Apr 1, 2010
Miami
  • Deleted by ejoker
  • Reason: unregistered supplier/associate

STiCaveman

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Phx, AZ
Yea...yea....so how do you turn on that great little feature? Nobody knows.

Do you have to use Firefox to get this feature. I operate in Windows. Does this mean I can't get this feature?

If you guys have the page displayed in the "Black & Blue" style (bottom left corner of the page), the underlines will not be visible.

The same thing applies to text that has been copy/pasted from other sites/Word/Notepad- It is usually black (invisible) text.

Hope this helps,
-Caveman

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Do you have to use Firefox to get this feature. I operate in Windows. Does this mean I can't get this feature?

There isn't an absolute yes/no answer. The little pop-up displaying the meaning of an acronym is implemented using the HTML <ACRONYM> tag. Your broswer has to recognize this tag in order for that feature to work. It isn't exactly a forum feature, except that the forum software injects the <ACRONYM> tag when it sees something it recognizes as such.

In Windows, the acronym tag is supported in IE 5.5 and later. I hope you're running a new enough version of Windows to have a much later version of IE than that.

Are you letting the point of your mouse pointer rest on top of the acronyms?

Other browsers, such as Firefox, work on Windows, and also support the acronym tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread