Wood A Wood 18650 Bottom Feeder (Old School Style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonar505

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Hello Again. This is a continuation of my quest to make some bottom feeder mods utilizing all the battery sizes I have. And even tho I had made some 18650's in the past I had not made one with a old school look. Since I wanted to try some different types of wood off to a local exotic wood shop I go where I found out a few new things. First off when money is tight exotic woods can seem very expensive luckily for me they had some scrap pieces they were selling by the pound. So after choosing a few pounds of different types back home we go. After choosing the wood for my next two projects I discovered the next thing. I am absolutely terrible at wood identification (while scrolling thru websites they all start looking alike after awhile). This is where I hope you fine folks can help. Here is 2 pictures off the wood I chose for this one before cutting and shaping. My best guess is Zebrawood and some type of Walnut?

1EHqLNr.jpg

e0g9yIQ.jpg

So to continue. While I wanted it to have an old school look I did not want to have to break out disposable atomizers or worse carto's. So I designed it around a mini A7 rebuildable I had.To me at least it looks old school. Since I did not want to add a catch cup I did have to modify it a little. I also wanted to try a new to me type of finish (no more poly for awhile) so I gave it a couple of bath's in mineral oil followed by daily application of same until it held the color I liked and the figure in the wood became holographic. I have now mixed up a batch of wax and mineral oil into a creamy paste to put a little shine on it. It's work in progress Well anyway here it is.

PAq62sg.jpg

HmGM11J.jpg

npxyoUU.jpg

G8BNrvG.jpg

jSrrdnT.jpg

4eTZJPk.jpg

And to help with the size scale here it is with a chana30w,a 18650 battery, and 18350 & 18500 mods I had made previously.

O1pxRoz.jpg

H0hx2QU.jpg

Thank you for viewing.
And as always all question,critiques,and or comments are very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread