25.00 Smokless owl Squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
I just used search engine and they have a a bunch of youtube videos and other explanations of how to pay with

paypal without having a paypal account thx again for this info as this makes it a lot easier to buy vaping

stuff like the Smokless Owl Squonker that I am interested in. There is a GOD---hahahahahah

Reactions: Nailz

KYBLUE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
Kentucky, USA
Don't know of any other stateside sites carrying it but haven't looked since I ordered from FC.

Just received it this morning.

Box Mod Pros
  1. It's rather compact. I can hide it entirely in the palm of my hand.
  2. Though almost all plastic it seems durable. Doesn't flex. Not even the door.
  3. 10ml bottle. Comes with an extra. Standard caps fit them. Standard bottle fits but is very tight. The bottom must be slightly malformed for it to fit.
  4. Locking fire button. Turn to stop in either direction to lock, to the middle to fire.
Box Mod Cons
  1. Shiny plastic appears cheap and is a fingerprint magnet.
  2. Firing button is very easy to push. not sure how it will hold up over time.
  3. Small gauge wire running from the negative battery post. May not hold up to extreme sub ohm builds. Hasn't been a problem @ .5Ω.
  4. Seems to be designed for left hand operation. Must be finger fired when holding the curved side to your palm. Thumb firing when the button is top mounted seems more natural to me. Side mounted opposite the atty seems better. Brain wave recognition seems optimal.o_O
Owl BF Atty Pros
  1. Bottom feed ready.
  2. T-post design enables one to tighten down one coil before working on the second.
  3. Ample airflow. Wide bore proprietary drip tip is not hampered by 510 size limitations. Could easily be drilled out for the extreme vaper.
Owl BF Atty Cons
  1. Raised tab airflow control design. The tabs require you to place the coils off center and they get in the way when aligning the coil with a rod inserted.
  2. Very large for a RBFA. About the same size as a Goblin RTA in 5ml configuration.
  3. Proprietary drip tip is ~25mm tall.
  4. Window which I assume was designed to allow for examining wick saturation without the need to remove the top cap is useless as it collects condensation.
  5. Not the conventional bottom feed design. There are no holes at the base of the center post, instead the juice will flow from the coil wire holes. This negates one of the advantages of bottom feeding in that it doesn't pull excess juice back down into the bottle. Thus you can oversquonk just as you can overdrip an RDA. A hole drilled through the base of the center post is an easy fix for this.
Overall
Worth the money. Especially if you want to dip your toe into the bottom feeder waters for the first time.

At $22 I am pleased with the purchase. I plan to devise a drip tip plug for a BF converted Derringer and see if this setup can be comfortably carried in the front pocket of my jeans.

I will drill the center post base of the atty but it is likely destined for the box of misfit vape gear. Then again there may be a top cap in the box that fits and cuts it down to size.

ENJOY

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Out of curiosity I picked one of these up. I agree with all KYBLUE stated. My go to bf mods are Reos and GDNA's etc.
I find that for someone deciding if they want to venture into bf'ing this is a good inexpensive way.
I put 0.5Ω duals in it and even with the large atty chamber it vapes well. The atty feeds exceptionally well which surprised me. MTL vapers may find the atty to airy. The squonk bottle is the easiest push I have seem, probably due to the thinness of the bottle.
It is as tall as a Reo Grand and slightly wider and deeper. Very comfortable to hold.
For $22 add juice and a proper battery and vape away.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
I just ordered one of these from angelcigs.com to try out as a beater squonker.

I had my Reo Grand sent in to be cut down to a LP and to get the new 510 connector last month. I had stripped it at work with some scotchbrite before I sent it in and Rob sent it back with a tumbled raw aluminum finish, now I hate to leave the house with it for fear I will drop it and scratch it up.

Ridiculous, I know, but it is what it is.

Reactions: thetrucker

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Doggone you guys!!!!! I've been contemplating a bottom-feeder, but I didn't want to drop a lot of coin. $25 for the mod and an atty..... :p

It is a good deal, but most are not liking the atty, so wouldn't go by the atty to much, there is a zenith v2.5 on fasttech which a bottom fed atty and today focal listed the chalice III clone for sale.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2012
    Texas
    It is a good deal, but most are not liking the atty, so wouldn't go by the atty to much, there is a zenith v2.5 on fasttech which a bottom fed atty and today focal listed the chalice III clone for sale.
    Hey Nailz, do you have a dirrect link to which Zenith is the good one? My seach for Zenith V2.5 turned up 40 results.

Thanks

Reactions: beckdg

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    From where does one get the bottom pins? Can this be done to most RDAs? I looked at the Chalice III, and it looks like it would also need a replacement pin....

TIA

The pin comes with this atty, from reviews, it is in the middle post when it turns up, take out a replace with the 510 pin that is in it and add a new post screw from the spares bag ;)

Chalice III is a bottom fed atty only, so no need to change pin on it.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    Hi Fellow Vapers,

I just ordered a white Smokless Owl about 30 minutes ago---I never owned a squonker before and wanted to try one out.

When seeing the 24.51 dollar price tag and 2.00 shipping from usa warehouse I could not resist the deal.

Some day I want to join the REO ville gang but will try this plan for now.

Will wait 7 days and then start looking for this in my mail.

Can't wait...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread