Things I'm discovering about vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCroWx

Apr 3, 2015
Seattle
I hope my naivete amuses you. Lol.

I recently graduated from a 600-ish mAH ego battery to a variable voltage pink Vision spinner ego thats somewhere in the neighborhood of 1100 mAH. I am finding out that I prefer a "sweet spot" of around 4.5 v, but that it varies depending on the eliquid's nicotine content, flavor, vg/pg ratio, & even brand. I found out that certain fruity flavors can melt a plastic clearomizer. I had the Kanger T2 2.2ml plastic clearomizer and a 6mg nic 80vg/20pg cherry ejuice from Mt Baker Vapor. The cherry juice melted TWO T2 clearomizers. The drip tip melted right off the top washer/band of the clearomizer, and I'd gotten a mouthful of juice. Gross. Quickly rinsed my mouth out. Now I'm using the Kanger glass pyrex 2.4ml? Protank, and it's a better vaping experience. Heavier than the T2s tho.

I've also discovered that I REALLY like the 80vg/20pg ratio better (even though, honestly, the cherry tastes like Robutussin). The texture is noticeably thicker. It hits my throat well, but I like the moderate lung hit it gives me. I am also liking the bigger clouds that more vg and a higher voltage give me.

The downside of the ego manual batteries, for me, is that it doesn't give me enough of a hit before the led indicator light flashes several times in quick succession and it quits until I release the driptip from my mouth and exhale.

I'm glad I found my husband's spare ego usb charger (he's deployed), because I'm going through 2 of the smaller ego batteries AND draining the Vision vv.

Just for the record, I quit smoking. I'm down from the 36mg nic. ejuice to the 111-12mg, & now I'm trying 6.

One thing more I learned: change out a wick more often than once yearly.

Have a good ya'll.

--mamma from Tacoma

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
Glad to hear it got you off the cigs! Have you thought about upgrading to a little better mod? Sigelei Zmax is VW/VV up to 15 watts and takes a single 18650. It's what I started with and a decent battery would last me two tanks of juice.

The Istick is another one that gets good reviews, although I've never personally tried one. If you really want to get serious and buy what would probably be the last mod you'll ever need, the sigelei 100w+ or 150w are excellent devices. Two 18650's and enough power to run whatever you decide to get into down the road.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yeah Mama you need a couple of chargers for multiple chargings and just in case one quits. Enjoy the vaping.
I have yet to find a cherry juice I really like. The VapinPlus one is not bad but I could not handle the artificial ingredients in it. Just me though my son is fine with it.
Murphys gas places usually sell the vapinplus juice and it is cheap. They were having 5 15 ml bottles for $15 not sure if it is still going on though. And they have several flavors and at least 2 strengths of nic. 16 and 24 I think.

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
That sounds expensive lol

It could get expensive if you take the long way like buying 2-3 at spinners at $30-$40 each, or you could get a decent VW with replaceable 18650 at $10 each. They last longer and if one goes bad just chuck it. If your spinner breaks, your out $30 and a device. You could get a real nice set up for $100-$120

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I used the T2 for about 6 months and my wife has been using them for about 2 years. The PT2 is a good replacement if your juice cracks the pastic...also the PT2 mini is more the size for an ego battery.

Also, if the mouthpiece of the T2 is breaking at the threads (mine did sometimes) you can buy replacements. (although these are out of stck)

Replacement mouthpiece for the T2 kangertech clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread