New cessation vape pen with oils???? Are they kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I thought you weren't supposed to inhale oils. Am I missing something? Anyway I can wean myself off of nicotine anytime I want to just by vaping eliquid with less nic. Sigh. These guys suck. Please tell me we won't be stuck with this crap.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I thought you weren't supposed to inhale oils. Am I missing something? Anyway I can wean myself off of nicotine anytime I want to just by vaping eliquid with less nic. Sigh. These guys suck. Please tell me we won't be stuck with this crap.

They think they'll get approval from the FDA as a smoking cessation device and bring it to market by 2024. Bet they run out of money in 6 months.

• Agree
Reactions: Iron Molly

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Although regrettable they say they are the first "smoking cessation tool", it is nice to see them tout a device as a "nicotine cessation" tool as millions of youngsters are getting hooked on nicotine by using Juuls.

I suppose they use the word "oils" due to viscocity of e-juice being oil-like in nature.

Will it save the youth from Themselves? Will it kick Juul to the curb? Will big tobacco set around and watch? Eh, probably not but at least the idea is there.

I used to own a cigarette case with a timer you'd set to open the lid for access to one and as you decided to reduce your smoking you just added time to cause it to wait longer to open. It actually helped.

Perhaps this new idea will help too. I'm ok with it.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada

By contrast, Hava Health is pitching a smoking cessation tool. “We have a patented design,” says Israel. “What we do is we separate nicotine from the other compounds. We reduce the nicotine as we leave the other oils the same. Over time we reduce the nicotine and increase the clean oils and we get them to zero percent.”

I suppose they use the word "oils" due to viscocity of e-juice being oil-like in nature.

If Israeli users gets lipoid pnemonia, we know why.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
By contrast, Hava Health is pitching a smoking cessation tool. “We have a patented design,” says Israel. “What we do is we separate nicotine from the other compounds. We reduce the nicotine as we leave the other oils the same. Over time we reduce the nicotine and increase the clean oils and we get them to zero percent.”

If Israeli users gets lipoid pnemonia, we know why.

The fact that they even use the word "oils" whether accurate or not, makes me think this is not as well thought out as it could be. They could call it liquid, fluid, substance, on and on. That said, if it works, and gets people off cigs, it's not horrible to have other options. I know people who won't try things that aren't prescribed by a doc. The downfall I see is that as some of us know, getting to zero nic can be difficult to impossible. Then what?

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
The fact that they even use the word "oils" whether accurate or not, makes me think this is not as well thought out as it could be. They could call it liquid, fluid, substance, on and on. That said, if it works, and gets people off cigs, it's not horrible to have other options. I know people who won't try things that aren't prescribed by a doc. The downfall I see is that as some of us know, getting to zero nic can be difficult to impossible. Then what?
Some people even think essential oils are okay as it has naturopathic health benefits :danger:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Even the non-oil flavorings we use are often called "candy oils".

Sometimes (unfortunately) the term "oil" is generic term, not a lipid.

That's why it's so important to know what's in your vape.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Just for the record, I think it's important to note that essential oils are not the lipid oils that can cause lipoid pneumonia. Pure, distilled essential oils do not contain animal fats, base oils, mineral oils or other non volatile vegetable oils known to be associated with this condition. Many essential oils have in fact, been tested for inhalation safety and although that clearly doesn't include vaping, artificial food flavors can't even make that claim. We assume that they would be safe, especially in low doses but to date, there simply isn't enough evidence to state this as fact.

Yes, there are some essential oils that have the potential to be toxic and for that reason, I don't advocate their use but I think it bears mentioning that many of the food flavors we use contain the synthetic versions of the very same chemicals found in essential oils. Does that somehow make them less dangerous? Most food flavors are also NOT water soluble, which is why they are mixed with PG, alcohol and in some cases, triacetin.

Anyway, as Atty mentioned, I feel the term 'oil' is used far too loosely and often without context.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread