Looking for a long lasting durable mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Mods tend to get bumped around since holsters are not really available. Yes, something durable.

I would follow the "Whats New" forum and just see what is talked about positive or negatively about mods. Also, there is the APV sub-forum and reading the threads in there.

Many people are still using their MVPs and Provaris. I have an MVP and, yes, it is a touch bigger and a touch heavier, but it just keeps going.

It is your mod, reasearch is good.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I would follow the "Whats New" forum and just see what is talked about positive or negatively about mods. Also, there is the APV sub-forum and reading the threads in there.

Where is the "What's New" forum? I've looked all over the place and can't find it! :confused:

Reactions: cags

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Another vote for the REO.

I like my Istick 50W a lot but I would not want to drop it. I wash my REO in the sink and submerge it in water every other week. I cannot think of a regulated device that can take much of a beating but with a chip I don't expect it to. Honestly though I feel comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges.

Edit: If you mean long lasting as in battery life the Istick 50W is awesome. I get about 12 hours of non-stop vaping at 25W with a .5 ohm build per charge. For me that is four days without a charge at three hours per day.

Last edited:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
You can beat a Reo with a Titanide Themis. It's made from Titanium. Long after isticks, ipv's, reo's and provari's have been destroyed with their boxes crushed, their circuit boards blown, a Titanide will be left standing proudly. Yeah, it might be glowing a little from the nuclear radiation that destroyed all those other things but that will be the last of your worries at that point.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Long-lasting & Durable:

Reo's (mechanical bottom-feeding box mod), Provari's (regulated tube mod), and the AltSmoke Silver Bullet (mechanical tube mod) are three mods which have been around for years and have stood the test of time. All three define the words durable and long lasting. All three are built to withstand some physical abuse, are made in the USA, and can be returned to the manufacturer for repair if needed.

I've been using my Provari and Silver Bullet for nearly 3 years on a daily basis. Never had a problem with either and neither one were "babied". The Provari is made from US stainless steel bar stock, the Silver Bullet is made from aircraft grade aluminum. Threading with machined precision which feel like butter. Durable fire buttons. Stainless steel 510 connections.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not to bust on Reo owners, but WHY are you recommending it to a person looking to pair a tank? :blink:

Just seems counter productive to the request.

As to the Best - there are many and as many people that will disagree. Is Budget involved?

Provari is excellent - not enough power to operate the Arctic tank properly.
You will need a Solid Mechanical or a Regulated in the 30 watt+ range.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Even tho' I have a Reo, I never use it. It just isn't my thing.
    Living proof that one shoe still doesn't fit all.

What I tend to look for in a mod:
    #1 will it still be working 5 years from now.
    #2 if a regulated mod, does it reduce the power as well as it boosts the power.
    #3 it needs to satisfy my needs, your needs aren't part of the equation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread