Again with the batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Me again with battery questions :D

I ordered and paid for Samsung 25Rs from my local vape shop. They just informed me that they made a mistake and that battery is not currently available, and have offered me these as replacement:

Sony VTC5

Sony VTC4

LG HE2

LG HE4

Should i take any of these or should i wait for the samsungs to become available again? (who knows when that will be)

I'm leaning towards the VTC5 just looking for some confirmation from you guys that that is the right choice !

Oh and i should mention, the top wattage i will be hitting is 30w and i do not sub ohm.
Thanks!

Last edited:

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Me again with battery questions :D

I ordered and paid for Samsung 25Rs from my local vape shop. They just informed me that they made a mistake and that battery is not currently available, and have offered me these as replacement:

Sony VTC5

Sony VTC4

LG HE2

LG HE4

Should i take any of these or should i wait for the samsungs to become available again? (who knows when that will be)

I'm leaning towards the VTC5 just looking for some confirmation from you guys that that is the right choice !

Thanks!
I highly doubt that the vtc5 are authentic. Almost no one has them, and if they do its probably old stock. I'd go with the vtc4.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I highly doubt that the vtc5 are authentic. Almost no one has them, and if they do its probably old stock. I'd go with the vtc4.

Gotcha, but isn't the vtc4 in the same basket with counterfits as the vtc5? And is the lower capacity noticable?
I don't wanna get an unsafe (fake) battery, and i also don't wanna have to charge it twice a day :D

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Alright already with the batteries..:)

I agree about the VTC5. I would go with the VTC4 if you plan to build low as it's a 30 amp CDR cell. The Samsung and the LG are both 20 amp CDR but you will get slightly better usage time.

Last time, promise! :D
I haven't heard of this shop selling fakes yet, but it's hard to tell with these sony batteries.
I am not planning on building under 1 ohm, or going above 30w. Would you recommend HE2 or HE4 in that case, or should i wait for the samsungs to come back? I keep reading mixed feelings about HE2 vs HE4, can't quite put a finger on which one is better for my range..

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
The LGs are fine for your intended usage and much less likely to be fakes. The HE2 and HE4 are virtually identical specification wise. Although I use Samsung 25Rs in much greater quantity than other cells, there is no compelling reason to wait for them to come back in stock at your local shop if the LGs are readily available.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Thanks for all your input. I just sent a mail to the shop directly asking if they can guarantee the sony is original. I doubt they would directly lie about that since they are pretty much one of the two vapeshops in a wide area of Croatia, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't explicitly write "not authentic" :D
So basically if they can guarantee it is an original go for VTC5, otherwise any of the LG's right :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Thanks for all your input. I just sent a mail to the shop directly asking if they can guarantee the sony is original. I doubt they would directly lie about that since they are pretty much one of the two vapeshops in a wide area of Croatia, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't explicitly write "not authentic" :D
    So basically if they can guarantee it is an original go for VTC5, otherwise any of the LG's right :)

The reason the HE4 exists is because the HE2 gets hot when discharged @ 20a.
    When testing batteries we pay close attention to temperature when being discharged, and many were saying that the HE2 did not stay within their "safe" parameters. So LG came out with the HE4 to correct that issue.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 17, 2015
    Croatia
    The reason the HE4 exists is because the HE2 gets hot when discharged @ 20a.
    When testing batteries we pay close attention to temperature when being discharged, and many were saying that the HE2 did not stay within their "safe" parameters. So LG came out with the HE4 to correct that issue.

I've read about that, also read that HE4 has more internal resistance and that HE2 outperforms it.
    The more i read the more i think that all these performance differences are so small that i most probably won't notice them. All i want is a safe battery that will last me a day :D
    I'm currently on Panasonic NCR A and wouldn't be buying new ones if they could handle 30W safely..

Last edited:
    Reactions: Verb

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2013
    New York
    Get the HE4 absolutely nothing wrong with the LG batteries and not as likely to be a counterfeit. That said the last place I would ever buy a battery is a local shop or a place like e-bay or Amazon (for different reasons).

Depending on the local vape shop they could be (usually are) completely ignorant about how to spot fakes and where to buy good batteries. As far as e-bay or Amazon they're the major hotspots where most of the fakes are sold in the first place.

You want to buy batteries from trusted vendors that are authorized re-sellers where you can rest assured you aren't getting fakes.

Places like:
    Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!
    or
    Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    IMO, there is no place in vaping for lithium cobalt batteries. Your pano (besides being an explosive chemistry) is only a 2C (about 6.8a) rated cell.

While I do agree in principle,( I enjoy mostly slightly sub-ohm vaping) I Disagree in generalized association.
    Batteries are purpose built. NO Manufacturer Specifically builds Vaping Batteries.

Batteries are built Load specific in design.
    Someone Vaping on equipment that only pulls 2a-3a will not have issues with that battery.

*Note* I'm 61 and have been using/building laptops & Tablets for some time. I often have my Tablets close while Racing on line.
    I do not panic that the Batteries inside are going to Explode.(Purpose Built);)

Vape Safe, use IMR batteries whenever possible.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    While I do agree in principle,( I enjoy mostly slightly sub-ohm vaping) I Disagree in generalized association.
    Batteries are purpose built. NO Manufacturer Specifically builds Vaping Batteries.

Batteries are built Load specific in design.
    Someone Vaping on equipment that only pulls 2a-3a will not have issues with that battery.

*Note* I'm 61 and have been using/building laptops & Tablets for some time. I often have my Tablets close while Racing on line.
    I do not panic that the Batteries inside are going to Explode.(Purpose Built);)

Vape Safe, use IMR batteries whenever possible.

While there are lots of us that do understand, we have to remember that there are plenty that read these forums that don't even understand the difference between positive & negative.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread