I've been away too long !

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
Hello everyone ! Havn't been on the site here for awhile and a little discovery (probably known already to everyone in here but me !) made me think about the forum . Ordered an Itaste VTR kit yesterday which made all of my basic small sized clearos subject to "experimentation" ... I notice that if teaming up the most basic type of clearo (small pensized that holds only 2ml ) with a huge 2200 fat battery ,then drilling out the vent holes in the clearo to twice the size produces really huge clouds of vapor ... unless I vape one puff after another like a madman the clearo doesn't heat up or even dry hit as I assumed it would ... this little drilled config with an enormus battery seems like it will be nice for places where I dont want to worry too much about loss, damage, or the constant dropping I seem to achieve every time I take two or three bats and clearos outside like I would with the new Itaste ... Since I use no flavorings just straight VG , I'm interested to see how long it takes to burn up a coil with this 'Rube Goldberg' mock sub ohming ...

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
It should take quite a while before it goes out. PG has some sweetness that lends to gunk but with no nic or flavor, this will be an education for me as well. My money is on 6 weeks before you need to clean.

That's a fair guess. After reading your reply I decided for the first time to screw around and play a bit with the coil. those small clearos usually have that 'stemmed' top that pops off exposint the flavor cotton and then the coil with its own cotton wick running through the coil 'tube' like twist ... I tossed the flavor wick part, and rethreaded a cotton twisted string through the coil and trimmed the ends really close so it didn't jam against the sides of the draw tube ... wow ! more cloud and a nice airy draw ... so I can always have spotless wicks as long as the coils last. Some fun ! Vape on !

Reactions: WonderDude32

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
Man, I'm not one to get into doing fancy rebuilds like you pros , but tonight I had a sad realization of why some of us keep searching, buying and testing ... Since the last few posts above I've been doing more cotton wick through the coil experiments and it certainly turns out that it's not rocket science to be able to double the cloud production with very little effort ...and thats with just common cotton balls ... it's becoming apparant to me that some products sold could be twice as good with as little as 5 more strands of wick thickness and to be certain the coil 'tugs' at the wicking instead of pulling straight out like many of my factory wicks do. Nice to see my work so successful, but making cheap starter pen types blow cloud as good or better than the Itaste demos I've been watching makes me wonder if factorys deliberately limit product power for some reason ... my novice actions make my little starter kits seem like Provari's as pertains at least to cloud production .... Oh, on a lighter note, here's something you might want to try ... there's those squeeze bottles of concentrated drink flavors like 'Mio' that you squirt into a glass of water for flavor ... those squeeze bottles shoot out the greatest thin powerful stream of e liquid if you reuse them when the drink mix is gone ... unlike the typical dropper bottles that we use, the tops don't eventually leak and the bottles are overall better made with a funny little rubber insert system that makes for really controlled fine stream of eliquid.

Last edited:
Reactions: WonderDude32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread