flavor chasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdimasi

May 27, 2015
Hi all first off like to say thanx to everyone who answers my newbie question. You guys been alot of help. My vapeing knowledge is improving. Now I have another one for you guys . I am looking to get the most flavor out of my vapes. I own a ipv4 a mutilation x v4 a tugboat and kanger submini and a eleaf 50 watt. I have 26g kanthal 24g kantal . What is any should I get for more flavor . What kinda build should I do ? How many wraps? Please give me a full Break down on the way to get best flavor possible . juice with more vg I am so new and lost thanx in advance

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
Best dripper for flavor is , council of vapors aris. Juice well is so deep you can fit basically a full ml in their if you dont overstuff it with cotton and the airflow system is unique.
Can get a clone for like 10$

As for your current gear a 1+ohm dual coil positioned near the airflow holes with enough cotton that its covered but still getting the air intake as you inhale between 20w-40w should help you a bit. Although flavor is subjective so it may not taste good for you specifically
Build type i generally stick with microcoils nothing fancy but it works and simple to build, i use usually like 18-20 wraps on a fasttech screwdriver per coil with 26g wire. Comes out to like 1-1.1 depending how lazy i am building the coil.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I've been using a Royal Hunter from Council on Vapor and it's great. I run dual 28ga. micro coils with the wrap over wicking (like the dragon coil in Rip's video) and I love it. 6mm juice well and I've never kept track of how much it holds but it seems like a gallon. 20+ hits before re-dripping and not one dry one. It's also very easy to build on. I vape at 22-27 watts depending on mood and I don't really like warm/hot vapor.

SteakAndEggs

Dec 7, 2014
Mcallen, Texas
Geez, why does everyone just immediately suggest getting a new rda? The mx4 can give you fantastic flavor if you build right. Anyway, ime the best builds for flavor have been parallel builds and twisted builds. Now it's the zipper coil, but i won't go into that seeing as you don't have the right gauge to build it. Try twisting your 26g and doing like a 7-8 wrap, or doing a parallel 24g build with 7 wraps. Both will give you fantastic flavor and vapor

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
That's a lot of atties for a new vaper, so I can appreciate you not wanting to get another, but you really have got a collection of foggers going. Just the same, some general tips, some already mentioned:

- try to position your coils such that they are slightly above the air holes (X4 probably the exception)
- wrap a smaller diameter. 1.3-2.0mm will do
- twisted wire is nice, but requires daily maintenance, heads up
- close off your airflow as much as you can, and with that in mind
- try to keep your heat down. It's important for the restricted airflow in the first place, but a violently hot coil is just terrible for flavour in general, IMO
- try different juices. Max VG can taste fine, but many are quite muted and, if you can handle it (no sensitivities), bring PG into the mix.

Finally, and this is the biggest one: PLAY!

Wick and wire are cheap, practice makes perfect, and each atomizer will require its own setups for ideal flavour. And of course, what's the best flavour for you is only for you to say.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Geez, why does everyone just immediately suggest getting a new rda? The mx4 can give you fantastic flavor if you build right. Anyway, ime the best builds for flavor have been parallel builds and twisted builds. Now it's the zipper coil, but i won't go into that seeing as you don't have the right gauge to build it. Try twisting your 26g and doing like a 7-8 wrap, or doing a parallel 24g build with 7 wraps. Both will give you fantastic flavor and vapor

More VG doesn't equal more flavor. You have a cloud chaser set up, not a flavor set up...

All this above.

A "Perfect" coil matters quite alot no matter what RDA you're using. And you're using higer VG means bigger CLOUDS.
PG is what carrying the most flavor. Sadly i can't personally vape high PG, But it's the higher PG the better flavor you will get. And ofcourse it depends on the coil AND then the RDA.

Magma is a great flavor atty. I also get alot of flavor from my Gaia however Gaia is more for clouds than flavors so it's a middle of the between.
A good coil on a magma beats most of the RDAs i've tried (Granted not tooo many, i'm more of a kayfun/tank user)

But trust me Magma delivers. And if you want clouds and taste Gaia is a semi winner. Gaia delivers both flavor and clouds depending on your coil and air intake. (2mm up to 3mm for Gaia) That's why i like it, i can build for clouds and open up max air flow = Clouds, if i want taste = close the airholes, build slightly higher ohms = taste. However I'm thorn wether it beats magma or not... But i would say for pure flavor magma wins.

I do personally prefer my gia though due the huge juice well, prolly 1-2ml. So i don't have to redrip all the time. But it's not the best flavor nor the best cloud chaser atty, it's middle of them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread