watts and voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
vaparroos,

so here is a chart: http://i.imgur.com/6oraBGI.png

this charts says if i have a 1.2 ohm in my kanger subtank that i can vape at 6.0 volts at 30 watts and be ok, but i know that is not the case...

when i'm vaping at 1.2 ohm at 3.8 votls its ok, but i'm in the orange too...why am i still in the orange at 6 volts?

hope that makes sense...

Tyberias

Jun 1, 2010
TN
That chart doesn't take into account some variables that greatly change the wattage needed. The type of resistance wire used, the gauge of wire used, the type of coil, and the amount of airflow over the coils greatly influences what wattage can be used.

For example, a 1.8 ohm 30 gauge coil produces a scalding hot vape at 20 watts, but a 1.8 ohm 26 gauge coil barely produces any vapor at 20 watts.

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
Like noway said volts x amps = watts. I prefer to use volts squared divided by resistance = watts. This helps me figure out what batteries I need to get the watts I want. Watts = total heat. In my mind nothing else matters, I judge all juices' sweet spots by watts and use the battery/mod/tank combo that fits.

Reactions: Xavier_Ninnis

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
That chart doesn't take into account some variables that greatly change the wattage needed. The type of resistance wire used, the gauge of wire used, the type of coil, and the amount of airflow over the coils greatly influences what wattage can be used.

For example, a 1.8 ohm 30 gauge coil produces a scalding hot vape at 20 watts, but a 1.8 ohm 26 gauge coil barely produces any vapor at 20 watts.
+1

Robert Dean

May 10, 2015
Cincinnati, Ohio

+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread