AA batteries that work with a vape charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Buy NiMh AA batteries and a charger that does both Li-on and Nimh batteries. I use AA and AAA NiMh cells in flashlights, my guitar wireless transmitter, and other devices around the house.

Nightcore i4 is a good choice, IMO.

Be sure and read the manual for the charger. Some 4 bay chargers require that you fill all bays with NiMh. If you charge two in a four bay dual channel charger, some slot combinations will charge at a rate too high and heat up the cells if you have two in different channels. Nitecore cautions about this in the manual. You can charge NiMh in all 4 slots at once or in pairs in channel 1 or channel 2. If you charge two at once they need to be inserted in slots 1 and 3 (channel 1) or 2 and 4 (channel 2). The link below explains this.

Sysmax/Nitecore/Jetbeam i4 Intellicharger Review (V2): current/voltage comparisons

Charge time calculator
Rechargeable battery charging time and mA current calculator | Convert to units and culinary measures.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
So I have need of rechargeable batteries (game controllers, universal remotes)

These charges claim to charge anything lithium ion but I'm afraid of just going to Best-buy and throwing a set of Duracell on their only to wake up to the fire alarm going off

Check out Amazon for NiMh batteries and chargers. You can save a lot, especially if you have Amazon Prime. Best Buy, OTOH, is price matching other vendors, so you might get a deal on sale. I buy my AA and AAA NiMh batteries in larger packs from Amazon. One thing you need to consider is that an alkaline AA/AAA is a 1.5v battery and NiMh is a 1.3v battery, so the alkaline lasts a little longer in any given device. The plus side is cost. It's worth it to me to charger and change batteries more often rather than having to go buy new ones. I keep about two dozen NiMh charged and ready to swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread