Has Mooch blessed any 3.7V 18650's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I am interested in setting up an Arduino charger for my vape batteries. But the charger I want to use, an Adafruit bq24074 solar charger, does not support nominal 3.6V batteries. And basically all the Mooch approved batteries are nominal 3.6V. So, which 3.7V batteries are considered fairly robust for high current, vaping purposes?
    Mooch's blessing covers batteries that come from a reliable source, not necessarily that a specific battery is bad or shouldn't be used. He does all kinds of reviews on Efests, Vapcells, (insert non-OEM battery), etc, but is adamant about sticking to reliable OEM batteries as his information is only as reliable as the source from which the batteries come; rewraps not being that. He's still unbias about the information that's presented to him from his test results of said non-OEM batteries, however.

I want to share my findings on this, but I'll let Mooch do the talking.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I am interested in setting up an Arduino charger for my vape batteries. But the charger I want to use, an Adafruit bq24074 solar charger, does not support nominal 3.6V batteries. And basically all the Mooch approved batteries are nominal 3.6V. So, which 3.7V batteries are considered fairly robust for high current, vaping purposes?

Ignore the nominal voltage (if 3.6V or 3.7V), it doesn’t mean anything for us. If the cell is Li-ion and has a charging voltage of 4.2V and the charger charges to 4.2V then you should be okay. This assumes you have chosen a cell with a high enough true current rating, that is in good condition, and that it fits in your device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread