bottom coil compromised question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom5170

Nov 4, 2014
I'm new to vaping. I've went through 3 coils barely using them.

My issue is: When I first install the new coil and add the liquid, it produces vaporizes just fine. It seems like when I set it down for an hour or so, and go back, it still produces good vapor. But after a bit, if I set it down after vaping, and go back, it produced no vapor no matter how much I puff it. It seems like if I unscrew the part where the coil is, and run it under water, and then let it dry, and replace it, then add e juice, it'll start producing vapor again. But it seems like as soon as I set it down for a bit, and pick it back up, there's no vapor and I wash it out again, etc then it works, but eventually just stops producing vapor altogether u til I replace the coil.

What's going on here? am I doing something wrong? Do I need to adjust the coil some how? I've bought brand new coils and barely use them and this happens. Is the coil just getting gummed up? The coils don't make vapor after so long, and the usage doesn't even equate to a full day, maybe an hour or so.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
It's an ego style battery 510. I just took the battery and tapped it against the counter, and now it's producing more vapor than ever. I think this "pin" on the battery has gotten pushed down? Has anyone ever had this issue? Maybe that's why I'm having an issue with it producing vapor?

This is a common problem with a lot of the 510 pins in a lot of devices, center pin gets pushed down and makes a bad connection.
One fix is to take a small screwdriver or some tiny implement and gently pry up the pin back into place.
It can be avoided by not reefing on the clearo or tank you are using.
Good luck!

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
It's an ego style battery 510. I just took the battery and tapped it against the counter, and now it's producing more vapor than ever. I think this "pin" on the battery has gotten pushed down? Has anyone ever had this issue? Maybe that's why I'm having an issue with it producing vapor?

Yup... I've had that happen, and it was the center pin. In fact, I have one right now that I need to fix.

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
Yup, that was definitely the problem. Fixed it just now, and it was super easy. I just took a safety pin and stuck it in that little center pin hole on my battery. Then I gently rocked the pin back and forth while pulling up a bit. Connected my tank, and now I'm getting big clouds again. Just make sure you do it carefully. You don't want to disconnect anything inside the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread