GET OFF YOUR A*@ES EVERYONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Our 9/8 deadline is looming. If you care at all about your right to vape I urge you to send your congressperson a letter. It only takes a minute. Could be something like this :

"So more reasons for you to vote against this. Over the past couple of days I have been online purchasing $2000 worth of e liquid in anticipation of the 9/8 ruling.

One observation. On one of the websites I was asked whether 21 or older to enter. Filled my cart and at checkout age verification (00/00/0000) was again asked for. Was told shipping and billing addresses had to match, no PO boxes, and that my birthdate had to match my credit card info. I think this clearly illustrates that the measures can be in place to curb teen vaping.

Also I'd like to talk about that last flavor I ordered. It is Kentucky bourbon, almond Amaretto, vanilla and coconut. It is aged 2 months in oak barrels. Now I dont know about you but the first time I drank whiskey I almost threw up. Trying to say that flavors like this are adult acquired and would no way appeal to children. Dont take my healthier simple pleasures away and penalize me for unscrupulous vendors. There is a way to make this work for all of us.

Btw, I think of that $2000 dollars not going to a hard working middleclass business owner and it going to black market vendors instead. Not to mention the unemployment we will now foot because you will have crippled these people".

I got this back from my representative so they do acknowledge the replys:

nHVOL14B0DK4al4EkXDdbRmoBW9qxO3TcpV_xSMyYN3LsAFYHlX3P5k-pY2s16PJjiQgUR42vFBfJjWlXYSaGBjv_RxQwUrzQzqLhccS_H5dgXA-5eXA2z1NF64zQJ8=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting me about your opposition to S. 1253, the Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like you, I am concerned about government overreach in this industry and how it affects people’s everyday lives. That is why I am proud to tell you that I voted against H.R. 2339, the Reversing the Youth Tobacco Epidemic Act, when it came up for a vote on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives. The bill would prohibit the flavoring of any tobacco product sold in the United States. The bill clarifies that all flavorings, including any artificial or natural flavor excluding tobacco, would be banned for sale. This ban would be extended to e-cigarette products, such as vape pens.

As you are aware, S. 1253 would require online sellers of e-cigarettes to ensure that the delivery carrier checks the ID of an adult upon delivery, which is the current requirement for cigarettes sold online. This requirement would ensure that online sellers have the same age verification requirement as physical retailers.

This legislation has passed the Senate by Unanimous Consent, and is currently being held at the desk. Should the Speaker bring this bill up for a full vote on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, I will utilize your input. Hearing from constituents makes me a more informed legislator and a better voice in Washington, D.C. for Arizona’s 8th Congressional District.

For more information about federal issues or if you need assistance with a federal agency, you can contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4576 or my District office at (623) 776-7911. To stay informed on how I am representing you in Congress, I highly encourage you to sign up for my e-newsletter on my website at www.Lesko.house.gov.

Sincerely,
hYmm2hRDX2VDtoCygJq-jTbddJPUgiVGuTSRgNJoXYy6EGgphm_S-_phPYllYVRcTOojCRnUjwoUZcMKmUU61sxp4zZRcGQhb79Jh0yCDeW9HkSemS2CWoi5=s0-d-e1-ft

Debbie Lesko
Member of Congress

6jd9IIl0f5Djwg7DcBfjuMRNPNCRA8h32M6yO2b4qDc0GjY3d3cCeOrY3QyZxcQg9VQY3LD83iSbezpfEaZB-OHVOsv0OOtN8VC7QVl9sqruTSzRJrF2jd-Bba6YA63nz-xzVfB0jD9KUYgJ1CpIIumpsuCTgjUYvpUfRMpB8DGPRw=s0-d-e1-ft

You just need to let them know that we are here and concerned as taxpaying constituents who are concerned about underage vaping.

If we don't fight, we'll never know if we can win.

Here's the link:
votervoice.net/mobile/CASAA/campaigns/69439/respond

Let's go!

Last edited:

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
  • Agree
Reactions: Katya

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Come on people. Let's see some support for this thread. Otherwise don't cry about it later. Day of reckoning IS COMING!
Some of us have been in this fight daily for years. Just because we don't post in your thread doesn't mean we are not doing everything in our daily lives where it matters more than keeping a thread bumped.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
I've send out so many emails I can't even keep track of them anymore. CASAA does a good job of sending reminders and CTA, which I find really helpful. @urby2112, I'm glad you received support from your rep but here's what I got from mine. It's so depressing to get these kind of replies. But I keep sending them. I received a phone call from a staffer after one email and was asked questions about my views, doesn't look like I won her over.

Screenshot_2.png

• Informative
Reactions: zoiDman

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I've send out so many emails I can't even keep track of them anymore. CASAA does a good job of sending reminders and CTA, which I find really helpful. @urby2112, I'm glad you received support from your rep but here's what I got from mine. It's so depressing to get these kind of replies. But I keep sending them. I received a phone call from a staffer after one email and was asked questions about my views, doesn't look like I won her over.

View attachment 903381

Well unless your rep is agreeable to you in all other issues that matter to you, you know who not to vote for.

Reactions: Qew

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Was told shipping and billing addresses had to match, no PO boxes, and that my birthdate had to match my credit card info. I think this clearly illustrates that the measures can be in place to curb teen vaping.

These are common measures many merchants take to decrease fraudulent purchases. You see this a lot for high ticket items and for items deemed as high risk transactions by the banks (like vape, firearms, adult, etc).

• Agree

urby2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Surprise, AZ
    Some of us have been in this fight daily for years. Just because we don't post in your thread doesn't mean we are not doing everything in our daily lives where it matters more than keeping a thread bumped.

I like you have fought the good fight. Just doing a last minute pitch to those who may not take this seriously.

urby2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Surprise, AZ
    That is truly depressing. So now kids who vaped or might have started will now just switch to analogs like I did 40 years ago. I dont even know why they call them "representatives" as they dont represent anything I believe in on so many fronts.

Just trying to do a last call to action folks. Dont crucify me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread