Status
Not open for further replies.

bamani71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Colorado
Hi all,

I have a quick question - I have been getting some inaccurate readings on my coils and I'm trying to figure out which is the closest to the real reading. I have an ohm reader I purchased at mad vapes that reads my coil at 1.93. I bought a new ohm meter from USA Ohm Meter (?) that reads it at 2.05. The Cloupor Mini reads it at 1.81 and the hcigar Heart beat reads at 1.83. Provari reads at 1.9. It is 8 wraps of 30 gauge Kanthal. Do any of these numbers even sound accurate?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
For safety concerns always go with the lower reading. This will avoid building to an unknown low resistance.

Verify ALL batteries are Fresh/charged before comparing meters/devices. They rely on battery power to calculate resistance.

Sorry to say, your USA meter that should be the best of the lot seems to be reading to high.
Provari reading single digit is probably closest to correct, figuring 1.85-1.94ohms should show as 1.9

(Mad Meter for building)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi all,

I have a quick question - I have been getting some inaccurate readings on my coils and I'm trying to figure out which is the closest to the real reading. I have an ohm reader I purchased at Mad Vapes that reads my coil at 1.93. I bought a new ohm meter from USA Ohm Meter (?) that reads it at 2.05. The Cloupor Mini reads it at 1.81 and the HCigar Heart beat reads at 1.83. Provari reads at 1.9. It is 8 wraps of 30 gauge Kanthal. Do any of these numbers even sound accurate?

Yes. It's a 2 ohm coil.

The lowest reading there is 1.81; the highest is 2.05
average of 1.81, 1.83, 1.90, 1.93, 2.05 is 1.904.
10% of 1.9 = 0.19 = approx. 0.2.
The measurements are within a 10% spread.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I wouldn't worry about it there's plenty of times, I have 1.8 ohm vaping away and I look down and it says 1.5/1.6 ohms it's not a big thing.

What's important is that your vaping what you like, just stick to one meter.

Exactly.....or buy a Fluke multimeter, if you want accuracy.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I have a eleaf meter and its great. It does read about .10 higher than my SX350 mod. .10 is not a deal breaker either way and is not a issue for me. I trust my SX more than the eleaf but I always keep the difference in mind when i build.

edit:

I would go with the Hcigar dna40 for accuracy and its authentic just like my sx350 is authentic. They are more trustworthy than a 10 buck meter.

Last edited:

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I have an Eleaf ohm meter and it also seems to be about .1 ohm high. The readings I get on the IPV mini and the iStick 50 both read my builds .1 lower than the Eleaf. It doesn't bother me because I build around 1.0 - 1.3 ohms. If I was to build below .5 ohms, I'd spend the money on a more accurate meter. Or pull out my Fluke. Below .5, accuracy counts. Above 1.0, close is good enough. The main thing the Eleaf does for me is to make sure I don't have a short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread