Vapors fatigue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aadavis94

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2014
Oregon
get a mech and a dripper

Vaper's Tongue is a symptom of tanks with poor vapor/flavor production. Since I started dripping, I can't imagine not tasting my juice.

With the exception of when I have a cold or something...
I've always been told it's bc of being dehydrated and getting use to a flavor.

Reactions: ChuckB

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
get a mech and a dripper

Vaper's Tongue is a symptom of tanks with poor vapor/flavor production. Since I started dripping, I can't imagine not tasting my juice.

I don't know if granolaboy is right, since I don't get vaper's tongue, but I would be inclined to agree since I have never had it and only use RDAs and unregulated mods. I would give the suggestion a try. Or at least get a high power regulated box with a basic dripper.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It doesn't happen to everyone but it happens to a lot of people. I had a bout with it. From what I've read here it generally tends to pop up weeks or months after you start vaping. It goes away after a while, and it tends not to come back. As far as I know the cause is a mystery.

What helped me was to get some menthol juice. I don't like menthol at all, but it seemed to clear out whatever was getting blocked.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
get a mech and a dripper

I used to get it with RDAs but now that I switch up flavors throughout the day, I don't get it nearly as often.

Reactions: Marc411

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Another vote for coffee beans. In light cases, even just taking a few deep inhales from a tin of coffee can be enough to clear my palate.

I've also been discovering the various benefits of vaping pure VG. Works a charm to neutralize flavour in your dripper without rewicking, and seems to refresh my tongue when it's time to drip with flavour again.

Aadavis94

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2014
Oregon
I tried the coffee and it seemed to help. I've layed off the cinnamon bc it was also hurting my tongue. I do have one max vg juice but it doesn't work as well as my 60/40 pg/vg mix in my nautilus mini, which is my main tank. I haven't gotten into dripping yet. I do a lot of moving around at my job and at my house so having to constantly re drip would be a pain for me it seems like. I will prob get there in the near future tho.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2014
Beverly Hills, Fl, USA
I tried the coffee and it seemed to help. I've layed off the cinnamon bc it was also hurting my tongue. I do have one max vg juice but it doesn't work as well as my 60/40 pg/vg mix in my nautilus mini, which is my main tank. I haven't gotten into dripping yet. I do a lot of moving around at my job and at my house so having to constantly re drip would be a pain for me it seems like. I will prob get there in the near future tho.
I run into the same issue with my menthol. I order it with 3 flavor shots and over time the taste becomes muted. Cranking up the watts won't really help because you'll become accustomed to that level as well. About the only things that helps me is brush the daylights out of my teeth and tongue, mouth wash, and plenty of water. If that doesn't help, switch flavors for a short time (an hour or so).

I too use the mini tank, and you're right, it doesn't like much more than a 50/50 blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread