New Efest 35amp continuous discharge batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteakAndEggs

Dec 7, 2014
Mcallen, Texas
Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2800mAh Battery - Flat Top - 35 Amp

They claim to be 35a continuous & 80 pulse. . .
Has anyone tried these?
if they really live up to the specs these will be the best batteries on the market now since no other battery can claim a 35a continuous rating. Not to mention 2800mah? Dang. Just note these are not the same batteries from before. The previous ones had a 35 amp pulse rating

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
  • Max. continuous discharge current: 35A = false marketing hype rating, standard efest practice.
  • Continuous discharge current: 20A = continuous discharge rate, the only industry standard. What vapers should go by as the maximum amp draw.
  • Pulse discharging current: 80A = false dangerous claim.
As mah increases CDR decreases no way around it.
efest has been caught labeling 6.8a batteries as 20a, various 10a, 20a & 30a labeled as 30a, a well known 20a as 35a.
I wouldnt trust an efest rating as far as I can throw an elephant one handed.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Efest does not make batteries. Actually making batteries is the base requirement for being able to make a better battery. No - Efest does not make better batteries than actual battery manufacturers.
    ^^what he said!

Efest has the reputation of rating their re-wrapped batteries higher than the company that made them. Why would anyone think it's any different with this battery.

So like always with Efest, which battery is it, and what's it's actual rating.

At this point in time, there are only a few different brands of IMR/INR batteries to choose from, and it will never be a case of a new model coming out every week or so. But, there will always be another creative new wrapper to choose from. .... it's called marketing.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2800mAh Battery - Flat Top - 35 Amp

They claim to be 35a continuous & 80 pulse. . .
    Has anyone tried these?
    if they really live up to the specs these will be the best batteries on the market now since no other battery can claim a 35a continuous rating. Not to mention 2800mah? Dang. Just note these are not the same batteries from before. The previous ones had a 35 amp pulse rating

I see that the Efest marketing department is on another run. :mad:

See how Efest is confusing the specs?
    • Max. continuous discharge current: 35A
    • Continuous discharge current: 20A
    • Pulse discharging current: 80A

Efest has a long history of exaggerating battery specs to one-up their competition. When they start quoting specs that can make their batteries dangerous to the unknowing general public, then there is cause for alarm. Calling a 20 amp battery a 35 amp battery is bordering on negligence in my opinion. I won't be buying any more Efest batteries on general principal alone. They are a disreputable company.

Purple Efest Batteries Not as Advertised

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I see that the Efest marketing department is on another run. :mad:

See how Efest is confusing the specs?
    • Max. continuous discharge current: 35A
    • Continuous discharge current: 20A
    • Pulse discharging current: 80A

Efest has a long history of exaggerating battery specs to one-up their competition. When they start quoting specs that can make their batteries dangerous to the unknowing general public, then there is cause for alarm. Calling a 20 amp battery a 35 amp battery is bordering on negligence in my opinion. I won't be buying any more Efest batteries on general principal alone. They are a disreputable company.

Purple Efest Batteries Not as Advertised

The deception in this spec would be laughable, if it weren't for the fact that it's also potentially dangerous.
    How the heck can they say a 20A continuous battery also be a 35A (max) continuous battery?
    Ridiculous!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    At this point, nobody is making batteries specifically for vaping; regardless what the advertising or the wrapper says. Our batteries are re-purposed, and were designed for some other use.
    This is also why judging a battery by its pulse current is very bad, they can withstand a pulse easily but tbey are not designed to be pulsed continuously all day, it's just a buffer for something like a motor starting or shock loading.

Why people continue to abuse these cells beyond thier intended design is quite baffling as even the manufacturer's dont approve of their use for vaping. Im pretty sure everytime a meltdown gets reported some executive goes whew, wasnt one of ours.

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Why people continue to abuse these cells beyond thier intended design is quite baffling as even the manufacturer's dont approve of their use for vaping. Im pretty sure everytime a meltdown gets reported some executive goes whew, wasnt one of ours.
    This might very well be why Sony announced the discontinuation of their VTC batteries.

Final word on Sony's production plans for the US18650 VTC4 and the US18650 VTC5 (April 9, 2015)

"Commentary: It is very unfortunate that Sony would cancel the production of these cells, since they have been shown to be the highest performance high discharge cells ever made. However, they are a big company and have recently had an estimated $300 million dollar recall due to safety concerns. This may be why they decided to close this production line, since it is the most extreme battery they made."

Reactions: beckdg

Thrasher

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    I often thought the same thing, sony probably also tightened up the supply channels so unaccounted for cells don't end up in end user consumer outlets. It would be very easy to start offering a discount or something to companies willing to be audited for cell usage and cut off overflow making its way to retail.

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    As mah increases CDR decreases no way around it.
    exactly.

given size constraints (as there's always a standard to fit the given devices battery bay), there's only so much one can do. you have build type and chemistry for more mah or the same for more current.

it's only until the next chemistry hits the market that the specs can make a leap rather than small steps by better build practices from one mfr to another. but that leap will be found by a mfr, not a reseller, rewrapper.

the reseller would have to put out a whole lot of money to convince the mfr to allow them sole distribution. i haven't heard word of that happening thus far. doubt it's going to happen soon.

beckdg

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I would not blame Efest. They give all needed for vaper information including "continuous discharge current 20A".
    I blame myvaporstore.com, who is retailer for vapers and who give false information.

Never buy at myvaporstore.com!
    excuse me?

New product -- IMR 18650 2800mAh 35Amps battery released in April-Efest battery for E-cigs

MVS is a trusted vendor and a fine place to shop if you need what they have in stock.

they're just doing what nearly every other retailer does... posting the specs the supplier gives.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread