Where can I find the actual "mod" part for a Vamo w/out battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having an issue where when I screw in any kind of tank, my vamo 4 reads "SHORT" and "LOW LOAD." I have made really nice coils to no avail. Someone at a store told me to just turn up the voltage - worked for a bit but then didn't.

Someone on here, when I posted about it, said to get something to wiggle the pin out a mm or two because it has been "crushed" with the insulator. Did that. Worked for a bit, back to SHORT and LOW LOAD.

SO, I need to buy a new one. I have a few different pv's, but this is a favorite because of its variable voltage. Is there a place (online) where I can buy just the piece I need? Attached is a pic of the faulty hardware...

Attachments

• vamo1.JPG
    vamo1.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 24
  • vamo2.JPG
    vamo2.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 25

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Its a lot easier to install a makeshift insulator on the top then to try and remove that piece and refit it, which requires soldering and allot of cussing to get that top piece off.

VAMO OHM Error FIX! | E-Cigarette Forum

FWIW, I did this to my wifes Vamo a few months ago, I used the flat horizontal portion of a kanger pt head pipe gasket, I cut the cylinder portion off it so it was a flat round gasket and used that to push under the pin.

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK
FastTech has loads of vamos to choose from, inc a control head for a vamo 4S - but that looks to be a different fitting than the one in your photos. The top connection does seem to be a problem with vamos across the board, so you might get another that ends up the same.

It might be worth considering a more reliable device like a MVP 20w. Of if you want a tube, check ebay for a used Provari 2.5 with extension tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread