What is a "stupid" question u always wanted to know ? Vaping six years and 1 or my many is below..

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Preferably the questions will be from vapers with the minimum amount of experience vaping being 6 months/preferably a year or more . What's a question that even a newbie or anybody might know but you never got around to knowing it or understanding it for yourself and now want to know.

I'll start it off : I've been vaping 6 years and I "failed out battery university".

What the heck does a "high drain" battery mean ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
High drain, for our purposes, is the continuously available amperage. "Continuously" is the key word here, as most batteries are rated for this value - Maximum Continuous Current Discharge, or MCCD.

With a low resistance, you have to have - with unregulated mods in particular - at minimum, an Ohm's Law resistance to amperage parity... or you run the risk of overheating the battery.
For example, with 0.5Ω, at 4.2v battery voltage, you need a minimum MCCD of 8.4 amps, so the battery used must have an equivalent, or better rating.

Reactions: flexsr

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Thx state of flux. I'm familiar with continuous amperage and relationship to amperage we are pulling from our battery based on the resistance of the coil and the voltage delivered. You explained it in a better way then I have could have !!- thank you.
But still I'm confused on "high drain" - that means it has a high continuous amperage rating ? - but that is not very specific -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread