Got a freemax tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
Waldorf, MD
I had thought Segelei was one of the better tanks out there but seems that coils burn out easily. Been using below stated wattage for the most part. Recently got a freemax tank and the difference is night and day. I have a fuceli mod. 2 batteries 20 amp (25r or similar... All are either sony.,samsung or another recommend brand) and have no issue using at 80watts. The coil is not having issues tank is easier to filll(though my dumba** figured out that top slides by accident). I dont know the max that the battery can go to but if i believe with info i got here before with 2 batteries i should be good

• Winner
Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I had thought Segelei was one of the better tanks out there but seems that coils burn out easily. Been using below stated wattage for the most part. Recently got a freemax tank and the difference is night and day. I have a fuceli mod. 2 batteries 20 amp (25r or similar... All are either sony.,samsung or another recommend brand) and have no issue using at 80watts. The coil is not having issues tank is easier to filll(though my dumba** figured out that top slides by accident). I dont know the max that the battery can go to but if i believe with info i got here before with 2 batteries i should be good

Yeah freemax has good coils for sub ohm vapers. My son has a freemax tank and dearly loves it...

Glad you found a great tank that you enjoy!

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
Waldorf, MD
Is it safe to go higher than 80 watts with 20a batteries? I never had issues doing 35w,maybe 40w when i was using a single battery... Now using a 2 battery fuceli(of course not using same batteries.... All sets are "married"). Never bought below 20a....possible some are 25a but i dont think so
Might be going below wattage on coil but not above max

Last edited:

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is it safe to go higher than 80 watts with 20a batteries? I never had issues doing 35w,maybe 40w when i was using a single battery... Now using a 2 battery fuceli(of course not using same batteries.... All sets are "married"). Never bought below 20a....
    Might be going below wattage on coil but not above max
    Using a dual battery device with 20A batteties will be good for about 120W. Anything higher than that will exceed the 20A CDR value.
    Maximum current drain from the batteries is achieved when the batteries are approaching their low voltage battery cutoff (3.2v). Recharging the batteries before they go down to 3.2v, say 3.5v, does mean you can increase your wattage a little if you desire.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    In a regulated mod the resistance don't matter and to know the watts u can use the easy way is to multiply the amps of the battery by 3 so...
    20amp battery is 20x3=60 so u can vape it at 60watt Max and if u have double battery mod then u can go up to 120watts

For more info u can Google mooch battery tests

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    In a dual battery regulated mod you can go as high as 180-220 watts (depending on the mod) safely, but the trouble is that the coils are not rated that high and you will burn out the coil. You need to know the recommended range for the coil and stay within those parameters. It won't hurt to go below the recommended minimum but going above the recommended maximum will kill the coil in an instant.

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Using a dual battery device with 20A batteties will be good for about 120W. Anything higher than that will exceed the 20A CDR value.
    Maximum current drain from the batteries is achieved when the batteries are approaching their low voltage battery cutoff (3.2v). Recharging the batteries before they go down to 3.2v, say 3.5v, does mean you can increase your wattage a little if you desire.

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Thanks you for the info. Other than maybe by accident i have not gone over 100(i do use the lock to prevent it most of the time) but at one point i using coiles where 15w was the max( was a kanger actually like the tank just poorly designed to change coils broke easily) .... Juice is much sweeter at high temps almost to the point i may try a less sweet flavor

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Thanks you for the info. Other than maybe by accident i have not gone over 100(i do use the lock to prevent it most of the time) but at one point i using coiles where 15w was the max( was a kanger actually like the tank just poorly designed to change coils broke easily) .... Juice is much sweeter at high temps almost to the point i may try a less sweet flavor

Yeah the wattage can change the vapor temperature and this make juices taste different for better or worst....myself I don't like a cool vape I want it a little warm...most juices for me taste better at warm temps also..
    I guess that is the case with you...or u wasnt using the coil in high enough wattage and it wasnt performing well and with higher wattage u just started to actually taste the juice :p

Reactions: PodVaper
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread