About Innokin cool fire IV tc 100w

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvasxatz

May 20, 2016
Hello everyone!I just bought the model above and it came with an ss bvc coil and a kal bvc coil both at 0.5 ohms.I've read the manual and the suggested wattage limit for the kal is at 70w but in youtube videos i've seen people vaping at 100w with this model! so my question is can i use these coils to vape at this wattage or do i need different coils? thanks in advance(btw im using the isub v sub ohm tank)

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
so my question is can i use these coils to vape at this wattage or do i need different coils?
The rule of thumb for EVERY vape device you'll ever own is the same (when running in power or wattage/voltage mode). Turn your voltage/wattage down, take a few hits, bump it up, couple more hits. Repeat until you find your "sweet spot". If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

Reactions: Deryan3

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Yeah firing it at 100 will probably roast the coil. I'm not sure what tank comes with that battery, so I'm assuming some kind of isub tank. I had one, the coil said 20-35w for the regular kanthal coil at 0.5ohms. I couldn't get it over 17 without it tasting like sucking on an exhaust pipe. That said, I would start as low as possible for vapor to be produced and work up like mentioned before.

Reactions: mrdfield

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Thank you both for your advices!I'll try and find my sweet spot but if i feed the coil with 100w is there any chance it might burn?
Yes, firing it at 100watts there is a good chance you will "dry hit" and burn the cotton. That could even happen at 70 watts.

Start low and work your way up so that you can determine how high you can go without getting "dry hits". And make sure you are priming a new coil before you start using it.

Priming a Coil

All cotton coils have to be primed well with juice. If they are not primed well the cotton will burn. Once the cotton is burned the burned taste doesn't go away.

To prime the coil, drop 5-8 drops of juice right inside the coil (sometimes less/more depending on the size of the coil head), another drop of juice in all the holes on the side of the coil. I watch the cotton absorb the e-liquid and when it can't hold any more, I put the coil in the base.
  • If Bottom Filling - Fill the tank and then screw the base back onto the tank.
  • If Top Filling (some tanks are top filled) - Screw the tank on the base and then top fill it.
Once you put the tank on the battery give it several unpowered primer puffs. This will make sure the wick is fully saturated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread