Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Thought I saw it posted somewhere, can't locate - that you can charge a 801 on a 510 charger, I was able to make a connection, using a rubber band to hold the batt in place, but was concerned about the difference if any in charge/battery type. Is this something that I can do and not have a problem with? These are all auto's and I've got many 510 chargers, only 1 801. Thanks, Vicki

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I don't know for sure, but i suspect you can w/o any issues, not counting thread mismatches. If it is electrically compatible, an 801/510 thread adapter might help.

I have charged 510 batts on 401 chargers (with a 510/401 adapter) and that worked just fine.

There are "universal" chargers that don't have threads at all, instead the battery is pushed in... this makes me think its usually ok to mix and match.

Although, I think some of the so called "disposable" batteries are gratuitously made incompatible from a recharging perspective with there non-disposable counter parts.

So i guess i don't have a conclusive answer, but that's what i got ;)

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Thanks VM, I did do a little testing on my own, seems both the chargers, have the same markings on the labels pertaining to the output, etc. The threads dont match up, but If I push it all the way in and use a rubberband to hold it, it does make a connection and it will charge.

Good new for 801 users who may have a 510 charger hanging around and their 801 charger dies.....

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I just read in another thread that some models of ecigs have reversed polarity compared to others, such that the center post is negative vs positive. For example the Blu using the same threading as the 510, but its polarity is reversed so you can't charge Blu's on 510 chargers or vice versa.

Before trying your 510 charger with your 801, you might want to check the polarity with a multi-meter to be sure they're the same between 510 and the 801.

Although it sounds like you've already charged it at least once and already know that things line up properly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread