recently began vaping 6 at night and I'm sleeping better again but 6 doesn't cut it during the day, I chain vape 12 when the sun is up.
I squonk my juice with dual coils coming in at .5 ohm, so about 33 watts. I don't know how much the way I vape affects my nic cravings because I never vape any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread