Where do you hunt for drip tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
The one thing i still have trouble with in my vape shopping is finding nice drip tips. Most unfortunately I live out in the 'burbs where there are no vape shops, let alone one with a large selection of drip tips that I can try on my RBAs live. I haven't found many vendors with what I would call a "great" selection of DTs, vapordna being one of them. I'm willing to pay a little extra to get a quality DT, I find it makes that bit of difference that can take a good set up and make it great. The few times I have ordered DTs from FT I found that I don't really end up using them either because they don't fit quite right, don't feel quite right, or suffer from lower quality in build and/or materials. The best luck I've had has been with vapordna's premium tip section but I know there are tips out there which are just as good at a far cheaper price. So I posit the question ... where do you get your tips?

Specifically I was recently at a B&M a few cities over looking at an hcigar Orchid clone and while I didn't care for the Orchid I loved the DT, I just couldn't justify buying an atty I'll never use just for the DT ... I don't like to collect things like that. It was a fat medium length SS tip with a delrin base/core and 2 O-rings. It fit like a glove in my SQR which I find has the most precise 510 drip bore of any of my toppers, which shouldn't come as any surprise since the SQR is Swiss :p

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Driptips are tough. I do prefer to purchase them at a B&M. Fit and feel are too important. Online, I usually go with a shotgun approach. I buy a bunch of cheap tips and find one keeper out of five if I'm lucky.

The right driptip for a particular atty and person provides an enormous performance increase. I've found these to be quite nice: Previously sold Goliath Widw Bore Drip Tips
They carried them at a local B&M. I'm not sure if he's making them anymore, but worth the time to contact him.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I just ordered 3 from Drip Tip Designz for my 2 STm's and STn. Nice tips, wide bore, well at least wider than the opening on the ST's. Double o-ring fits nicely in the ST's and I received them in less than a week.

IMG_20150314_091631472.jpg

I also have a couple that I ordered from Carbon Method that were also wide bore and fit just right in everything I put them in.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
I buy all my drips from Fasttech. They're cheap and for the most part, that's where B&Ms buy them and then mark them up 500%. I can buy 10 drip tips for $10-15 and/or pay $10 for one. I've been vaping long enough to know what I'll like and what I won't.

Yeah B&M's really hike the price up for drip tips.

I have about 4 or 5 of these guys in varying colors (black/white):

Big_Well_Black_DT_WM__17475.1405415811.1280.1280.jpg

I love 'em, they're wide enough bore that you can drip down, and still short and stubby. Looks nice on top of an RDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread