No ohms being read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
I just got my new petri rda and put the coils on that came with it. Installed it properly as far as i know. I dont have an ohm tester however and when i plug the Petri onto my 20W eleaf istick (to try and see if it would come up with an ohm reading) it just said 0.0 ohms.

Is this just because the istick is 20w and cant handle subohm builds?

How do i go about testing the ohms without an ohm reader

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
The iStick 20W doesn't have a spring loaded connector. Thus, your 510 pin on the petri RDA might not be long enough to make contact with the 510 connector in the iStick 20W. Have you tried adjusting your 510 pin on the petri RDA?

Also, you can trying to see if you can get a connection using the 510-ego adapter that was included with your iStick. Connect your RDA to the adapter, than connect the adapter to your iStick 20W.

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
Why don't you feel the need to NOT have an ohm reader? Safety first!

Well i never said i felt the need to NOT have one. I literally just ordered one.

I figured out it was a .75ohm dual coil setup. Its the same thickness as my 26ga kanthal and its wrapped 7 times. It slides right over the cute little blue screwdriver they give you so its 2mm ID. BOOM we have OHMS. Its funny that this fires faster than my plume veil and im getting much better vapor production.

they gave me this monster mouth piece attachment i cant really get into. Im getting a lot of spitting into it

Mden89

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2015
Wahwik, Rhode Island
The iStick 20W doesn't have a spring loaded connector. Thus, your 510 pin on the petri RDA might not be long enough to make contact with the 510 connector in the iStick 20W. Have you tried adjusting your 510 pin on the petri RDA?

Also, you can trying to see if you can get a connection using the 510-ego adapter that was included with your iStick. Connect your RDA to the adapter, than connect the adapter to your iStick 20W.

Thank you for the information!

Reactions: Yozhik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread