A Velocity V2, CSMNT, and Avocado 24, 3 different experiences, help requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Let me begin by saying I have been vaping for over 3 years. I started with those crappy EGO stick batteries with leaky atomizers. I went to Provari 2.5 with Protanks and Nautilus's to trying to build Kayfuns and giving up and going back to simple setups.

I played around for awhile with high wattage regulated devices and sub ohm tanks, then went back to Provari Radius and Procyon with P3 Kabuki's.

I want the best of both worlds, and I want this to work. So here is my setup, I have a Vapor Shark DNA 250 and an SX Mini Q Mini. I have a Velocity V2 which I have no issues with building and maintaining. I just bought a CSMNT and Avocado 24 which started out stellar, and quickly deteriorates, not burning, but not so good flavor.

I am using 2 standard Microcoils with Japanese cotton on the V2 and CSMNT at .40-.50 ohms vaping at 55-60 Watts. I use a single coil Clapton at .42 ohms vaping at 52 watts on the Avocado. The V2 hits like a champ every time. Day 1 with the others is superior to anything I have ever tried. Day 2, I get 4-5 hits and then the burnt cotton no matter how much liquid I use and the taste is muted with a sour like taste overwhelming it. For reference I am using VCT which is 75% VG at 3mg nic.

Regarding the wicking, on the V2 and CSMNT, I usually saturate the wicks, move them up, please the top over and around, fire it up and then drip. On the Avocado 24, I cut the wicks at a slant, place the ends in the holes around 1 mm in wet it up, fire it, and then place the cap on.

Is the cotton getting gunked up in a day, and thats why I am getting that taste and so few hits off it? Could I not be cleaning the coils properly? Is there any advise that I may be missing something? The confusing thing is this never happens on the V2. I appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread