Good fix for itaste VTR battery door anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
I've been using my VTR for well over a year and I haven't run in to this problem. It seems like your spring loaded pin for your battery door is malfunctioning. I don't know how to fix the spring, so I think that the easiest fix would be to use a magnet as a "spacer" and attach it to your battery's negative contact.

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
I've been using my VTR for well over a year and I haven't run in to this problem. It seems like your spring loaded pin for your battery door is malfunctioning. I don't know how to fix the spring, so I think that the easiest fix would be to use a magnet as a "spacer" and attach it to your battery's negative contact.

The manufacturer said its a common problem but I'm 2 weeks out of warranty,,, as usual...
Does a magnet provide good enough electrical conductivity? great from the perspective of not falling off all the time. Have you ever tried it on another battery?

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
The manufacturer said its a common problem but I'm 2 weeks out of warranty,,, as usual...
Does a magnet provide good enough electrical conductivity? great from the perspective of not falling off all the time. Have you ever tried it on another battery?
No I haven't. I've heard that other VTR owners have used a magnet as a quick fix, but I don't know the electrical conductivity of magnets.

Last edited:

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
There is no spring on the bottom (door) on mine, just on the top. Since it used to work OK, I'm guessing that I just need to put a stronger spring in the top. I was hoping there was another type of fix but I may have to dig into it; hope I don't introduce more problems doing so.
I never said "on the bottom (door)". I said, "spring loaded pin for your battery door".:)

daesania

Jul 17, 2013
Brandon, FL
I had this issue with my vtr most recently as well. I've had mine for quite some time now, probably close to a year and a half... for some reason mine does it with certain batteries but not all. I took a hammer to the bottom of mine and just kept tapping at the door til it it would keep a charge, it took about 3-4 light taps taking the battery in and out between the hits and it seemed to fix the issue.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Back when I had my VTR, it did the same thing. I used a small washer, as well, for about 2 weeks, because it seemed like it wasn't making a good connection. One day I stuck a paper towel down the battery bay and cleaned it really good, on the connection, then popped the battery back in. Never had to use the washer again, idk why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread