Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Was hitting a very hot build hard, got a dryish hit, even a bit of cotton smolder. So I quickly whipped off the top cap and started painting some juice. I touched the tip of my juice bottle onto the hot coil and melted a bit onto it. Worse, I didn't realize till I took a big ol' hit...not the tastiest vape I've ever had.

Kanthal is cheap, experience is priceless.

BMdb0MQ.gif

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
*biting my tongue really hard*

Kinda remind you of lighting the wrong end of a cigarette?

*still biting tongue really hard*

Been there, done it, got the t-shirt.
I also once tried to light a cigarette off an a two bar electric heater, got to close and burnt the tip of my schnoz on the metal safety grill. Blisters for days.

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
Been there, done it, got the t-shirt.
I also once tried to light a cigarette off an a two bar electric heater, got to close and burnt the tip of my schnoz on the metal safety grill. Blisters for days.
Once I went to light a cigarette off a gas stove eye and burnt my eyelashes and eyebrow off one side of my face. Luckily my hair was in a ponytail

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
What I always hated when I was smoking the logs' was when you would have it hanging out of your mouth for a few minutes and it sticks to your lips. Then you go and try to pull it out of your mouth with your two fingers and it stays stuck to your lips and your fingers slide down the CIG pulling the cherry off. OUCH! Hated that!

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
not everyone vapes on a muffler though

drip into the juice well instead of directly onto the coils.
That works too. But if OP is willing to try it, a muffler really keeps the coils much cooler, you can build lower, you get more vapor, and you don't need to remove the top cap to re-drip. I am actually surprised if I happen to see any new RDA come out that doesn't already come wide-bore from the factory. It truely is a great way to do it.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
That works too. But if OP is willing to try it, a muffler really keeps the coils much cooler, you can build lower, you get more vapor, and you don't need to remove the top cap to re-drip. I am actually surprised if I happen to see any new RDA come out that doesn't already come wide-bore from the factory. It truely is a great way to do it.

an alternative is also get a derringer style 510 driptip, its widebore and still normal 510 connection, i use them and drip through mine all the time.

$1.04 Resin 510 Drip Tip for Derringer RTA and More - 13mm / white at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I did something similar dry burning and cleaning a coil once heh. Grabbed the old toothbrush I use to rake the coils a little too early right after firing it at like 30w. Saw the bristles start smoking and went 'Oh yeah maybe I should let it cool down a bit'.. Hope none of that melted into the coil now that I think about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread