The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
As the first FT thread will be closed as it has reached the 15k post limit I thought I would start a new one.

Tell us what you are buying, if it is good or bad value. Please pay special attention to the length of time every single order takes to arrive with you as I know you guys love to chat about that ;)

keyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2012
Tennessee

Still138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got an m-16 clone a few weeks ago from ft. Took roughly 3.5 weeks to arrive to los angeles, not bad all things considered. However when I got the mod it wouldn't hit at all; even better when I went to swap out the top cap with another m-16 that I got from fast tech (the only real reason i ordered was that my original one's 510 connection was stripped) the threading was different! same mod, same retailer, different threading! I'm done lol.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Thank you, that thread was getting so long. It became unreadable. I have a new problem with my FT ego stick batteries. It seems that the threading on all 3 have gone out. I cannot screw them into the charger anymore. They just go round and round and nothing catches. I am kind with the concept of finger tight. I guess they are just dead. I guess this is a thumbs down review.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Whew!.....saw the lock and was taken back to the old days ;)

$25.39 Taifun GS Style Rebuildable Atomizer (2.7-3.0mL) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I love these(have 3),Taifun flavour quality with no darkening of the juice.

Lol, I remember it was you and me trying to convince someone that as we were a Brit and a Kiwi we weren't being un-American for ordering from a Chinese company that got the old FT thread closed.

How easy is the Taifun to build compared to a Kayfun?

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Lol, I remember it was you and me trying to convince someone that as we were a Brit and a Kiwi we weren't being un-American for ordering from a Chinese company that got the old FT thread closed.

Its a big ole Evod. Really.....you crazy Britt....:D

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Thank you, that thread was getting so long. It became unreadable. I have a new problem with my FT ego stick batteries. It seems that the threading on all 3 have gone out. I cannot screw them into the charger anymore. They just go round and round and nothing catches. I am kind with the concept of finger tight. I guess they are just dead. I guess this is a thumbs down review.

That's what you get for buying cheap junk.

Sorry, I had too. :laugh:

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand

Yep and I don't think they quite got it :)

On the GS I just use 8 tight wraps around a 2mm drill and wick it with cotton.Mesh straws for the feeder wicks just touching the cotton on either side of the coil,if the mesh is pushed down too far it will bend the cotton down away from the coil.That's the only tricky bit but once set it's just refill and go.I tried silica and cotton for the feeders but got dry hits,can chain vape using the mesh.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
My last order had a transit time of 10 days after shipment: 5 days to get to Chicago from China and 5 days to get to Grand Rapids, a 110 miles away. They are now shipping from mainland China, but not HK. The Singapore route was really a pain. They may have found the right official to bribe.

Those acrylic racks are really nice and solve a big storage problem. Worth looking into!! Just be careful on the size holes you order.

I absolutely love the 3 different Kayfun lite clones I ordered, easy build and great vape. The fourth, a Taifun, is a little trickier, but still a very good vape. I was amazed at the machining quality. The only thing, though, is soak them in Vodka overnight to get rid of the machine oil taste and make sure you blow out all of the holes with compressed air. I mean all the holes, from the coil connectors to air holes.

There have been complaints that the juice channels in the base were poorly machined. Those channels are absolutely critical to the wicking of the Kaifun, but mine were well cut. These all wick like beasts. I have one on cotton with a micro coil, one on silica, and one on ekowool. For the first time, I cannot really determine which one I like best, but I need to try them with the same juice.

The Kraken that did work set up very easily. It was the easiest genny I have ever built. Maybe I am getting more proficient at it, but it too gives a very good vape. I think the air chamber size and shape have a lot to do with how well gennies vape. This is way better than my Cobra clone, Aga T+, or RSST.

Another surprise, I returned a TeK flashlight mod and two Kraken clones. The Tek stopped working after a few days, and one Kraken had the infamous internal short problem and the other had a short 510 connector. I filed a ticket, returned the items to their Miami location and got a credit for the postage (rare with any supplier, the customer generally ends up eating the shipping cost on returns).

Been waiting forever for restocking and had given up hope on my replacements. They made it out yesterday before the Chinese New Year shutdown!!!! Joy and jubilation!!!!

Fasttech is a tinkerer's paradise. The aga's were like $ 40 when they first came out (FT $13), the Cobra's($DID clone) $30 (FT ~$10), and the Kayfuns are half the price of domestic. I can play without breaking the bank. If you need something in a hurry, go elsewhere.

Not going to sub ohm though; tried it and almost gagged on a friend's. Not to mention the safety concerns.

Reactions: mauricem00

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
Got the $12.93 Rocket Rebuildable Atomizer Kit (5mL) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping that I am very happy with. Ordered the $21.54 SvoeMesto Kayfun v3.1 ES Styled Rebuildable Atomizer (4.5mL) - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping this morning. I am guessing that it will be as good or better than the rocket and I can order parts for it. For my coil builds I use $2.39 Pre-made Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (100-Pack) 100-pack - 0.18mm (33 AWG) / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping wrapped on the DUB695 Threaded Couplers 2mm 2 | eBay . That gives me a perfect coil each and every time. I leave the coil wrapped on the screw, install it in the rocket, and then position the coil about 1.5 to 2 mm above the air hole and then back the screw out. I then install my cotton wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread