Vaping ain't easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd705

Feb 13, 2015
Ontario
Don't get me wrong, I love to vape. But I do miss the convenience of analogs. Every corner store carries your brand, it's easy to bum a smoke from a friend or even get a light from a stranger. vaping isn't that easy.. Today I replaced the coil in my atlantis before leaving home for the day. I suppose I should've tested it before I left the house but I haven't had a stock coil fail yet. So about a hour away from home I pulled my sx mini out of my lunch box and was looking forward to a vape. But it gave me an error, check atomizer. So I unscrewed the tank and double checked the coil was snug to the base and no moisture was under the coil. I also checked the floating pin on my sx mini and everything seems good n clean. Still I get the message, check atomizer.. Sooo frustrating because I'm a hour away from home with no backup vape and no extra coil.. I broke down and had a terrible death stick. Couldn't even finish it due to taste and smell. It's just not my vape. Anyways no one else at my work vapes so I had to vent to some other fellow vapors.. I can't wait to get home and get another coil!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I think most of us have had to go through the same vaping crisis when out and about. I'd like to tell you that as a result I always have a backup with me, but when your setup is working well, it's easy to fall out of that habit. My wife is the smart one, with an ego, and evod, clearos and a usb charger wherever she goes. Good luck getting through your day!

Reactions: KattMamma

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I missed the ease of just extracting a cig and lighting it quickly for about 1/2 a day.. The act of having a cig in my lips and being able to use both my hands for something was missed for almost 3 days. Not having smoke get in my eye was not missed at all. A butane lighter and a slight breeze just don't get along very well.. I surely don't miss that.. I think I could go a day or so id I had to without vaping, I could do without a cig for a day or two..

Tyberias

Jun 1, 2010
    TN
    This is where the ability to use a RDA and a simple mech mod comes in handy. With a little practice it only takes 5 mins to rebuild an atty and there isn't much else that can go wrong with it. I have a small kit with a RDA, tools and wire to make coils, a mech mod, a pair of 18650's, and a battery charger for them that works in the car for just those situations.

Reactions: VNeil

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Yap, it is not for the timid. Can you remember your first smoke? Was it delicious? It was hard for me to remember, but I had to work at smoking for at least a year or two or three before I was totally hooked on it. Early on I remember I would smoke for 6 months and quit for 6 months. But after 4-5 years of that, I found I could`nt quit so easy and after 15 years of smoking trying to quite was rarely even questioned.

Next time, bring a spare coil, or better yet make a little out of the house kit with a spare coil, a tweezer, some of the extra`s you will need.

Our (me and my wife) first couple of months were very hard, from failing kanger heads to batteries that were not taking a charge (due to tarnish at the connection), to juice that was expensive and did`nt live up to the hype.

But it pays off, we both have over a year now and now know what is wrong when it is wrong, and vaping is the single best thing we have ever been able to do for ourselves.

Best of luck,
    R

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Learning Curve...........
    I'd rather Beat up a Mobster(get shot) than pickup another Cig... I never leave the house without at least one backup.
    Swapped out my Battery in the IVP Mini2 grabbed my stuff and headed for Walmart Vision Center. 1/2 Mile from home I grabbed the IPV and had a Weak Draw. What the....... I just took this battery out of the Charger.
    Hit it again and nothing. Check Battery......
    I had put the battery in the charger backward,...Again! :facepalm:
    Grabbed my Vision Spinner/Carto setup and finished the trip.

Backups.;)

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    Try taking the coil out and pushing the pin down a bit. This happened to my dads atlantis. He has the v1 and it reads check atomizer. Just barely pushing down contact pin to make it stick out a bit is all that was needed for my dad. Not so much the cigarettes, but I dipped too. I miss the convenience of that. I could do it any time, anywhere and depending on how much I did, nobody would know I was doing it. Especially when I was doing copenhagen mint, it smelled as if I had gum in my mouth.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2015
    MA, USA
    I just recently moved and I was at my mom's house and I forgot my charger for my mod, and I had a few of my pipes there, and a mason jar of my favorite tobacco (Frog Morton), I debated on just packing a bowl and smoking that, but I just couldn't do it... Vaping has helped me so much, and I just couldn't do that to my body.

To the OP: It happens... Vaping is not an easy road, especially when (as you mentioned) you don't have the convenience of just asking someone for a coil, and giving them $3. I know that someday, corner stores will be selling coils, and other basic vaping supplies the same as they sell Camels, and Marlboro. At least you DIDN'T enjoy the analog, that is a great sign that vaping is your thing. Hang in there, it happens :)

kd705

Feb 13, 2015
    Ontario
    Try taking the coil out and pushing the pin down a bit. This happened to my dads atlantis. He has the v1 and it reads check atomizer. Just barely pushing down contact pin to make it stick out a bit is all that was needed for my dad. Not so much the cigarettes, but I dipped too. I miss the convenience of that. I could do it any time, anywhere and depending on how much I did, nobody would know I was doing it. Especially when I was doing copenhagen mint, it smelled as if I had gum in my mouth.

Take the coil out. And push the pin down?.. Which pin are you talking about?.. I made sure there wasn't any moisture in the bottom of the base where the coil screws into the base.. But this pin you're talking about?

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Take the coil out. And push the pin down?.. Which pin are you talking about?.. I made sure there wasn't any moisture in the bottom of the base where the coil screws into the base.. But this pin you're talking about?

The center pin (positive contact) of the coil assembly sometimes doesn't make contact when you screw it in.

TotemHarpy

Jun 7, 2015
    Mississippi, US
    This happened to my husband, and he works far enough away from home that he couldn't come home and get my mod. (And we currently don't have the money to get extras, we've only got the setups we started on because a wonderful friend sent them to us lol). After he got home I took a look and the o-ring under the firing pin had broke and come out. A trip to home depot, 2$, and 5 youtube videos later I had it fixed. This one stays at home with me from now on, just in case. I can always adjust and finagle with it during the day, he can't.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    Take the base of the atlantis off as if you were filling it. Unscrew the coil and you can push the contact pin for the tank down a bit from the inside. Get a screwdriver or a key works too haha, I've done that. You want it to look like this picture from google

I'd take a picture, but I don't have my atlantis readily available. I could get one up in 30 minutes unless someone else can show a picture with what I'm talking about.

Reactions: kd705
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread