About ready to give up... need veteran intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
Shelley, Shaylah, hell, I've been trying to figger it out fer a couple months my damn self lmao

original spelling of my full name is CheallaighLynn... my parents made an english version of Kelli-Lynn... but it's still pronounced the old way which is gaelic... Keel Lee Lynn, cheallaigh is keel lee. leave it to the irish eh?

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
That is why my most recent mod search was for unpainted mods! that is what landed me on the smok Cube!!
I have a wrap on my smoke x cube II
Custom frog wrap from JWraps
IMG_20170113_092338_715.JPG
IMG_20170113_092319_928.JPG

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Nice! :) I think homeschooling was the best decision I've ever made. Haven't regretted it once. Vaping was also a very good decision! :) We are some super-smart ladies, lol!
I homeschool our 12 yr old. Have been since he was in third grade, he's in the 8th grade now.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Wow... it's amazing that three people in this one little thread are homeschoolers. So awesome. We are a rapidly growing group!
I feel like my son will not get the proper education he deserves in our local schools. When we first moved to the desert, we let him go to school for the first three days, the level of incompetence was overwhelming! Technically he should be in the 5th grade because of his birthday being in Oct, but he was able to skip the 4th and 6th grade.

leleegrrl

Mar 24, 2013
Southeast USA
I homeschool our 12 yr old. Have been since he was in third grade, he's in the 8th grade now.
I have two boys -- one is 10, the other is 19. We started 3 years ago -- my 19 year old was way behind. Terrible school. We took our time the first year or so, getting the system out of their systems and finding our teaching/learning style. It's been a really cool experience. People think I've done something wrong because my 19 year old "should have" graduated by now, but he is going to be infinitely better off and more ready than he would have been on their time table. We're getting ready to take some SAT Subject tests and AP exams. It's liberating to get off the conveyor belt and realize it's okay to do it differently!

leleegrrl

Mar 24, 2013
Southeast USA
I didn't realize how far behind my older son was until we really sat down and started trying to figure out where he was with math. He really didn't have a good enough grasp on anything that he had passed through! They just don't care. They just kept passing him on through because he could do the bare minimum. He is super-smart, but he lacked self-motivation and didn't care enough at the time to speak up when he needed help. So we started back at middle-school math when he was supposed to be 10th grade. Most of it is review, but it turns out math isn't a hard subject for him at all! -- He just wasn't being taught in a way that helped him learn. He's breezing through it now. He won't have time to get through the upper maths like Trig or Calc (I wish I could have started homeschooling when he was younger).

Reactions: Kprthevapr

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Back on topic, just one suggestion.....

Getting into building your own coils is certainly something to work towards. But try to find a set-up using a simple tank with factory coils and a juice that satisfies you first. Then you will have something working "well" to hit on while learning and fiddling with your builds. And back-ups are a very good thing! Desperate for a satisfying hit while building, not so much.

Consider a mod like the suggested Alien (+1 on the kit with BB) with all its abilities. You can always crank it down as low as 6 watts (I think) to fire any atty you have, yet gives you all the room you need to grow with your builds when the time comes.

Good luck! You can do this! And welcome to the rabbit hole! :shock: :D :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread